Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
krusaders

Charlie Brown Christmas tree

CJ, I didn't see that one anywhere in my area, not a big Peanuts Collector, but would have gotten that one at 6ft tall, not 3ft. I'll ley you know if I see it

I wonder which motor is on it....ebay guy will not respond...And it does not have any detail about it...Someone has got to have seen it in a store....Have not seen it in our area....

CJ, I didn't see that one anywhere in my area, not a big Peanuts Collector, but would have gotten that one at 6ft tall, not 3ft. I'll ley you know if I see it

Thanks I would like to add it to the collection...I hate it's small but that one inflatable shows what the cartoon is really about real good....

Edited by krusaders

Anyone else think that looks more like Kenny? ;)

That is funny....Gemmy has made the tree....I got one of them but the inflatable would be cool also...

CJ Considering that Gemmy normally does not include spanish on their packaging... Im going to guess that it is for puerto rico or other latin area. Contact Gemmy... tell them you are not only an Airblown customer but you are the Airblown Club President and you wanna know where to get one. ;)

Gemmy knows who I am. I have been to HQ in Dallas and talk with them a lot by phone and email.....

I did buy this off ebay. Will make pics when I get it. It will go in the collection.

Edited by krusaders

CJ Considering that Gemmy normally does not include spanish on their packaging... Im going to guess that it is for puerto rico or other latin area. Contact Gemmy... tell them you are not only an Airblown customer but you are the Airblown Club President and you wanna know where to get one. ;)

I live in PR and never saw that one on any local retail store....BTW CJ a great inflatable to have...

Does anyone know which store carried this one this year?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peanuts-Charlie-Brown-Light-Up-Airblown-Inflatable-NIB_W0QQitemZ350305995577QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518fdd4b39

It needs to be a 6' one...still a cool inflatable....

Pretty certain I saw that in a local Wal-Greens near my house during the 2009 Christmas season. As far as I know it was not a Gemmy item, but by another manufacturer. I don't even recall seeing that on gemmy's site and I watch their site every year just to see what new stuff they may come out with. Never saw that Charlie Brown, Linus and the CB Tree on their site. And I also have never seen a Gemmy product with Spanish writing outside the box. At least not a one of the Gemmy items I own has any Spanish writing anywhere on the outside of the boxes.

If I'm not wrong the only inflatables boxes that have the word Airblown Inflatable are Gemmy products...and if you look very careful at the bottom of that box it says "Airblown Inflatable" also all the inflatable boxes that came this last season to PR have spanish words...just my 2 cents...;)

post-5262-129571193432_thumb.jpg

Edited by tonyinflatable

If I'm not wrong the only inflatables boxes that have the word Airblown Inflatable are Gemmy products...and if you look very careful at the bottom of that box it says "Airblown Inflatable" also all the inflatable boxes that came this last season to PR have spanish words...just my 2 cents...;)

Hello Tony...

You are correct... The Term "Airblown" is Gemmy's Trademark... and it is rare that I've seen it without being as part of the logo we are all familiar with. I have seen other sites and manufacturers who offer "Airblown" inflatables and they are not Gemmy products and no affiliation to Gemmy.

The packaging looks different... not the nice quality box, design, etc that Gemmy is known for. Even when they design exclusives... the boxes look very nice and appealing. Especially for a license pieces. If Gemmy did stray from their traditional logo... I find it odd that Peanuts would stray form their's too. If anyone has other Peanuts items... their logo is the same or very similar on those items right? So I think it would be wierd for 2 companies to stray from their branding.

I could be wrong though. I know I bought my niece a snoopy christmas item this year and it too had the traditional Peanuts branding.

Is there a UPC Code on the box? What is the full 12 digit number (including the 2 outter smaller numbers) . Thats how we will be able to tell who manufacturered it.

