Anyone for a Iowa mini or get toghter

iowasantaclaus

When I talked with James in Davenport this season I mentioned the idea of a Iowa mini and he thought it was a good idea. Is there any intrest from anyone in Iowa or the surrounding states. If you are interested you can post here or private message me. We attended the one in St. Louis last year and it was a lot of fun. Plan on attending the Chicagoland mini and possibly the Wisc mini also this year.

Looks like a half dozen so far so lets get some thing rolling. Does anyone have a date in mind was thinking like a Sat. like 9-4? Maybe like the middle of May , first part of June? I can put it on here or if someone has a better idea I'm open to suggestions? Does anyone have a talent they would like to share/teach?

When I talked with James in Davenport this season I mentioned the idea of a Iowa mini and he thought it was a good idea. Is there any intrest from anyone in Iowa or the surrounding states. If you are interested you can post here or private message me. We attended the one in St. Louis last year and it was a lot of fun. Plan on attending the Chicagoland mini and possibly the Wisc mini also this year.

You know my vote. Any ideas what time of year?(edit) oops, I wrote this before reading any of the other posts.:P

P.S. I now have a couple of videos on my site. Check it out if you're interested.

http://vimeo.com/8644944 Amazing Grace

http://vimeo.com/8708742 Wizards in Winter

Later!

James

Edited by James Peachee

How would June the 5th work for everyone?

That's my birthday! Have some cake in my honor ;)

It also was thrown in about maybe a Aug or Sept. Kind of like the end of Sept. idea. We all are thinking Christmas, don't have to store info that long before you us it. This might work better. What does everyone think?

Having hosted/attended a few Mini's in October, it's a trade-off: Most of the information is too late to apply for that season (e.g. tips on new builds). But it does wonders for getting you "in the mood" for starting the display, which is usually one of my challenges. At that point I'm usally still trying to hang onto summer and not looking forward to the winter season... Kind of depends on your format: If it's mainly a "meet and greet" then the later format works OK. If it's mainly educational/classes it's probably better to have it during the summer.

That was useful information, thanks Tim! And happy birthday a little early!, I too have a June b-day. What could we do to get a website or information for where,ect. going? Many get some people who will teach some LOR or AL things and some tips for effective ways of hanging lights on a roof, siding , ect.? Just throwing out some ideas.

I really am leaning towards the month of June. What does everyone else think? What date would work best for you? Do you want me to run with it or does someone else want to be in charge of it? I'll do what ever you guys want. I just brought it up, I don't have to be the one in charge unless thats what you want. I will check into website. IowaSantaClaus PS thanks for info Tim. Hadn't thought about time frame to implement new stuff learned.

Still working on it. Ok everyone, since no one has stepped up and or objected to me planning it, I going to start planning this and run with it. I hope everyone in Iowa will attend this event and we can make it an annual event. So I should have some more info very soon so we can get it on our calendars. ICICLE 2010 here we come.

Edited by iowasantaclaus