Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
krusaders

Charlie Brown Christmas tree

I was going to start a thread about this but since the CB inflatable is 4ft I will just post it here...

I have never owned a 4ft inflatable....how would they do it the heavy winds and snow that New York has...

I have a 4' section in our display and have no problem with any of them. We don't get snow so someone else will have to anwser.

It's funny your always asking for pics of Gemmys inflatable over on MHD but make fun of over here...

NOT AGAIN KRUSADERS!!!!

Again you are taking this off topic... and then when it fires back in his face he will say I took it off topic right CJ? And this time you ar taking it way off topic. Come on now!!! When will you stop this childesh stuff?

Matt... CJ is correct... I did as for a SINGLE GEMMY Product photo.... Statue of liberty.

But I have not made fun of anyones product on this site. Net yet anyways. LOL

Offering to send a replacement motor to someone for free is not making fun. Im offering someone the ability to have a back up if they need it. Thats all. Are you reading more into it then that? if you are keep your comments to yourself. My offering a replacement blower has nothing to do with you or gemmy. Sorry. So Play nice.

In regards to Lady Liberty... have you seen our proototype of the statue of liberty compared to the Gemmy one? Do you really think I used Gemmy's as an inspiration or to get ideas from? You better stop sipping on that Yak! LOL

Look again at the two.

I live in NYC. I see the statue every day and the statue of libert does not look like a blue trash can wrapped in a blue cloth holding a tourch. If you compare the 2 images... our Statue of liberty looks 1000 times better and there is NO WAY Gemmy's was used to get ideas from or inspiration.

All Our ideas are original and most were already in production and we already had prototypes. Some since last year. Some created with the help of our Design Committee... a hand full of MHD and PC members who collectively discuss and put together designs. So you obvioulsy dont know what you are talking about. All of our designs are unique and NOTHING like anything that has been made before.

As for asking for any other pictures... If you were Proud Member of MHD... you would clearly see... the only reason I asked for inflatables from ANY manufacturer... was to refresh everyone's memory of what was made before... compared to our new line. There is not a single inflatable we have in production was inspiration from a Gemmy or any other brand.

The only one I see using Gemmy inflatables as insperations and get ides for their new inflatables is Yardinflatables.com with similar bunny faces, similar design concepts and similar features.

Now that you have the answer to your moronic and senseless comments Krusaders... Can you stay on topic and stop fishing for a fight? If not... maybe you need to go back to ABC where you can bash me and buyinflatables.com all you want. I wont buy into your fishing anymore.

I dont like gemmy products anymore... BIG DEAL!! I will never buy them any more. SO WHAT? Im not saying anything about them that has not been expressed by many others on this and other forums... including your own ABC. So get off my case.

There is nothing you can do or say that will make us look bad. So give it up.

end of story.

Now to get back on topic.

To answer the last question regarding a 4'er inflatable... Gemmy's outdoor inflatables do hold up just as good as the bigger ones. Can take less snow and you still have to dig them out with a heavy snow fall like you do the big ones. I dont think any of them hold up to heavy winds though... from what I have seen or from my expereinces.

However... I have not seen this new CB one or how it was made. If anyone used it or another 4 footer from this season in a cold windy area... feel free to chime in.

Tim

Edited by BuyInflatables.com

Thanks Tim....I always thought that all 4ft inflatables were for inside use only...Might have to pick a few up for our collection... =)

I also live in New York....I have seen the Statue Of Liberty many times....and well its not blue...lol....Just stating some of the facts...

Cant wait to see some pics of this CB inflatable....

Matt

NOT AGAIN KRUSADERS!!!!

Again you are taking this off topic... and then when it fires back in his face he will say I took it off topic right CJ? And this time you ar taking it way off topic. Come on now!!! When will you stop this childesh stuff?

Matt... CJ is correct... I did as for a SINGLE GEMMY Product photo.... Statue of liberty.

But I have not made fun of anyones product on this site. Net yet anyways. LOL

Offering to send a replacement motor to someone for free is not making fun. Im offering someone the ability to have a back up if they need it. Thats all. Are you reading more into it then that? if you are keep your comments to yourself. My offering a replacement blower has nothing to do with you or gemmy. Sorry. So Play nice.

In regards to Lady Liberty... have you seen our proototype of the statue of liberty compared to the Gemmy one? Do you really think I used Gemmy's as an inspiration or to get ideas from? You better stop sipping on that Yak! LOL

Look again at the two.

I live in NYC. I see the statue every day and the statue of libert does not look like a blue trash can wrapped in a blue cloth holding a tourch. If you compare the 2 images... our Statue of liberty looks 1000 times better and there is NO WAY Gemmy's was used to get ideas from or inspiration.

All Our ideas are original and most were already in production and we already had prototypes. Some since last year. Some created with the help of our Design Committee... a hand full of MHD and PC members who collectively discuss and put together designs. So you obvioulsy dont know what you are talking about. All of our designs are unique and NOTHING like anything that has been made before.

As for asking for any other pictures... If you were Proud Member of MHD... you would clearly see... the only reason I asked for inflatables from ANY manufacturer... was to refresh everyone's memory of what was made before... compared to our new line. There is not a single inflatable we have in production was inspiration from a Gemmy or any other brand.