Tim

Edited by BuyInflatables.com

HI Tim....you have a point, but I guess that you didn't know that Gemmy change the Peanuts artwork from their boxes from the last 2 years...here is the box from Sears Snoopy dog house from 2008. It's the same artwork and the bottom of the box says Airblown Inflatable, like the 3ft Peanuts inflatable....so Gemmy it is...:)

The snoopy airplane box that you have is from 2007 - 2006, not from 2008 - 2009, Sears sold the airplane in 2008 with the new artwork and Kmart sold it this year and the box artwork is the same at the Snoopy doghouse from below. Also the 1st batch of the airplane inflatable have the fan on the side and not like the new ones that have it at the bottom of the inflatable..:D

post-5262-129571193464_thumb.jpg

Hello Tony...

You are correct... The Term "Airblown" is Gemmy's Trademark... and it is rare that I've seen it without being as part of the logo we are all familiar with. I have seen other sites and manufacturers who offer "Airblown" inflatables and they are not Gemmy products and no affiliation to Gemmy.

The packaging looks different... not the nice quality box, design, etc that Gemmy is known for. Even when they design exclusives... the boxes look very nice and appealing. Especially for a license pieces. If Gemmy did stray from their traditional logo... I find it odd that Peanuts would stray form their's too. If anyone has other Peanuts items... their logo is the same or very similar on those items right? So I think it would be wierd for 2 companies to stray from their branding.

I could be wrong though. I know I bought my niece a snoopy christmas item this year and it too had the traditional Peanuts branding.

Is there a UPC Code on the box? What is the full 12 digit number (including the 2 outter smaller numbers) . Thats how we will be able to tell who manufacturered it.

Tim

Maybe because of all the bad "airblowns" that have developed holes in them just by basic useage and the crappy non-support of their customer base when someone has a complaint, Gemmy redesigned it so you have no idea who made it until you open the box and get a surprise in the instruction sheet. So basically they've sort of "gone into hiding" by removing their name, branding and logo from the outside of the "airblown" boxes.

Now I'm just speculating here, because I have several Gemmy items (not airblowns) bought through Wal-Mart and they don't have the Gemmy name, brand or logo anywhere on the outside of their boxes either, I bought the 5' Undertaker Animated Singing/Dancing Skeleton in October 2004 and the 5' Pirate Animated Singing/Dancing Skeleton in October 2005. I also bought a 5' Animated Singing/Dancing Santa Claus in November 2003 and the outside of the box states "Holiday Time", but the internal instruction pamphlet referenced Gemmy for returns, customer support or issues with him.

Unfortunately I think Santa broke his hip in 2008, as that is when he stopped his dancing, he still sings, just doesn't dance any longer. Also the two skeletons are still working at 100%, only the undertaker is a little shorter than 5' now, seems he won't stay fully up as he once did, so now he slouches about 1"-2" lower than when new, but he's still going strong despite his "shrinkage".:giggle:

I know these 3 items are Gemmy because that is where I saw them initially on their website, and then I started looking for them in the local retailers and found them at Wal-Mart.

I don't know to many companys that has the license to make a Peanuts inflatable....That was the first thing and the second like Tony said the art work is the same from the other inflatables that Lowes and Sears carried of the Peanuts....That is a sure thing it is Gemmy and of course the word "Airblowns" trademark of Gemmy on the box is the last dead give a way....To many lawsuits for some one to copy all of that...LOL

It's on the way I'm making pics when it gets in... As a collector I try to get all the Peanuts inflatables in the display... Charlie Brown Christmas show is one of America's Loved and watched programs still today...you just can't beat it....That is why you find people making wood cut outs and coroplast of the characters and anything else they can put their hands on of the show......

Maybe because of all the bad "airblowns" that have developed holes in them just by basic useage and the crappy non-support of their customer base when someone has a complaint

Gemmy doesn't sale to you...they sale to the retail stores like walmart etc.

