Major Bummer

Northern lights

Woke up sick today...then it got worse. 4:00pm comes and only 3/4 of display lights up...

Went thru check list and things begin to get more serious...Two amp breakers not responding on board. Tried replacing no response... Major issues 5 days before Christmas. Display may be done for the season...need licensed electrican for this $$$$ Bummer! No joy in Northern lights land tonite...

When I added the timers to the electrical I fried two 20 amp breakers, there are no fuses so I don't know what you call them, but they are on the house board... I spoke with an electrician tonite and he thinks he knows what the issue is.

I tried to replace the 20 amp breakers and no go...the breakers would'nt reset and no power to those areas that they service...my display is static, so you know that the drain is there all the time...the timers are old and I don't know if the extra drain came from there or what?

It ran fine for Three weeks with out a problem till today...I'll find out tomorrow...Don't know if this clarifies anything...Yeah I'm venting and I guess not knowing what I'm dealing with confuses me too.

... I fried two 20 amp breakers...
You shouldn't be able to fry a breaker. It's the strong point of the circuit and is there so you don't fry the wiring. If you roasted a breaker, it was most likely the panel that it was in that was at fault. If the connection underneath the breaker was poor, it could get hot and cook the breaker and possibly the one above it also.
I tried to replace the 20 amp breakers and no go...
If the connection underneath the breaker was bad from the previous breaker, its likely that the connector spread apart or is resistive due to being previously overheated.

It could also be none of the above.

Glad it worked out for you. I too have my fingers crossed since I'm pulling 18.6 amps on one 20 amp circuit, but so far so good.

Back at my old house, I was pulling about 19A on a 20A circuit, and it was the same circuit as the garage opener, so when that kicked in it was pulling about 26 amps on the circuit -- but not for long enough to trip the breaker or cause issues... :)

Back at my old house, I was pulling about 19A on a 20A circuit, and it was the same circuit as the garage opener, so when that kicked in it was pulling about 26 amps on the circuit -- but not for long enough to trip the breaker or cause issues... :)

That gives me hope for getting through the season. I was willing to add an outlet/circuit, but when I got the electrician's estimate for that particular location :eek: