Thoughts of my play list for 2010

H2Opolo15

Believe - Josh Groban

Carol of Bells - August Burns Red

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - U2

Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Christmas Canon - TSO

He's a Pirate - Klaus Badelt (Upon request from my friends. It's only 1:30)

Let's Get Ready to Rumble - Jock Jams (Entry sequence 1:49)

A Mad Russian's Christmas - TSO

The Night Santa Went Crazy - Weird Al:giggle:

Nutroker - TSO (Very excited about this one)

Overture from Miracle On 34th Street - The Hit Crew

Star Wars Main Title - John Williams (1:25)

Step Into Christmas - Elton John

We Need A Little Christmas - Johnny Mathis (Upon request from my mom:giggle: )

Wizards In Winter - TSO

Well, I've nearly finalized it. Any thoughts? Additions, subtractions. I'm completely open to change still for a few more weeks! :santasmileyitty:

I would also love to hear everyone else's lists or what they have of them so far!

Happy Sequencing!!

Edited by H2Opolo15

Back to the OP question (with Devo playing in my head)...

Looks like a good list of songs...A Long list, though...That's a lot of sequencing, but if you're up for it, it should be great.

Not sure I've heard the Tom Petty song, I'll have to look that one up...

it is a good list and songs that are not inherently difficult to sequence (asside from the U2 song) all of these carry good solid beats

I've sequenced about half of your selections and NotRocker is a fun one all the way through.

I haven't even sat down to hammer out my list for next year yet, but hoping to do some completely new songs and take my 08/09 stuff out of the show.

I really want to do a mixed song with some Van Halen and NutRocker

it is a good list and songs that are not inherently difficult to sequence (asside from the U2 song) all of these carry good solid beats

I've sequenced about half of your selections and NotRocker is a fun one all the way through.

I haven't even sat down to hammer out my list for next year yet, but hoping to do some completely new songs and take my 08/09 stuff out of the show.

I really want to do a mixed song with some Van Halen and NutRocker

Thanks!:santasmileyitty: I would really like to hear that Van Halen, NutRocker mix as well once you're finished! Haha

• 1 month later...

There is a Pirate sequence per done that you could rework to fit your display. Of course there are more channels in the sequence, but if you plan to add more channels this year this sequence might help save some time.

http://www.xmas.planetmonkman.com/LOR/Sequences/xmas/08%20Pirates.ZIP

Your mom's request is a good request because you can reach various age levels with that song.

1 last thought for you to consider is to add some children songs in that list. Again, Christmas is for all ages and I think 4 children sequences would be a help.

A few suggestions to think about.

I took a huge plunge last year and did themed nights (here's the thread: http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=32743) and the total song list was 52 long. I broke it down into manageable chunks so it was much easier to complete, but it was a chore!

One note- I see in your signature that you're running 16 channels and 4000 lights. Are you thinking of expanding this year? If so, wait until your final channel configuration is laid out and then start planning your sequences (not saying that your shouldn't pick songs yet- that's always a good idea as early as possible). Nothing is worse than having a bunch of sequences done and then you decide to add a bunch of new stuff; it's like starting all over.

Overall a very good list. Good luck!

One note- I see in your signature that you're running 16 channels and 4000 lights. Are you thinking of expanding this year? If so, wait until your final channel configuration is laid out and then start planning your sequences (not saying that your shouldn't pick songs yet- that's always a good idea as early as possible). Nothing is worse than having a bunch of sequences done and then you decide to add a bunch of new stuff; it's like starting all over.

Overall a very good list. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I actually just ordered quite a few more lights for the upcoming season. Nearly 12000 to be exact haha:giggle: so I will have a grand total of about 16000 lights for next year and I am planning on purchasing another controller to up my list to 32 channels. Those are going to be my huge investments this year.

Thanks for the advice and I am going to check out your song list right now..

A nice song that I would like to incorporate is Judy's "House on Christmas Street."

You might also add some Rick Cheese - Here's a video of "Baby's got Back" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCv2cgIlnHA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac8v9OT8RsQ&feature=related

I was going to do a theme show with Elvis songs with the animated Santa you can get from wow lights and call it "Santa does Elvis". I am not sure I will do it now because most Elvis Christmas songs are slow and really don't offer a lot for a good show. Think I will stay with the up beat music for my first year.

I was going to do a theme show with Elvis songs with the animated Santa you can get from wow lights and call it "Santa does Elvis". I am not sure I will do it now because most Elvis Christmas songs are slow and really don't offer a lot for a good show. Think I will stay with the up beat music for my first year.
Some one around here actually did that just this past year - and did a really good job at it too. It was called Elf-vis. I'll see if I can find a think. You just need some crazy imagination (which I don't have) to pull it off.

EDIT: Here they are (not all song by Elvis though-very good though)

http://vimeo.com/7881262

Edited by B_Regal78

Some one around here actually did that just this past year - and did a really good job at it too. It was called Elf-vis. I'll see if I can find a think. You just need some crazy imagination (which I don't have) to pull it off.

I am not surprised. My ideas are never original. I am always a day late and a dollar short. I will try it anyway. Thanks for the video It will help me with ideas.

I looked at the videos. WOW. I would never be able to do one that good. I wonder where he go that video of the animated Elvis? That took some real work to do that.