Say I want a hat...you go to Gemmy and say I'm buying 24 hats to sale at my store. So you buy the hats and I come into your store and buy a hat....take it home and find a hole in my hat... Do I go to Gemmy and complain about the hat....no I take it back to you who sold me the hat. Then you take it to Gemmy...That is how the business works....

go to youtube and look up roy mercer bird dog....that is what it sounds like...LOL

Edited by krusaders

Say I want a hat...you go to Gemmy and say I'm buying 24 hats to sale at my store. So you buy the hats and I come into your store and buy a hat....take it home and find a hole in my hat... Do I go to Gemmy and complain about the hat....no I take it back to you who sold me the hat. Then you take it to Gemmy...That is how the business works.

CJ, that's NOT how business works. Maybe it works like that when you buy a $5 - $10 hat with no warranty, no quality assurance, no instruction sheets that says for Questions about your product please call... 1-800...etc. And you take it home to find out there is something wrong with it. Yes you put it to the side in a bag with the receipt and when you go back you bring it along for an exchange.

However, and this is not meant to bash any one manufacturer, but, when you buy an appliance or other item be it a decoration or otherwise that supposedly comes with a warranty from the manufacturer... also known as a Manufacturer's Warranty, in most cases any warranty claims can and should be made with the manufacturer and they will make it right. It is NOT up to the retailer to take a loss on the item to make it right. It is their option. Some manufacturers claim to offer a warranty... but then put the burden of cost of making things right on the retailers and the customers themselves, which is not fair to the retailer or the end using customer.

After all, its the manufacturer who made the product with the defect right?... so why should the liability of cost to make it right be the responsibility of the retailer and/or you as the end user? It should not. Its not your fault or the retailer's fault the item is defective.

And if an end user customer reaches out to a manufacturer, if in fact the manufacturer suggests by way of printed instructions, why would a manufacturer not want to help them? Is that not absurd? Ask end users to call you for customer support then redirect them to a website to fill out a form and then reply in most cases weeks later? and when you reply you tell them you cant do anything for them that they have to return the item to the store? So what good is the "Customer Support"?

I bought 5 GE Products last year when re-doing my Kitchen. 2 of the 5 were defective. On the instructions sheets it says, before returning this product to the store, please call customer support for assistance. Do you know what happened when I called? I got a live person who took the time to look up my items and the parts needed and sent them to me! OMG Can you imagine that!!! They did not tell me to pack them up and bring it back to the retailer. They offered and provided customer support. How odd! LOL

That's exactly how business should be done. It should not be up to the retailer or the customer to burden any cost to make good on something manufactured defective.

Rather then give customers a run-around and say we cant do anything, bring it back to the store... why not bite the bullet and stand behind the defective product you manufactured and send out a replacement item or at the very least a replacement parts so the customer can help themselves? Doesn't that make sense?

Warranty aside... if you dont want to deal with the end user... why post your toll free numbers on the instruction sheet inviting people to call? And when they do call they are refered to a website form and they can wait up to 8 weeks for a reply? And then when that reply comes it tells them to return it to the store??? okay, if thats how they do business...

1. What if the store was an online store and it now costs the customer money to return it and/or it cost the retailer money to replace it?

2. What if it was a local store and they are now sold out of the item now that it is 4, 6 or even 8 weeks later when the manufacturer tells them to bring it back?

As a not so perfect BUSINESS MAN... but someone who owns several online and brick and mortar businesses... with several Million in sales a year... I know that THIS IS NOT HOW BUSINESS SHOULD BE DONE.

I would agree with LOR-CF in saying that not honoring a warranty or not standing behind your manufactured product is nothing less then non-support of ones customer base. Regardless if the actual customer is a large retailer like Wal-Mart, a small retailer or if it is the end user customer. They ALL are the manufacturer's customers. And if you did not gear your customer service to end users, why is it that the Customer Support's contact information is printed on the instructions sheets asking you to "PLEASE CALL"?

I dont know, but to me it just does not make sense.

Now with all that aside CJ... just wondering...

did you place a call to Gemmy yet to find out where this item was placed?

Im curious to know.

Now with all that aside CJ... just wondering...

did you place a call to Gemmy yet to find out where this item was placed?

