Display Yard Sign

apes4mopar

Here is overlay sticker that I had made at a local sign shop - it is simply a large sticker that I attached to coroplast and placed inside one of those metal "For sale" realtor signs. Next year, all I have to do is get the sign shop to print me the dates for the current years show and I will place over the last years dates. I also use coro for the tune to sign - hope that the channel doesn't change, but you never know.

Since this will be my first year with using an FM Transmitter and using LOR, I'm just now working on ideas and sample prints from my printer that will be LAMINATED to weatherproof them and then use either White L.E.D.'s to light it up or possibly a few C7 night light bulbs around it (backlit).

Still working on the text, background photo/images (if I decide to use any) and building my own little wooden, lighted display box for it. Thinking backlit with the C7's or front lit using the White L.E.D.'s facing the sign.

Like said, still using my graphics software to see what I can come up with and how it looks lit by both methods above.

Once I get it all down, I'll post a photo of what I come up with.

Edited by csx5861

Well mine is an LED scrolling sign that I picked up on eBay. It's 40" wide by 11" tall. I built a case for it with an acrylic front plate to protext it from the weather.

I use it to give out my frequency, show times, and info about the show during the show as well as other info on off hours.

I would like to get a newer one that is a little bigger for next year that can display video as well as text and do some different things with it durng the show as well as during the daytime.

post-8660-129571189749_thumb.jpg

Well mine is an LED scrolling sign that I picked up on eBay. It's 40" wide by 11" tall. I built a case for it with an acrylic front plate to protext it from the weather.

I use it to give out my frequency, show times, and info about the show during the show as well as other info on off hours.

I would like to get a newer one that is a little bigger for next year that can display video as well as text and do some different things with it durng the show as well as during the daytime.

I actually have one of those L.E.D. Multi-Color - older, smaller, more rectangular type scrolling signs too, but was told to never use it outdoors, even in an enclosure.

Otherwise, I probably would have done something similar to what you're doing with yours. But I don't want to take the chance, so I'll keep working on a more static, but graphical sign for my set up. At least this way I can also use one channel to dim the sign during the show and bring it back up between sequences like I've seen others do with spot/floodlights hitting their static signs.

Now I could hang my L.E.D. scroller in the living room window. but I'm kind of afraid it would actually be more of a distraction in an animated display setting as opposed to helping give out info about the display.

BTW: My sign idea construction will be for a 4 sided box mounted on some type of fixture, this would be with the signs displayed on 3 sides, one for each direction of the street (for drivers) and one that faces directly forward (mainly for asthetics), the back would be closed off and the C7 lights mounted behind the signs to illuminate them from the back is my current idea, nothing definitely constructed or implemented as yet. Still deciding on what route I'm going to take with this particular project for my yard sign. Also considering adding either remote speakers or a cheapo radio with low-volume in there for walkers to hear the music from the FM transmitter as well. Still thinking on this....

Edited by csx5861

This is mine I had it done at the flea market by a sign maker. Size is 2' x 4' both sides for $35.00 +tax.

Earle

Earl, did they also make the sign holder or did you create the holder for your sign yourself?

Nice sign and I love the Candy Cane striped sign holder too.