Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
krusaders

Charlie Brown Christmas tree

Seeing is believing on every point above.

SS# use to be everyone DL#. Not been long until they started to change that. How old are you?

Age: 53 and I have never seen that, nor have I ever heard of it. Even my late parents DL's (Kentucky/Ohio, then Florida) were never their Social Security Numbers. Nor were my late grandparents (Kentucky/Ohio) or any of my relatives scattered throughout other regions. This is the very first time I have ever heard of your SSN being utilized for a DL.

And to bring this back to airblowns:

Tim, checked out your photo's of your Easter Bunny collection, very nice. I'm hoping I can talk my wife into letting me buy the Rabbit painting the Easter Egg. That one is my favorite. I'd love the train one too, but that may be out of my price range for the moment.

I may be incorrect but Tim does offer a nice PC member discount! And if you are a member of the forum www.myholidaydisplays.com (inflatable, LOR, lights, etc discussion forum) than you have the chance to get even a bigger discount! (Can Tim please confirm this)

You can rely save a nice penny with Tim's kind discount to his friends on the forums...Hey maybe as soon as your wife sees the final total for the Easter Bunny egg scene ...She will not be able to pass on the cool 15ft Easter Express train...lol

Thanks for bringing this thread back to inflatable talk... =)

AIR CHARACTER EASTER TRAIN: http://buyinflatables.com/productidB-30005.htm

AIR CHARACTER PAINTING EGG: http://buyinflatables.com/productidB-30003.htm

Age: 53 and I have never seen that, nor have I ever heard of it. Even my late parents DL's (Kentucky/Ohio, then Florida) were never their Social Security Numbers. Nor were my late grandparents (Kentucky/Ohio) or any of my relatives scattered throughout other regions. This is the very first time I have ever heard of your SSN being utilized for a DL.

Tim, checked out your photo's of your Easter Bunny collection, very nice. I'm hoping I can talk my wife into letting me buy the Rabbit painting the Easter Egg. That one is my favorite. I'd love the train one too, but that may be out of my price range for the moment.

post-9426-129571193974_thumb.jpg

Edited by santaigrhs

I still have my old DL that has my SS# as the DL#....I will be 36 this year....LOL they wanted people who was renewing their licence to change it for the ID theif problem...

Back to the subject here....not trains but CB...Lowes and Sears are the main stores that carry the Peanuts inflatables and it is cool to see other store start to carry an exclusive of the Peanuts gang....wonder what this year will hold for the CB gang...

Clay I live on the VA/NC line and have lots of friends from Virginia and the still have their SSN as their drivers license number... I think they have been switching this over but a couple of years ago and I guess since the state of Virginia started issuing licenses they used SSN numbers and I am sure a few other states did as well!!

I may be incorrect but Tim does offer a nice PC member discount! And if you are a member of the forum www.myholidaydisplays.com (inflatable, LOR, lights, etc discussion forum) than you have the chance to get even a bigger discount! (Can Tim please confirm this)

You can rely save a nice penny with Tim's kind discount to his friends on the forums...Hey maybe as soon as your wife sees the final total for the Easter Bunny egg scene ...She will not be able to pass on the cool 15ft Easter Express train...lol

Thanks for bringing this thread back to inflatable talk... =)

AIR CHARACTER EASTER TRAIN: http://buyinflatables.com/productidB-30005.htm

AIR CHARACTER PAINTING EGG: http://buyinflatables.com/productidB-30003.htm

Just went and joined the myholidays.com site. Thanks for the tip and info, Tim had also told me that too I believe, so now I'm a member over there, well, as soon as I get the e-mail to activate the account.:D

Clay I live on the VA/NC line and have lots of friends from Virginia and the still have their SSN as their drivers license number... I think they have been switching this over but a couple of years ago and I guess since the state of Virginia started issuing licenses they used SSN numbers and I am sure a few other states did as well!!

Wow, I didn't realize states still did this. Iowa used to do this but converted at least a decade ago. When I lived in Iowa, I used to have my SSN on my checks, as it would keep stores from asking for my DL to approve a check. When I moved to MN (1994) and told the bank I wanted the SSN on my checks, they looked at me as if I were insane and said "you DON'T" want to do that..." When I explained why, they told me I really wanted the DL number instead ;) A few years later my mom told me that Iowa was changing over to a separate DL number.

A SSN is all an identity thief needs to steal your credit history. You really don't want that on something you flash to people as much as a DL...

Wow, I didn't realize states still did this. Iowa used to do this but converted at least a decade ago. When I lived in Iowa, I used to have my SSN on my checks, as it would keep stores from asking for my DL to approve a check. When I moved to MN (1994) and told the bank I wanted the SSN on my checks, they looked at me as if I were insane and said "you DON'T" want to do that..." When I explained why, they told me I really wanted the DL number instead ;) A few years later my mom told me that Iowa was changing over to a separate DL number.

A SSN is all an identity thief needs to steal your credit history. You really don't want that on something you flash to people as much as a DL...

I wonder if all the states use SSN for DLN at one time?

Sorry back to CB....

My Charlie Brown inflatable made it in today from eBay...I like it...it is lighted and with rope and stakes etc...it has the external fan motor also...it will go good with the 4' display...

My Charlie Brown inflatable made it in today from eBay...I like it...it is lighted and with rope and stakes etc...it has the external fan motor also...it will go good with the 4' display...

The inflatable looks great CJ...I'm glad I got mine today from E-bay, can't wait for it to arrive...This one will go good my 4ft snoopy from Walgreens...yesss!!!

Edited by tonyinflatable

Not to insinuate anything... but I wonder why Gemmy has all of sudden decided to use external "exchangable" motors on most if not all their products this year?

I wonder. Hmmmmm?

well I did tell them about taking a whilwind motor off of their globe and put on a 15' Jesus inflatable that takes the $100 motor to inflat.....I have had that Jesus working for 3 years now...I will find the pic on this forum for you..

Not to insinuate anything... but I wonder why Gemmy has all of sudden decided to use external "exchangable" motors on most if not all their products this year?

I wonder. Hmmmmm?

They use the external fans only on 4ft's and 6ft's, the rest of the inflatables have the old style fan under the inflatables...

well I did tell them about taking a whilwind motor off of their globe and put on a 15' Jesus inflatable that takes the $100 motor to inflat.....I have had that Jesus working for 3 years now...I will find the pic on this forum for you..

Here is the old thread....

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=21153&highlight=15%27+Jesus+inflatable

Thats a nice CB inflatable...Congarsts on the new addition CJ....

Thanks Matt....I really like this one....they finally made one with the tree.....something that has not been made before and it's one of the main parts of the show....

check these pics out in 2008... I took the 15' non Gemmy and put a Gemmy motor on it and it works great still today....