Im curious to know.

hey Tim...I talked to Leo from Gemmy yesterday. But I didn't bring this up in the phone call....we talked about this years inflatable market and other things about the club...but I will get back with him on this...

Now lets remember now that you are making your own that when things go wrong you want have to fall back on Gemmy....You know and people here know when something is made in China that it is not 100% perfect and you will have problems with it...I don't care if it is inflatables, lights or whatever....Made in China... So when things go wrong don't hang up on no one...LOL

NOW back to the subject...so if I go to Walmart and buy not a hat but a 42" HDTV RCA TV and plug it up and it don't work I'm going to find RCA and Mail this TV back to them...No I'm taking it back where I bought it WALMART....and so will everyone else....WALMART takes it and gets with RCA for the refund. Please everyone knows this... That is between Walmart and RCA... And so with Gemmy....Walmart has agreement with them when they buy from them...Customer, Walmart, then to Gemmy....and etc. with the other stores..

Business 101...

1. What if the store was an online store and it now costs the customer money to return it and/or it cost the retailer money to replace it? That is between you and the company....online sorry that is part of the beast....so did you bit the bullet.. when someone called you did you never got it back to Gemmy? did you eat all the returns....

2. What if it was a local store and they are now sold out of the item now that it is 4, 6 or even 8 weeks later when the manufacturer tells them to bring it back? Get your money back...that is what everyone does..

As a not so perfect BUSINESS MAN... but someone who owns several online and brick and mortar businesses... with several Million in sales a year... I know that THIS IS NOT HOW BUSINESS SHOULD BE DONE. you are right but that is the way it is....

Edited by krusaders

I agree, if defective "right out of the box", yes, it goes back to the retailer. BUT, in the case of electronics and other like items, their is a LIMITED RETURN POLICY, even at Wal-Mart and that is 14 days, 30 days on other items and some are even as low as 7 days. So if the product shows any sign of a defect AFTER the in-store dated receipt permitted returns, then you have to go through the manufacturer direct via their provided information. And if they tell you to take it back to the store (after the season has ended) or the in-store warranty period has expired, guess what, that company just royally took you to the cleaners and gave you NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT and now you're out because the store won't take it back, the support is giving you the run-around (it happens, it happened to me with Gemmy too and why I no longer buy anything with the Gemmy name unless I get a really sweet deal). Anyway, now you're trying to get an item replaced that may be out of stock, no longer made or will be made again and the company doesn't honor their own written warranty to make it good.

So in that repsect Tim is absolutely correct, there are some manufactrurers out there that have such bad customer support and service it's downright sickening!

And believe me, I have watched Wal-Mart REFUSE to take back merchandise, despite what some folks think, Wal-Mart doesn't alway accept returns under certain provisions.

And believe me, I have watched Wal-Mart REFUSE to take back merchandise, despite what some folks think, Wal-Mart doesn't alway accept returns under certain provisions.

I agree, when you take back so many times at walmart (its a curtain number of times) they will refuse to do so in a 6 months period...that is how they track a person...they use your ss # everytime you bring something back....so watch out for that...

but like in above post...that is business and policys and the beast....

Edited by krusaders

CJ,

The Hang Up issue has been address and the person with the issue CLOSED THE THREAD and all is well. If you had something to say regarding that... you should have replied to the post before it was closed... as I know you read it a few times. So leave that alone as it is history and resolved amicably. Thanks. Now...

In regards to the rest of your reply... Lets be realistic shall we?

1 You are going by extremes... a $5 hat and $800 over-sized shipping TV. Sure it does not make sense to ship either one out to manufacturer for a replacement. Deal with the question or concern at had... we are talking about a $40 - $50 holiday decoration item that is easy to replace and ship. I know I have replaced probably many many of them.

2. Most Importantly.. Manufacturer's should stand behind the products they produce PERIOD. It should not matter where they were made China, US or in my bathtub like Amway products. LOL. Our inflatables are made in China too... SO WHAT? As a manufacturer I stand behind the product... and I can control the quality to limit defects... and I never been to China.