The only one I see using Gemmy inflatables as insperations and get ides for their new inflatables is Yardinflatables.com with similar bunny faces, similar design concepts and similar features.

Now that you have the answer to your moronic and senseless comments Krusaders... Can you stay on topic and stop fishing for a fight? If not... maybe you need to go back to ABC where you can bash me and buyinflatables.com all you want. I wont buy into your fishing anymore.

I dont like gemmy products anymore... BIG DEAL!! I will never buy them any more. SO WHAT? Im not saying anything about them that has not been expressed by many others on this and other forums... including your own ABC. So get off my case.

There is nothing you can do or say that will make us look bad. So give it up.

end of story.

Now to get back on topic.

To answer the last question regarding a 4'er inflatable... Gemmy's outdoor inflatables do hold up just as good as the bigger ones. Can take less snow and you still have to dig them out with a heavy snow fall like you do the big ones. I dont think any of them hold up to heavy winds though... from what I have seen or from my expereinces.

However... I have not seen this new CB one or how it was made. If anyone used it or another 4 footer from this season in a cold windy area... feel free to chime in.

Tim

Our 4' inflatable took the winds real good... we had some good wind storms...

now I've not bashed you on ABC. and didn't you ask for a damation dog and turkey also...don't matter...o one more your turkey in pot is different that Gemmys...

The CB inflatable will go with all the other 4'ers...

Do the 4ft inflatables get staked and roped into the ground as the bigger ones do?

yes, the new outdoor ones do...

now I've not bashed you on ABC. and didn't you ask for a damation dog and turkey also...don't matter...o one more your turkey in pot is different that Gemmys...

That is not true Krusaders, I have PMs you wrote to various ABC members and copies of posts from ABC. You may have not said anything bashing recently... but you have A LOT in the past. I could care less though... because obvioulsy your bashing is not working so well if it gets back to me. :)

As for other images... Like I said.. I asked for ANY Images... and they were only to show how much better our line looks. None of them look similar to any other inflatable... but they do look better. :) Thanks for pointing that out!

With that said Krusaders... I sent you a PM... Take your personal issue into PM. Leave your personal vandettas out of the inflatables General forum. I will no longer reply to your comments in this thread that do not relate to the 4 foot inflatable or CB inflatables.

Im sure everyone will agree.... Enough is enough.

Lets move on please!!!!

AGAIN... Back to the topic...

MATT...

Here in NY... we have had some of the 4 footers out front for this Christmas... along with our prototype of the Carolers. I shut them all down in heavy winds. In the past I have had the plastic connectors break in cold windy conditions... and thats whats on those 4 footers. So rather then chance them breaking as they did in the past only to get knocked around... I shut them down.

As per Gemmy's instructions... do not inflate in strong winds or heavy snow or rain.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Edited by BuyInflatables.com

Would like to see the bashes in PM if you got them.

We always put a 2 x 4 stakes behind the 4'ers to help them in the wind.

That one is really cute. Is it a 4 footer? I see that it has an outside motor. never seen any gemmy basic inflatables have an outside motor before this year. I wonder why or what made them decided to change?

As Arseno Hall would say.... "Things that make you go Hmmmmm?"

(That one is really cute. Is it a 4 footer?)

Not sure, but it should be around 4 or 5ft...because it has the new small 4ft fan from Gemmy.

Edited by tonyinflatable

Wow Tim there's really no comparison between your Liberty and Gemmy's. Gemmy's looks laughable in comparison... Great work!

As for 4' inflatables outdoors, I've used a couple of 'indoor' ones outdoors, by protecting the wall-wart in a plastic bag, and adding tether stakes and lights (a string of 50 mini's inside). They do ok IF you don't have much snow. If you get more than an inch or so of snow you'll have to dig them out. I can't complain though, since they're not meant to be outdoors. I've had them be buried in snow part of the season (unplugged), rained on, etc and that doesn't seem to bother the fan.

As for winds, with the tethers, I don't think it would be too much of a problem, but we don't get too bad of winds here.

Sorry some people still have their drivers' License as their SSN....LOL

I have yet to see a DL that was a persons SSN number. And just what state does that? None that I know of.

To bad it is a Gemmy...If you want a CB anything inflatable you will be buying Gemmy....LOL

I don't buy inflatables from the "G" company, they aren't at all reliable in my book! And I'm sure there are others that can "get licensing" for the Peanuts gang if they're willing to pay the price for it.

I'm wondering, why we need to fight about decorating products. After all what we want at last is to have fun and make others happy when they watch our displays...It doesn't matter if it is one brand or the other, the final purpose is to decorate. Of course some brands have better technology than others, but this kind of fight don't produce any positive results...

So people start enjoying your hobby...after all is about holidays, ENJOY! ;)

I have yet to see a DL that was a persons SSN number. And just what state does that? None that I know of.

I don't buy inflatables from the "G" company, they aren't at all reliable in my book! And I'm sure there are others that can "get licensing" for the Peanuts gang if they're willing to pay the price for it.

Seeing is believing on every point above.

SS# use to be everyone DL#. Not been long until they started to change that. How old are you?

Edited by krusaders