OK-Mini Plus 2010

Sounds great to me. I missed last year because of an unavoidable business trip, but enjoyed the year before at Greg's. Has anyone decided on a date for this year? I don't want to miss it again, and would like to reserve the dates. I could bring "Santa's Diner" (a small wooden display with rope light and LOR cosmic ribbon neons, or any of several other items for show and tell.

I would like to see the cosmic ribbon neons and didn't you also have the firefly's?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's shaping up to be another great OK get-together. Do you have a date yet? Anyone interested in some of the DIY boards? Anyone looking at Vixen vs LSP vs LOR?

I was thinking of playing around with the LSP demo this year. I didn't jump on the bandwagon last year because it would have been difficult to convert my old shows and learn new software quickly enough.

Yes, we need to agree on a date.

I propose a choice of 3 weekends to pick from with Saturday being the main day.

April 17th

April 24th

May 1st

I mention these dates to stay away from holidays and of course before vacations start getting spooled up along with the hot weather. If anyone has a better time frame, please chime in.

Please post your preference so we can set the date.

Tom,

How about starting a Poll thread with your dates. I think that would work better than numerous posts to this thread. You could actually see the numbers for each date.

Just a thought, I don't want to hijack your post or efforts to nail down a date. Again, I really appreciate your efforts and willingness to step up and take charge to move our Mini forward.

Tom,

How about starting a Poll thread with your dates. I think that would work better than numerous posts to this thread. You could actually see the numbers for each date.

Darren,

Good idea and I thought about that but didn't want a bunch of different threads on the same event. And anyone who has chimed in on this thread will get notified of any posts added (if they have there settings right).

It's not a bad idea, I just didn't want a bunch of info on different threads.

It's one of those "dang if you do, dang if you don't" things I guess.

But you know? Let's try a "dang if you do" and see what happens.

I'll start a poll. Beware, it will be my first. :giggle:

Edit: Oh, I'm not taking charge. I just want to know when I need to be there :)

Yes, we need to agree on a date.

I propose a choice of 3 weekends to pick from with Saturday being the main day.

April 17th

April 24th

May 1st

I mention these dates to stay away from holidays and of course before vacations start getting spooled up along with the hot weather. If anyone has a better time frame, please chime in.

Please post your preference so we can set the date.

Tom,

April 17th or may 1st would work for me.

Alan

Hey guys,

We're still looking at the date as the poll takes shape but in the mean time...

What do you want to see/learn?

Welding of wireframe material is something I would like more info on.

Arches, driveway and leaping.

ELL from LOR

And.... BBQ :)

I'm going to bring some of my modified LED stuff. RWR and the LED strobe and 1Watt LEDs I'm just getting into. I'm also going to play with the spiral tree thing. I have an eight foot tree frame to try it out on.

If you have experience in anything you want to share/teach (plus beyond what I listed above), PLEASE bring it and prepare for a small class/course in your process. If it worked for you, then it must be a good thing to share with others.

It's going to be a blast!!! but not without all of you and this cool stuff to learn/share.

After building my OU and mini trees last year, I've decided that I want to build more stuff. I'm interested in CoroPlast, but have NO IDEA what it is, other than some kind of plastic... So that's what I'm hoping to see at the mini. Something made of coroplast.

Anyone gonna bring something?

I suppose I could load up the OU and bring it if anyone is interested...

I suppose I could risk bringing either my dancing skeleton or singing, dancing, guitar playing snoopy I made last year. But beware when you see the mass of wires in the back of snoopy it may scare you off. Or I could just bring the singing pumpkin I got from wowlights a couple of years ago. I am thinking of trying to shorten some more wires on snoopy. As it is if a string goes out it will be a nightmare to troubleshoot

It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something to get me familiar with the material and what it can do.

For that matter, if anyone has something in progress that's still easy to bring....

YES!!!

Bring your stuff!!!

We want to see it!!!

Thank you :santasmileyitty:

Now Tom, does anyone in Norman REALLY want to see my 6 foot OU?

Just don't leave it unattended. Someone might slip an "S" in the middle. That would be funny to see :giggle:. I'm a bedlamb guy. I like both teams. Just don't ask me who I choose when they play each other. I choose the winner of that game. "Go Oklahoma".

P.S.

Darren might have a 6 foot OSU to match.

Both would be cool to see.

Just don't leave it unattended. Someone might slip an "S" in the middle. That would be funny to see :giggle:. I'm a bedlamb guy. I like both teams. Just don't ask me who I choose when they play each other. I choose the winner of that game. "Go Oklahoma".

P.S.

Both would be cool to see.

Tom,

Interesting that you would wonder...Unfortunately, I didn't get this made for the Bedlam Game...But it was still COOL!

I had a lot of fun with the guys in the Texas forum with this...

This is my first video to get to over 10,000 hits. Not quite viral but the best I have ever done.

If he does I'd love to see it!

We actually support both teams except for at bedlam... and that's why I'm interested in seeing some Coro. We're going to build a OSU sign to be part of the show this year. Then we'll have a giveaway after the season ends.

But for those that are wondering, no it won't be 6 ft tall. I haven't mic'ed a logo out to make a blueprint yet, but it will probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of 18" by 36".