The manufacturer is at fault for producing faulty or defective merchandise, they should burden the cost if the issue is brought to their attention for what ever reason. Regardless if walmart or even myself is will to take the item back... that is not the point. If the issue with their product is brought to them, they should do what they can to remedy the situation.

If a manufacturer posts a number on their documentation and say PLEASE CALL if you have a problem or questions. Then they should stand by that statement and answer the calls in a reasonable time frame and make good on any claims and offer help to the customer. Simple as that. Is that unreasonable?

Otherwise dont put any contact information there... and then you are right... the customer has no choice but to bring the item back to the store.

3. Yes Walmart and many other retailers will take back an item.. But with your TV Example... if you call RCA with a problem with your TV... you will get a live person.. and they will refer you to a service center or have someone come and take care of the issue right? You dont have to take the item back... that is an OPTION if you should so choose. However... with some manufacturers... it is a requirement even though they claim or did claim to offer Quality Assurance and a Manufacturer's Warranty... and plead with people to call them prior to taking the item back to the store? Why should you call them before you take it to the store to wait weeks on end.. only to be told to take it back anyway? How does that make any sense?

4. The bottom line is this... If walmart or any retailer of holiday decorations can replace an item for a customer after the customer calls or returns the item... why cant the customer get the same resolve if and / or when they contact or send the item back to the manufacturer if that manufacturer stands behind their product? Why is it that after the stores return policy, they some manufacturers still do not stand behind their product? Bringing back to the store should remain an OPTION and in compliance with the retailers policies... it should not be manditory and the only choice of resolve.

Now... Why is it the retailer like myself or walmart will willfully take things back... but the people who made the defective merchandise refuse to? I will tell you why...

First and foremost... To keep the customer happy!!!! So why would a manufacturer who pleads with customers in writing to call them for help do not offer help to keep customers happy? Why just give them a run around only furstrating customers? Good question huh?

Second... And this stands true for walmart and mabe some other large retailers... Wal-mart loses very little if anything when you bring an item back to them. Walmart makes most vendors take back everything that walmart returns for full credit... regardless of condition or time frame that it is returned. So walmart can only gain from offering the ability to return something. But like LOR said... I too have seen them to refuse taking back some items. What then? if the retailer doesnt take the item back and the manufacturer could care less and tells you that all you can do is return it... You frustrate people... people who buy your brand. And the more you frustrate them.. the more they will look the otherway when it comes to buying your products. Just like LOR.

Asking a consumer to call for help and then giving them a run around rather then standing behind a product is not good customer service no matter who the manufacturer or what the product is.

END OF STORY.

Two side to every coin.....I had a channel go bad this year on a new LOR board...called Dan and Dan send another one out and this one got ship back to him....Dan makes the boards no middle man or store....That is what Walmart is the middle man...

And in reallity People will take it back to the store not call the company that made it and wait for a repair man or part...please....

END OF STORY...LOL

Dan is the manufacturer who cares and stands behind his product!! Way to go Dan. If you bought the item through a dealer, and you reached out to Dan... do you think he would have waited weeks to only tell you to return it to the dealer? NO. He would have did exactly what he did and take care of the issue promptly.

So yes... end of story because you just provided the perfect example of Good manufacturer customer service!!! So you DO know the difference.

LOL

Whew i was worried there.

Hopefully you find the item and where it comes from. :)

TIM

Dan is the manufacturer who cares and stands behind his product!! Way to go Dan. If you bought the item through a dealer, and you reached out to Dan... do you think he would have waited weeks to only tell you to return it to the dealer? NO. He would have did exactly what he did and take care of the issue promptly.

So yes... end of story because you just provided the perfect example of Good manufacturer customer service!!! So you DO know the difference.

LOL

Whew i was worried there.

Hopefully you find the item and where it comes from. :)

TIM

A,B,C,again you missed it. I bought the board from Dan. Not walmart. If I bought from walmart it would go to walmart. Wow can anyone get this. LOL