Please enlighten me as to why Synchronizing Music to a display takes so long

Guest csx5861

Richard wrote:"I would be nice if there was a "Make Kick Butt Sequence" button "

I have one!!!:P

kick button.jpg

I don't see what the problem is... I pushed the button and my laptop spit out 4 sequences that I didn't even realize I wanted yet

I have to agree with a couple of points here... 16 channels is a bit harder to work with than larger numbers. what can make more of difference in difficulty is the choice of song. TSO songs are fairly easy, but Linus and Lucy is the biggest pain to do in my opinion. Chose your songs carefully, and don't start with something slow (it will seem like it would be easier, but it's really not)

Thanks for all the info. I have already bought the LOR Starter Package (Software S2 Plus to be upgraded to the unlimited version soon enough) minus the controller. But I have a 16 channel controller coming that I will be working with when the starter package hardware gets here. Upgraded to the USB 485B and 100' of cat5 cable.

Will also be purchasing the LOR MP3 Director to run the show as standalone at a later time.

I also have downloaded the VIXEN software, but not sure I understand it, to me, it looks like the LOR software is more user friendly and much easier to use.

And I have already gotten my FM Transmitter, a Mobile BlackBox Eclipse 4000 w/ 33" magnet mount telescoping antenna.

So when the rest gets here, I'll be playing around with everything to see how it all works as best I can with what limited room I have to use where my computer is!

I may/may not purchase an additonal 16 channel unit, although it seems every time I start thinking up my 2010 display and start figuring out what channel I want to control what I seem to run out of channels before I run out of ideas and lights/display pieces. But I'll wager a bet that's a common thing among lightshow sequencers.:giggle:

Anyway, I will be joinging in the ranks of LOR users this year, 2010 will be my first real experience with LOR. So I'll see how it goes.

And I've already been playing with the software for a while now and now I completely understand the whys and how comes for taking so long to do a song.

If you've never done it before, it could sure catch a newbie off guard if they don't download the LOR demo software and play around with it for awhile first. It sure gives me a whole lot more respect for you folks that do this too, 'cuz it SURE IS TIME CONSUMING, not to also say, very "ADDICTIVE!":giggle:

So now I can officially say:

I AM ENLIGHTENED and KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M IN FOR!

(And enjoying every minute of it too!)

Thanks to all the PC folks!

Edited by csx5861

Quick question for everyone-- Are either Light Show Pro or Vixen Mac-Compatible? Or is there plans for a future LOR Mac-Compatible software?

What I would need to happen (in the 2-3yr future) would be sync on a Mac then run a show on a PC..

Thanks! (Sorry if I am highjacking this thread)

I'm done with my part, so feel free to hijack away....:D

Wish I could answer your question, but I have no idea....:confused:

Quick question for everyone-- Are either Light Show Pro or Vixen Mac-Compatible? Or is there plans for a future LOR Mac-Compatible software?

What I would need to happen (in the 2-3yr future) would be sync on a Mac then run a show on a PC..

Thanks! (Sorry if I am highjacking this thread)

This can always be subject to change and I am in no position to answer for anyone else but I could have sworn this question was raised to several makers of christmas hardware and sequencing softwares and might find the IBM PC market is sized just right for profitability with light show softwares however the market size of Mac owners might be too small to warrant development of like a LOR 2 for Mac.

Dont you guys use IBM PC CPU chips now in Macs and isnt Windows emulation under a Mac pretty good and functional? I would think you could get the Windows emulation software that allows you to run Windows on your Mac, wouldnt that work??

I mean, if you own a mac and don't have a computer with windows on it. Simply buy a program like partition or boot camp etc. That way you can dual run (snow) Leopard and Windows? That's my suggestion.

I also own a mac but am fortunate enough to also have an older computer that runs windows. But LOR will not run on mac. Whatever the latest version is.