Unbeleivable Billionaire's Christmas light display blows all of us away, see video

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now everyone is just kissing butt ... hoping that the billionaire gives them a call in 2010 ... lol

Nobody said it was "bad" ... just the title of this thread ... made me expect a disney fireworks show at the end, that's all ... it was nice, classy.

Oh come on Jeff... your display is better then that... of course those sway trees would be cool in any one of our yards, the man probably put none of his own effort or originality into it... prolly just gave someone $15,000 and said make me proud....

Paul Tudor Jones is a famous hedge fund billionaire who does this very high end display at his house...er ummmmm... super mansion in where else: Greenwhich Connecticut. Must have cost a fortune but he's got some spare coin lying around, he's worth $3.3 Billion! I gotta wonder though, do they really need the ".3?" Once you get past $1 Billion, checkmate! You win! One of Jones' first major successes was predicting Black Monday in 1987, tripling his investment due to large short positions he took out when predicting there would be a major stock correction. Check out his lights here:

I posted a video of his lights last year, but this one is a better quality video showing more of his display. Prepare to have your jaws drop! I hope he doesn't submit his display to the Light-O-Rama contest...

I thought the display was good. But I especially like the fact that he did it. There are a lot of people with a lot of money that don't do any displays to give back to the community. Of course I'm assuming that the public can see the display through the iron gates, etc.

I know some of us have much larger budgets than others. It would be interesting to see what each of us could do if given, say, $50,000 and the ability to do anything you wanted with it, so long as it was directly related to building a display. Or make that number even higher, and the concept of doing an entire display out of CCR's or Galaxia becomes a real possibility...

I'm so up for that.

My plan:

Buy a $49,000 car.

Drive it to the store and buy $1000 worth of lights.

Hang them up on the house.

Enjoy the display from inside my heated sweet, sweet ride.

You guys are pretty harsh. I think that he rocks.

Anyone that bothers to put up as much as a string of lights much less an entire animated display gets my big fat thumbs-up.

His net worth is irrelevant.

Its was nice, but not unbelieveable. I agree, anyone who as much as puts a green light in thier porch light gets a thumbs up, but thats about it.

You guys are pretty harsh. I think that he rocks.

Anyone that bothers to put up as much as a string of lights much less an entire animated display gets my big fat thumbs-up.

His net worth is irrelevant.

I agree with you the display is nice and you do give him credit for the effort. If people enjoy it, then that's what is all about anyway right?

Sorry for the broken link. This tree was produced by Singapore jeweler Soo Kee Jewelery and was, at the time, the most expensive tree ever produced. Encrusted with 21,798 diamonds totaling 913 carats, 3,762 crystal beads and decorated with 456 lights., the tree is almost 20 foot tall and weighs over 7,000 pounds