5mm or M6 in Orange County CA?

I'm a newbie to the forum deciding between 5mm and m6 [probably 1500 lights] for my outdoor tree but I've never seen 5mm and I've seen m6 only in the hardware store.

Responses to my post "5mm or m6" in "Newbies" did not produce a consensus as to which would be better, so maybe I can see some before deciding.

Anyone in or near Orange County CA have some 5mm and/or m6 that I could see lighted in order to decide which type to use? CDI presale clock is ticking.

Thanks,

Don't know if this will help. In my video's the 5mm are on the minitrees and megatree. The c6's are on the tall bushes against the house. The 5mm on the minitrees look brighter because they are basically facing the street. On the megatree, some are facing away as there is no way to aim them so it looks like there are gaps in the megatree strands. Next year I may reverse the c6's in the bushes with the 5mm in the megatree because of that. http://www.vimeo.com/8257242

The mega tree is C6 the arches are m5. The mini trees are also m5. If I knew how to take pictures it might be clearer. It would be better to compare a strand of c6 to a strand of m5. It's really an individual preference.

Chris

I'm a newbie to the forum deciding between 5mm and m6 [probably 1500 lights] for my outdoor tree but I've never seen 5mm and I've seen m6 only in the hardware store.

Responses to my post "5mm or m6" in "Newbies" did not produce a consensus as to which would be better, so maybe I can see some before deciding.

Anyone in or near Orange County CA have some 5mm and/or m6 that I could see lighted in order to decide which type to use? CDI presale clock is ticking.

Thanks,

Welcome to PC, I live a few miles from you & have a few sets of the 5mm LEDs. I can drop a set off this weekend if you need to check them out.

Mike

Thanks, Chris, but I'm deciding between 5mm and <i>M6</i>, not C6, for next year, to replace incandescent mini-lights wrapped around the branches of my Olive tree .

I already had c6 strings on the eaves this year.

Edited by brucet9

Thanks, Chris, but I'm deciding between 5mm and M6, not C6, for next year, to replace incandescent mini-lights wrapped around the branches of my Olive tree .

I already had c6 strings on the eaves this year.

Ok how about this. On the balcony all colors are 1/2 wave led m5, but the white is m6. Same number of strands. It was hard for me to tell them apart.

Chris

Oops, My bad. I meant that last for Keitha. I'm not sure on this forum format how one tells whom a response is meant for.

So both m5 and m6 are similar in size and shape to incandescent mini lights? What's the difference? And please don't say m1 :)

Thanks

Oops, My bad. I meant that last for Keitha. I'm not sure on this forum format how one tells whom a response is meant for.

So both m5 and m6 are similar in size and shape to incandescent mini lights? What's the difference? And please don't say m1 :)

Thanks

Go to this thread, we posted some examples.

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=39321

If you want to reply to someones post just hit the quote button at the bottom of thier post.

Thanks

No problem I misread your first post so we are even. I took some comparison pictures but Chuck and others beat me to it. Here is a picture of them lighted.