Is there going to be a 2010 SLAM or was this an every other year thing. Can't remember, we had a great time last year.

I don't know for sure but I've been talking to the folks who organized the last one and it sounds like there will be another this year in late April or early May.

Scott

I hope to attend one somewhere, We have just accomplished our first animated display,and the first for our town with LOR, around 20k lights. Great response from media and everyone in and around our town for that matter.

New to the planet, been learning from some of you guys by just listening, thought I would jump in and introduce myself. We are about 90 miles south of Kansas City MO, and about 90 Miles North of Springfield MO, Hello from Clinton MO!

Jim Houk

I hope to attend one somewhere.

New to the planet, been learning from some of you guys by just listening, thought I would jump in and introduce myself. We are about 90 miles south of Kansas City MO, and about 90 Miles North of Springfield MO, Hello from Clinton MO!

Jim Houk

Jim, welcome to PC. You've come to the right place to learn and share all there is to know about animated lights displays.

Since you are new to PC, and to jump onto the MO forum, we held a Mini-PLUS in KC last year (HAM-PLUS) and are considering holding another this year. Several people from MO attended, so check the KS forum from time-to-time for any announcements.

Also, I'm on here to learn if there will be a SLAM, as I might attend to meet some of the people that put up displays I visited in the St. Louis area at the end of December. I highly recommend attending a mini, no matter where it is, to really get a jump on this year's display.

Enjoy the hobby.

Tim,

you old dog! I didn't know you where near by, would have invited you to stop by. Jim, I attended both the SLAM and HAM last year. It was my first year and both presentations were great and loaded with information for both the beginner and the veteran. I highly recommend both minis.

BTW welcome to the addiction..

Tim,

you old dog! I didn't know you where near by, would have invited you to stop by. Jim, I attended both the SLAM and HAM last year. It was my first year and both presentations were great and loaded with information for both the beginner and the veteran. I highly recommend both minis.

Thanks Paul for the invite. It was a pretty quick turnaround in St. Louis. Drove down one day, saw three displays that night, visited more displays during the next day, three more displays that night, and then back to KC. But will see about working in a visit to you on another trip. Would like to see your display.

Didn't miss much this year, seeing that it is my first year. Didn't even have 5000 lights. Hope to be knocking on the 10K door this year. Maybe I will see you sooner if I can make your HAM fest this year. Till then take care of you and yours.

Bob, Chuck and Mira,

Seen something that points to an late afternoon into mid evening meeting possibility. So, looks like if this happens we will be there for dinner instead of lunch like last year. Julie has already said that she would be willing to make brownies for all. And if I may, I will brag that she makes a mean brownie that she has never had any left over to bring back home and she has been known to make double and triple batches, depending on the size of the gathering. Maybe this time we ought to brown bag it? Was great that the one guy was able to get all of those subs last time. But we ought not hope for the same again this year.

BTW this reminds me. Has anyone seen Ben? The guy wins a controller and then falls off the face of the planet.

BTW this reminds me. Has anyone seen Ben? The guy wins a controller and then falls off the face of the planet.

Good question. Last I heard, he had just sold his place and was moving. That was early September. I highly doubt that he had time to do a display at his new location given that timeframe.

I still have his card somewhere - just gotta dig it up. I had planned to contact him about SLAM 2010 anyway since it doesn't look like he's been on the boards much.

Scott

AHHHH

Well, it sounds like SLAM is now out for me. The family vacation states the 2nd. We are headed to Colorado, and I got shot down for driving East and then West. I can't say I blame her. I hope to see some of you at HAM, or at least I SURE HOPE for a HAM10.

Have fun, and I look forward to pics.

Kent

For all you SLAMers that may also want to come over to the east side of MO, a poll to select a date for HAM-PLUS is currently posted. Please check it out and if you can make it, vote for the date that works best for you. We're looking for another great turnout.

Looking forward to learning more about this year's SLAM.