Anybody use LED spots from Lowes, Home Depot or Walmart

If you are talking about the household style Phillps brand.... They are built really nice, they just are not as bright as the EarthLED brand we carry.

Saw some there the other day and was wondering if anybody had any comments about them positive or negative.
Guest Bob_Moody

I used the Phillips colored CF floods to uplight my tree. I used the metal, water proof, electrial stakes and was VERY happy with them. Even when my yard went under water from the torential rains we had, they never leaked a drop. They were a lot brighter than the Walgreens brand CFL's I had that seeped water into the housing.

I also used the CF spot to light up my yard art and it was great. It didnt overpower the rest of the display.

I used an LED Spot and the only problems I had were that it seemed to be a little slower in reacting that a regular spot. I did not want to go back and change all my programming to turn it on eariler so after a while I replaced it. Also it did not generate enough heat to melt the snow and I had to keep shoveling it out, where the normal spots clear the snow. I moved the LED spot to my TUNE TO sign.

- Michael

I used the Single Luxeon style spot for my "Tune To" sign in a standard flood enclosure. Held up great. I had to position the shadow of the sign over the neighbors window it was so bright. My guess would be about a 40'-50' falloff.