Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Guest Judd1983

Yay....it's christmas 09

Justin, I waited to make sure you were all done posting pictures. What a fun and whimsical display you have! I just love what you did and, like everyone else, the reindeer are truly wonderful and different! You've outdone yourself and I only wish I could see your magical display in person! Your use of trees is excellent..love the frames and the way you arranged some of your mold around them to create a lovely focal point! Great job, well done, I love it!

Guest Judd_Peiffer

Justin, I waited to make sure you were all done posting pictures. What a fun and whimsical display you have! I just love what you did and, like everyone else, the reindeer are truly wonderful and different! You've outdone yourself and I only wish I could see your magical display in person! Your use of trees is excellent..love the frames and the way you arranged some of your mold around them to create a lovely focal point! Great job, well done, I love it!

thank you carrie that means so much to hear you say that!.....i actaully have alot more frames then i think got into the pictures! Mr christmas was my favorite wireframe company i've actually been very fortunate to buy some of my cousins as he decided not to use them anymore! i always try to incorporate them as much as possible.....did you see the tree? doesn't it look awesome? just wait till next year i've got plans running through my head already!

justin

thank you carrie that means so much to hear you say that!.....i actaully have alot more frames then i think got into the pictures! Mr christmas was my favorite wireframe company i've actually been very fortunate to buy some of my cousins as he decided not to use them anymore! i always try to incorporate them as much as possible.....did you see the tree? doesn't it look awesome? just wait till next year i've got plans running through my head already!

justin

Justin, I did see the tree..again, Merry Christmas, my friend, enjoy it!;)

Justin your display looks spectacular. I wish i could come up and see it in person. And of course like everyone else i like the deer. And the snowmen around the fire lol. Once again good work. Merry Christmas!

GREAT I just love the snowman/fire scene!! and the turkey leg santa with mrs claus was great too!! It was all great!! Lots of rare molds !!

Jim

Guest Judd_Peiffer

GREAT I just love the snowman/fire scene!! and the turkey leg santa with mrs claus was great too!! It was all great!! Lots of rare molds !!

Jim

thanks Jim.......I do love my rare molds!

Justin

Guest A.F.NUT

Wow Justin where to begin. It looks wonderful! I love all the little groups of things. I see a lot of familiar molds went to a good home! The carolers look great! Tweety in the bird cage is brilliant! Love the ho's coming out of the smokestack. That is perfect. And I see you got santa flying. He makes the display, I knew you would get it done! You need to send a pic to that guy at Lowes who cut the cable that night I think he thought we were all crazy! So that blue light around the victorian caroler scene was that done or is it just a reflection? It looks neat! I have to laugh now You Matilda and I all have the soldirs guarding the displays you would think we all planned it! I guess great minds think alike! I do need to try and get out there to see it. Tom

Guest Judd_Peiffer

Wow Justin where to begin. It looks wonderful! I love all the little groups of things. I see a lot of familiar molds went to a good home! The carolers look great! Tweety in the bird cage is brilliant! Love the ho's coming out of the smokestack. That is perfect. And I see you got santa flying. He makes the display, I knew you would get it done! You need to send a pic to that guy at Lowes who cut the cable that night I think he thought we were all crazy! So that blue light around the victorian caroler scene was that done or is it just a reflection? It looks neat! I have to laugh now You Matilda and I all have the soldirs guarding the displays you would think we all planned it! I guess great minds think alike! I do need to try and get out there to see it. Tom

first off yes you do need to get out here to see it!.....and yes i thought i was the only 1 of the three of us that was planing to do that.....i actually started that idea after last christmas....lol...the blue light around the VC was just a reflection with my camera and if you think the outside is great you should see the inside!

justin

Guest Christmas Is 4 Me

Justin,

Fantastic job!! I love the flying reindeer and santa sleigh, and the train, I hope to have both someday. Neat idea putting Tweety in a cage!! I really like the three individual carolers, First time I ever saw them

I really like your set up, molds, scuplture lights, and inflatables--you blend it all so well.

Merry Christmas

Guest Judd_Peiffer

Justin,

Fantastic job!! I love the flying reindeer and santa sleigh, and the train, I hope to have both someday. Neat idea putting Tweety in a cage!! I really like the three individual carolers, First time I ever saw them

I really like your set up, molds, scuplture lights, and inflatables--you blend it all so well.

Merry Christmas

the train is by far one of my favorites.....the flying reindeer was an idea that my friend Tom got me going on. I was amazed when i actually got it off the ground and flying! tweety in the cage i must say was not my original idea but hey we gotta find them somewhere! i think the 3 individual carolers are made by noma......but thats not set in stone..... but thank you so much.

Justin

Guest Judd_Peiffer

i still haven't been able to locate the tags for the reindeer marching band......but i think they where either mountain king or GF tree division god willing when the display comes down i'll find the tags in one of my totes!

Justin

Very nice display Justin. You have a lot of great molds and you set it all up really nice. Like everyone one else, I love those reindeer. Do you have a real close up of one of them? Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Guest Judd_Peiffer

i probably do have a close up i'll get with you.......also For Those Of You That Where Wondering..... THEY WHERE MADE BY THE NATIONAL TREE COMPANY......Thank you

Justin

Great Display Justin!!!!

I really like how you have everything laid out throughout your yard.

Your Beco Church with the choir members looks great!