How to secure three legged mini tree?

Chris A

wow, looks like you need four legs!

Have you tried to remove the legs? If that was possible, then you could build four legs out of wood,

or

You could remove the legs and push it in the ground and use tie-down ropes or some form of guy wires?

or

after removing the legs, use a heavy stake, put it in the ground and cable tie the center of the tree to the stake.

Those are my ideas.

I have some similare, but the wire center of the tree pokes into a hollow metal stake, and they stay in the ground good that way.

Assuming its a shaft on the tree....I'd get a piece of metal pipe or PVC if you live in a warmer climate that just fits the tree shaft and hammer that into the ground. Slip the tree into the pipe and no more blowing over.

The one plus with PVC if you can get away with it s that you run a screw through the side of the PVC and up against the tree shaft. It will for the most part lock the tree into the PVC.

that little base that comes with the little trees just isn't quite enough for a tree loaded with lights and set out in the yard.

you may be able to get away with picking up some lengths of 3/16" thick wire and bending into a "U" shape that you could then brace down each leg with to keep it from toppling over

I have 8 of these trees and I used stakes on all three legs and they still blew over. What is a better method?

Thanks

I have 30 of these and faced the same problem. I removed the little legs on all of them. Then a 2 foot rebar in the ground. Slipped tree over between wires and then into the ground.

http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2009/BobO2009ReflectionsOfEarth.wmv

Hi Chris...

I have 28 treees like yours, some are 2' and some are 3'. I use coat hangers about 7" long on each leg. I have been doing this for the past 6 years and have never hed one blown over.I stake them down with contrasting angles.

Bob

Same here... I have also ran some fishing line down to a coat hanger stake.

that little base that comes with the little trees just isn't quite enough for a tree loaded with lights and set out in the yard.

you may be able to get away with picking up some lengths of 3/16" thick wire and bending into a "U" shape that you could then brace down each leg with to keep it from toppling over

Philip,

I was really hoping you were going to take me down the North pole V2 path. I was looking forward to mixing some concrete and rebar to keep these down. Looks like it may be more simple than that.

Ideally I would like something I put out strap it down and remove at the end of the season. I thought about sticking rebar up through the middle and zip tying it but I was concerned about messing up the branches.

It looks like the cosensus is just using a longer stake.

Here is what I used last year and the stand removed is about 2"

Thanks everyone.

Chris