I found where all Walmart's lights went!!

nutz4lights

One thing that might of happened was he works or know someone who works at a Walmart distribution center, those pallets looks like they are still case packs from the manufacturer. I have heard companies with excess merchandise in their DC's selling it to employees or auction houses to save from sending them to stores to be sold at deep discounts.

My company had to do this 2 years ago because we had 50 containers of items for the black friday sale got stuck on a ship that was 2 months late and did not arrive until christmas, they did not even unload the containers into the network they stayed at the DC's and if anyone was interested they could pay the cost for the entire container otherwise it was sold to an auction house.

I may be out of line here and/or not thinking straight...but why cant someone in our community or anyone in general do just as Paul or Travis do with Manufacturers? They sell high end LEDs and such. Why cant someone work with Holiday Time or some of these other manufacturers and buy 1/2 wave LEDs and sell them at a great price or even Regular Minis at a deep discount? You could buy mini's year round. I know in the past we could get Mini's at Big Box stores after Christmas or even the New Year for .50 cents a box or less...but those times may be a changing. Just thinking out loud. I know I am no the first to think about it.

Thanks

Edited by supermanbrandon

I may be out of line here and/or not thinking straight...but why cant someone in our community or anyone in general do just as Paul or Travis do with Manufacturers? They sell high end LEDs and such. Why cant someone work with Holiday Time or some of these other manufacturers and buy 1/2 wave LEDs and sell them at a great price or even Regular Minis at a deep discount? You could mini's year round. I know in the past we could get Mini's at Big Box stores after Christmas or even the New Year for .50 cents a box or less...but those times may be a changing. Just thinking out loud. I know I am no the first to think about it.

Thanks

I hear ya Brandon. I am working on it right now with trying to either do a group buy on Holiday Time lights or something of that nature. It is early in the process and I am not sure what the outcome will be.

I may be out of line here and/or not thinking straight...but why cant someone in our community or anyone in general do just as Paul or Travis do with Manufacturers? They sell high end LEDs and such. Why cant someone work with Holiday Time or some of these other manufacturers and buy 1/2 wave LEDs and sell them at a great price or even Regular Minis at a deep discount? You could buy mini's year round. I know in the past we could get Mini's at Big Box stores after Christmas or even the New Year for .50 cents a box or less...but those times may be a changing. Just thinking out loud. I know I am no the first to think about it.

Thanks

I think the general thought on Walmart, etc selling mini lights is that, even at $2.50 a box they are selling them at a loss... just to get you in the store to buy the overpriced other items in the Christmas section... at least that is what some have suggested around these forums in the past...

Hey, but he offers serious quantity discounts... like if you buy 2,000 sets, you get them for $2.50 a box! Oh wait, didn't Walmart charge $2.48 a box when they put them out on their shelves? And I don't remember having to buy 2,000 boxes to get that price ;)

Something is fishy here...

My Walmart charged $1.84 for there boxes of regular mini lights.

As my son and I were shoveling lights into shopping carts, the store manager stopped me at Hobby Lobby this year and reminded me that on the Day after christmas, everything was 50% off - Except for lights.. only 30% off. I asked why and he said that they sell their lights at cost. when they close them out at 30% off, they are taking a loss. Not sure I believe it, but he had no reason to tell me a lie when I was essentially buying everything they had.

I was not happy with the prices at 30% off, so I left them all there - sorted nicely by wire and bulb color... geez.

I used to own a home decor business and still have my vendors license so I called a few wholesale places last week but they were still cheaper to get them on sale at walmart. I know none are to be found this year but I am crossing my fingers there will be some to be had next year. If I find a wholesale place that seems reasonable I will post whatever I can come up with. It seems like most of us are looking for colored minis; I know that is what I need.