Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
krusaders

Charlie Brown Christmas tree

I'm not sure what we're arguing about here, but I don't think it's the Peanuts inflatable that this threads about! :)

I'm not sure what we're arguing about here, but I don't think it's the Peanuts inflatable that this threads about! :)

Your right. Someone got off the subject. LOL. Good question. Who all has licence to carry Peanuts inflatables?

I agree...Its getting very sad in this section of the forum!

I might not be a moderator or Administrator but we need to stop all this drama already!

Now...back to inflatable talk with me....lol

I agree...Its getting very sad in this section of the forum!

I might not be a moderator or Administrator but we need to stop all this drama already!

Now...back to inflatable talk with me....lol

No drama. Someone just got off subject.

If you re-read all the posts... Post #14 - LOR-CF made a post regarding his opinion of why Gemmy may have changed packaging... and part of his post was quoted and replied to in Post #16 by Krusader, which is the first post not related to the topic... but in Gemmys defense regarding returns or customer service. So that someone who went off topic is none other then you Krusader. Being that you started this post and were the one to take it off topic ... I thought it was okay to reply. I was wrong.

Im sorry for following your lead. I should have known better.

Like I said I hope you find the Peanutes inflatable,

and let us know where you find it. ;)

Edited by BuyInflatables.com

BACK ON TOPIC....

Who all has licence to carry Peanuts inflatables?

Who? today? Only Gemmy. Who knows what's to come in the future? But presently it's Gemmy that has the license.

Its unfortunate in todays society, as we all know... products, brands, licenses etc are knocked off all the time. everything from licensed t-shirts to $100,000 rolex watches and everything in-between can and probably is knocked off... including inflatables.

I know someone personally who has a custom frog that he had made in china several years ago for his own chirstmas display. That frog was based upon and has a striking resemblance of Kermit from Sesame Street... a license character design that was never licensed for retail or individual inflatable production as far as I know, and for sure not licensed to the manufacturer or the individual who ordered it. But it was made and it could easily be sold on ebay as a Kermit the Frog inflatable and get a lot of money for it.

A license owner may not catch one or two items being sold on ebay, they may not even catch 100 of them. So anything is possible. Sad but true.

Glad to hear that is not the case with this or other peanuts inflatable items! Glad to see they are original and made by Gemmy and not some knock off.

I have to admit, I was unaware that Peanuts have changed or in the process of changing their branding. So that's news to me. Thanks Tony for pointing that out. That would explain why only some products have been effected and show the new branding and logo and some still have the older logo... they are in the process of changing. Out of curiosity I will send an email over to the licensing agent for Peanuts just to find out what I can about it. Interesting stuff. I gotta get familiar with all this licensing stuff. :)

Still, I think the older Peanuts logo was better. Matched the comic series. ;)

Tim

Edited by BuyInflatables.com

I'd have to go up in my garage attic to be sure, but I'm pretty sure the box of my Peanuts Christmas countdown clock has a Peanuts logo that looks just like the one on the inflatable box in question. It was purchased right after Christmas 2008 (and made for the '08 season).

That is how I knew when I first saw the inflatable on ebay that it was Gemmy. Licence cost aaaaaallllooottt.

I saw a knock off sam earlier this year but you would not sell a lot of it without lawsuits.

Hey Tim... Tony said it was for the 2008 and 2009 production runs. I think you got a Peanuts one from us at PLUS 2005. That one has the old logos.

I was just unaware they have changed, which makes sense being that I did not buy anything from gemmy recently.

Tim

Hey Tim... Tony said it was for the 2008 and 2009 production runs. I think you got a Peanuts one from us at PLUS 2005. That one has the old logos.

Sorry, I'm actually talking about a countdown clock I got at Walgreens last year, not an inflatable. Just thought it might lend some light into the "rebranding" of the Peanuts logo...

My Snoopy inflatable I got from you was indeed from PLUS 2005.

That is how I knew when I first saw the inflatable on ebay that it was Gemmy. Licence cost aaaaaallllooottt.

I saw a knock off sam earlier this year but you would not sell a lot of it without lawsuits.

Yes they do cost a lot... Im finding that out now. But its worth it. you know?

