CDI OFFICIAL PRE ORDER (back on track)

paul sessel

Paul,

I am interested in purchasing 100ct strings of either C6 or M6 multi for a mega tree this Christmas and wanted to know what the amperage and wattage ratings were for these strings and how it relates to the number of strings that can be connected together. My display will be static so I will not be separating these on a controller for individual channels.

Thanks.

I'm out of town right now and don't have access to that exact information but I think they are about 8 watts per string maximum depending on color.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No - but our wire is the best you can get. It is rated at 10 amps, has a UV inhibitor in it (for out door use) and fits SPT1 plugs. There really is no need to carry the other two.

I have 2000' of it out in my yard - some of it going on 4 years old - and it's all as flexible as it was the day I got it. (And some of it is even stored outside all year.)

Uncle! Am I looking in all of the wrong places? Does Paul have C9 sockets on SPT? Strings. I am looking for abt 500' of strings with sockets every 12". I looked around on CDI web site but did not see anything like this. Just wire and sockets, but none of it already built up.

Thanks

Uncle! Am I looking in all of the wrong places? Does Paul have C9 sockets on SPT? Strings. I am looking for abt 500' of strings with sockets every 12". I looked around on CDI web site but did not see anything like this. Just wire and sockets, but none of it already built up.

Thanks

Did you look here or just go here.

It is one of the items in his pre order. It is $95.00 for 500' with sockets at 12" on green wire.

Thanks

Paul,

I am interested in purchasing 100ct strings of either C6 or M6 multi for a mega tree this Christmas and wanted to know what the amperage and wattage ratings were for these strings and how it relates to the number of strings that can be connected together. My display will be static so I will not be separating these on a controller for individual channels.

Thanks.

I have a string of 100xM6 here. The tag says .08A (9.6W) and to connect only 1.75A total in line (21 strings). The fuse is 3A.

It's cool that I can put up 100 pretty bright LEDs for the power cost of 1 C9.

No - but our wire is the best you can get. It is rated at 10 amps, has a UV inhibitor in it (for out door use) and fits SPT1 plugs. There really is no need to carry the other two.

I meant can you add the info to the sheet but you answered my clumsy question, SPT1.

Thanks.

Thanks Chris and Diveralan,

Chris, I would not have thought to go into the wholesale section, cause I thought we were buying retail, dont have a tax number and even if I did, I would not be reselling it. Thanks for the heads up.

Diveralan, just slap me silly. I saw the bottom of the 2nd page, and for what ever reason. Thought all of that was just zip wire on a spool. Didn't even look any closer to realize that some of the offerings had sockets on them. I think you might have saved me a few bucks. Was thinking I was going to have to go to another vendor to get the string with sockets.

Again thanks to both of you.

Chris, I would not have thought to go into the wholesale section, cause I thought we were buying retail, dont have a tax number and even if I did, I would not be reselling it. Thanks for the heads up.

I guess its up to Paul to clarify if we can shop in that section or not. :)

Hope this hasn't been asked and answered any place. What is the difference in CDI's color between Sun White and Warm White? Already familiar with Cool White. I am going to need a boat load of dimmable C9 retro's and the sale price list only shows Sun White available.

Hope this hasn't been asked and answered any place. What is the difference in CDI's color between Sun White and Warm White? Already familiar with Cool White. I am going to need a boat load of dimmable C9 retro's and the sale price list only shows Sun White available.

The sun white lights look a lot like incendescents, i.e. a slight yellow tint while the cool whites have the slight blue tint.

I have warm white C9 retrofits and sun white M6 and they look pretty much the same to me from a distance.

The warm white is kind of a funky color that has a bit of a nasty green hue to it. Sun White was introduced last '08 and is the correct color to order. We will be fazing out the warm white color.

Not exactly sure what you are asking here, but anything we offer is available to you.

Sorry....Max-Paul wasn't sure if we could shop from the "Wholesale" section of your website. Being most "wholesale" dealers require a tax ID number. I figured we could but didn't want to make the first three letter of ASSume of myself and say for sure. :giggle:

I have a question Paul. I'm not sure what the proper terminology for this is but are the lights commercial or regular? Haha Like the commercial you need the adaptor to plug them into the extension chord. Also, how long does the pre-order last? When is the latest date you will accept orders for the pre-order? Thanks

Edited by H2Opolo15

I have a question Paul. I'm not sure what the proper terminology for this is but are the lights commercial or regular? Haha Like the commercial you need the adaptor to plug them into the extension chord. Also, how long does the pre-order last? When is the latest date you will accept orders for the pre-order? Thanks

They are "regular" and you have until the end of January to order.

The warm white is kind of a funky color that has a bit of a nasty green hue to it. Sun White was introduced last '08 and is the correct color to order. We will be fazing out the warm white color.

Wait!!! I just ordered a bunch of the warm white in icicles and m6 strings, I thought they had the yellow hue to them to look more like incandescent's. Now you say they are more green...Yuck!!, I don't want green. Or is this only with the C9 type of lights and I'm still OK?

-Pat

Wait!!! I just ordered a bunch of the warm white in icicles and m6 strings, I thought they had the yellow hue to them to look more like incandescent's. Now you say they are more green...Yuck!!, I don't want green. Or is this only with the C9 type of lights and I'm still OK?

-Pat

Not to worry - that is only for the C7 and C9 retro fit lamps - the string lights are excellent in warm white.

Paul,

Just wondering why don't you carry Sun White LED strings, instead of just in the retro fit bulbs? Do you plan to in the future?

It's all about "verbollogy" - the string lights are warm white and the retro fit bulbs are Sun white. It's from the manufacturer more than anything.