Anyone from the UK?

Hey,

Just wondering if there is anyone on here from the UK.

I don't have an animated display,yet :-) but someday hope to have one.

Here's a picture or two of my modest effort this year:

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. Yes I know one of the mini trees doesn't work, i'm working on it!

post-6272-129571184584_thumb.jpg

post-6272-129571184596_thumb.jpg

post-6272-129571184602_thumb.jpg

Hi Dan

Welcome to Planet Christmas.

I have been doing an outside display for 13 years but have only been doing an animated display for 3 years. All my stuff comes is 110v from the USA. I have used approx 20,000 mini lights this year.

You can see a very bad video of 1 sequence on Youtube.

Search = Belton Christmas display.

Where are you in the UK ?

Thanks Dan

Richard was kind enough to share his sequences and although my display is very small in comparison I was able to use some elements to fit it.

I have 4 LOR controllers being 64 chanels. I think I have maxed out on the power now so do not intend to add any more.

If I was starting out I would definitley go for LEDs

Hi,

Indeed LED's are the intention (when the price comes down a bit!).

An interesting development is the possibility of a UK store working with LOR to produce a UK version. I understand that LOR boxes can be used in the UK with UK lights but do you choose to use US lights for another reason?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I use the standard supabrights from premier decorations and the connectables from Cinter Uk.

They work perfectly. the only issue I have had has been with a controller for some tiles from premier that blew. But other than that no issues at all.

I even leave the multifunction boxes on them as I find this gives a better effect when they are all on and doesn't make any difference to the fading etc.

Best regards

i there im from uk, im using d-light 2 x 16 channel 240 pcbs at mo but expanding to 32 channel for next december, oh and ive already started planning next years already :giggle: 11 months in advance till it starts all over again but this time for charity :eek::giggle::santasmileyitty::121_reindeer: will be aiming for 10,000 leds from the 3,000 i have at the mo :121_reindeer: im from staffordshire and as far as i know im the only house iun staffordshire that has chrimbo lights sequenced to music

Hey,

There seems quite a few animators over here!

For anyone who synchronises their show to music, is there anything in way of radio transmitting licenses that have to be done?

Also mrclaus1001 which part of Staffs are you from, i'm from around there too.

Thanks,

Dan

im in burntwood, i have a animated display, at 32 channel which will be turning to 64 channels for the following years christmas 2010, id reccomend protecting the display by the use of security lighting and also cctv security camera like we have, we have got ptz domes and staic dome camera watching 24/7 365 days a year!

If you are in the UK then radio liences are governed by ofcom.

I had a visit this year after the newspapers said I had an FM radio station.

Provided you are using something that is legal for the UK and of low power then you are OK.

Legal in the UK means it complies with EU regulations, has the CE mark on the equipment and a circle with an exclamation mark.

Do that and you will be OK. E-Mana or IPlay are the main ones.

Hi Dan,

I use a mixture of low and mains voltage. Depends what I need them for.

The best way to get the lights is to go direct to the importers.

There are a number of direct importers in the UK. Drop me a PM and we can have a chat about it. (same goes for anyone else in the UK)

best regards

Guest Lightzilla

Do any of you UK folks know if there is a Christmas Forum in the UK?

I joined the NZ forum and I see that they are very resourceful down there and make there own LED light strings, or convert regular mini light strings to LEDs. I am hoping that someone from that NZ forum will give us Canadians a heads up on doing things like that on our Canadian forum.

Glad to see you folks enjoying Christmas lighting in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I am from Birmingham, and I am 18 years old.

I am also looking to do and animated display next year using LED lights, and using LOR at 240V.....should be good fun!

Glad to hear the Premier Lights work well dimming - the LEDs - that was my main worry, I'd have trouble dimming them with control boxes etc.

HI DAN we are from gateshead tyne & wear we have 16 channels of LOR

running all 110v usa LEDS. this is our 9th year doing a display but first year

with LOR.

Hi Ronda

Where did you buy your LEDS and what sort are they? Do they fade with LOR?

Linda