As for selling them with/without legal action etc. The Coach Bags, YL Bags, etc... Rolex watches... are knocked off in the millions. How many really get caught? And is it worth the risk? Most are done by shady operations... not legit companies you can sue.

I agree not worth teh risk for inflatables... but when you are talking a $30,000 rolex, that you knock off for $3 in china... and you sell them for $30 on canal street by the 100's of 1000s. It mayjust be worth the risk.

NYPD Intelligence is one of our largest Printing Customers... and one of the things they do is handle counterfeiting and knockoffs. They busted a huge operation that was producing Polo shirts and other license sports wear... 1000s of pieces every day. They said that they catch one... another one pops up. Its virtually impossible to stop counterfeiting and bootlegs.

And get this... when they bust them.. if they are a factory where the stuff is made or sewn... they have to destroy the machines... because they are too big to confiscate. Image that. $200,000 embroidery machines... 6 of them... All destroyed. I could have bought one. :(

There's huge money in counterfeiting. In some cases probably just as much as in the actual product. But i dont think inflatables or licensed inflatables will ever get to that point.

As I mentioned Im glad they are real and Gemmy's items.

Good to know. Now if you only knew where it came from. LOL

Tim

Sorry, I'm actually talking about a countdown clock I got at Walgreens last year, not an inflatable. Just thought it might lend some light into the "rebranding" of the Peanuts logo...

My Snoopy inflatable I got from you was indeed from PLUS 2005.

Oh mis-understood you.

I just did a search on Target and see an item or two with the new logo on it too.

It caught me by surprise that they would change their branding.

Thanks Tim.

Now lets await and see where they came from. As now Im really interested after looking at this picture so much! LOL

Tim

Really? I didn't know ShopKo was big enough to do "exclusives". There is a ShopKo near where I grew up - was in there on Black Friday...

Really? I didn't know ShopKo was big enough to do "exclusives". There is a ShopKo near where I grew up - was in there on Black Friday...

Members of airblown club bought their Charlie Brown inflatable from the store and they have the table topper now online if you want to see it.

I never heard of them. LOL I will have to find out more about them.

I think they're based out of Wisconsin. They're a discount store chain that used to try to compete with K-Mart, Target, and the like, but these days are mainly found in smaller markets that don't have any of those. I'm surprised the Mason City, IA store has hung on (the one I grew up near) as it has all the big chains as well.

Based out of green Bay and stores goes all the way to CA.

I glad to get one for the collection. Big Peanuts fan.

I agree, when you take back so many times at walmart (its a curtain number of times) they will refuse to do so in a 6 months period...that is how they track a person...they use your ss # everytime you bring something back....so watch out for that...

but like in above post...that is business and policys and the beast....

Wal-Mart has NO BUSINESS asking for your Social Security Number for a returned item! They can ask to see your Drivers' License and take the number from there, but not your SSN!.

I have returned many an item that was defective to Wal-Mart within their receipt/rule time frame and I have never, not once, been asked for my SSN, DL, yes, SSN, no. And if they did, I'd refuse because, again, they have no business asking for my SSN for a returned item!

And to be put this back on topic of the original post that started this thread:

And as stated, I did see this same Charlie Brown Airblown in a local Wal-Greens, but don't recall which Wal-Greens as it sometimes seems that not all Wal-Greens will have the same item(s) or display it/them. I've found different things at different times at the 5 different Wal-Greens I go to that are all close to me.

So at least one Wal-Green's did sell that particular Peanuts Air-Blown last year (2009) that I am aware of in my area, just can't recall which one I saw it in. I know, I bought a couple of Peanuts Light Ups last year at Wal-Greens, one of them being a Snoopy Window/Wall Plaque Light-Up.

BTW: Wouldn't mind having that CB Airblown this thread started with, that one I like! Just too bad Gemmy is the one who makes it.

Wal-Mart has NO BUSINESS asking for your Social Security Number for a returned item! They can ask to see your Drivers' License and take the number from there, but not your SSN!.

BTW: Wouldn't mind having that CB Airblown this thread started with, that one I like! Just too bad Gemmy is the one who makes it.

Sorry some people still have their drivers' License as their SSN....LOL

To bad it is a Gemmy...If you want a CB anything inflatable you will be buying Gemmy....LOL

I'm glad that you all find out, from where that inflatable came from...now I really want one so bad...lol

Hey Tony if you want one just PM me and I will help you get one....

To bad it is a Gemmy...If you want a CB anything inflatable you will be buying Gemmy....LOL

True, true... All Charlie Brown and Peanut related inflatables are currently made by Gemmy... BUT from what I was told that is NOT an exclusive license and there are open license opportunities. I could be wrong... but I doubt it because the resource is pretty reliable and works within the licensing industry. So who knows what the future holds for Licensed CB Merchandise or other licenses that use to be but may no longer be when it comes to inflatables.... such as Sesame Street, NFL, and possibly Nascar. Have we seen Seasame Street items lately? Wanna know why? ;) It will be interesting to see what happens and what's to come this year with all the new designs.

Okay... I just peeped over at the auction... its right now bidding at only $15.50 which may not even be Shopko's land-in cost for the item... so Im surprised the item is not doing well on ebay.

Hey LOR-CF if you do want one... You may want to bid on the one online. They offer a 14 day money back guarantee. That is the best warranty on a Gemmy inflatable I have seen all year from any retailer outside of walmart and other large retailers. Other online retailers have 3, 5 or 7 days.... if you are lucky. But Im with you... regardless of how cute it or any airblown it is... I personally don't think I will ever buy another Gemmy Airblown Inflatable. But if you do end up buying one... Let me know what motor it is... and I will be happy to send you a spare motor at no cost if I have it in stock. This way you have a back-up if yours goes bad. :)

Tim

True, true... All Charlie Brown and Peanut related inflatables are currently made by Gemmy... BUT from what I was told that is NOT an exclusive license and there are open license opportunities. I could be wrong... but I doubt it because the resource is pretty reliable and works within the licensing industry. So who knows what the future holds for Licensed CB Merchandise or other licenses that use to be but may no longer be when it comes to inflatables.... such as Sesame Street, NFL, and possibly Nascar. Have we seen Seasame Street items lately? Wanna know why? ;) It will be interesting to see what happens and what's to come this year with all the new designs.

Okay... I just peeped over at the auction... its right now bidding at only $15.50 which may not even be Shopko's land-in cost for the item... so Im surprised the item is not doing well on ebay.

Hey LOR-CF if you do want one... You may want to bid on the one online. They offer a 14 day money back guarantee. That is the best warranty on a Gemmy inflatable I have seen all year from any retailer outside of walmart and other large retailers. Other online retailers have 3, 5 or 7 days.... if you are lucky. But Im with you... regardless of how cute it or any airblown it is... I personally don't think I will ever buy another Gemmy Airblown Inflatable. But if you do end up buying one... Let me know what motor it is... and I will be happy to send you a spare motor at no cost if I have it in stock. This way you have a back-up if yours goes bad. :)

Tim

Don't forget Walt Disney, Nick, Rudolph and etc...

It's funny your always asking for pics of Gemmys inflatable over on MHD but make fun of over here...

Like I said I will make pic of CB and post them here for you...

Don’t mean to get off topic...but has anybody else noticed how popular all of the Rudolph inflatables have been since the original Sam and Bumble came out a few years ago? Was just thinking about it....

krusaders its actually kind of funny because I haven’t seen more than one sentence from buyinflatables.com asking for any type of picture of any other gemmy inflatable? I think buyinflatables.com and the other pc members just want to see your cool new addition to your display...I have seen the boring photo of the box of this inflatable on ebay but have never seen the actual inflatable inflated...

Also, I am a very proud and active member of www.myholidaydisplays.com and have NEVER seen one thread or post from Tim asking to see a picture of a gemmy inflatable...

Hey, if anyone finds the sentence that shows buyinflatables.com "making fun" of any inflatable let me know...I check this forum several times a day and have yet to see this statement...

Anyway, I also can’t wait to see the pics of the new gemmy CB inflatable....It's a nice one....

Have A Nice Day,

Matt

Don't forget Walt Disney, Nick, Rudolph and etc...

It's funny your always asking for pics of Gemmys inflatable over on MHD but make fun of over here...

Like I said I will make pic of CB and post them here for you...

Edited by santaigrhs
spelling