LED Holiday Lighting prices

Bill V

Bill - did you use these lights this year? I have heard that LED's in general have a problem with "rusting" of the sockets and leads... is this true? Have you experienced this problem? Do the "sealed" LED's offered as part of this sale eliminate these problems...

Also there is listed "C7/C9 Icicle Lights" - is this what they are like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4idl-lCqI

Thanks for helping a NOOB - voyageurs60 (Dan)

Edited by voyageurs60

Bill - did you use these lights this year? I have heard that LED's in general have a problem with "rusting" of the sockets and leads... is this true? Have you experienced this problem? Do the "sealed" LED's offered as part of this sale eliminate these problems...

Also there is listed "C7/C9 Icicle Lights" - is this what they are like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4idl-lCqI

Thanks for helping a NOOB - voyageurs60 (Dan)

All of the strings are sealed construction which do not have the rusting issues you hear about. That only happens with the removable bulb type LED's becasue they use 2 different types of metals in the socket and bulb. Holiday Creation's version of those seem to be the exception.

Yes, the C7/C9 bulbs in that video look like the ones they have listed. Here is the LED HL website with the pictures.

Seems like majority of the string costs are 25cents cheaper than CDI.

They offer very similar stuff, do these guys work together? :giggle:

They do know each other but they a two individual companies. Aside from the lights themselves, each one is a little different. Travis sells lights "a la carte" (e.g. order what you need and not by the case) and Paul offers a wide variety of other items to help with your installation, such as sockets, zip cord, vampire plugs, and more. You have to visit each vendor's website to get a feel for what they are selling.

All of the strings are sealed construction which do not have the rusting issues you hear about. That only happens with the removable bulb type LED's becasue they use 2 different types of metals in the socket and bulb. Holiday Creation's version of those seem to be the exception.
My only concern is that what is sold is Holiday Creations. Last year I did receive a different brand Travis, and although they were a sealed one-piece design, the quality was slightly lower. I have had a lot of success with Holiday Creations in the past...

Please everybody, don't turn this into another flame thrower of a thread. We all know what happened last year and let's keep that behind us...I only mentioned it because this year I want my order to be conditional upon Travis selling the Holiday Creations brand.

Edited by B_Regal78

Agreed, lets keep what happened in the past in the past. If you have a personal problem, stop venting about it to us on PC and do something about it. If e-mail isn't working, call.

I plan on ordering from Travis in the coming month once I get all my necessities in line. Planning on ordering more than 12000 lights right now :) Haha

Does anyone know if Travis is getting lights from the same place as last year? I have 12 strings of white wire green C6 that are only good if I use them together, if I try to add a strings of Pauls lights then Pauls lights only come on about 50%. I have 35,000 led's from Paul and Travis and they do get mixed, so if I get the same kind of lights as last year from Travis they do not do me any good.

Dave

I keep hearing "Holiday Creations" being thrown around.

I have not participated in any preorder last year, so this is my first year. I think I will be preordering from both Paul and Travis.

I only dealt with Paul for one spool of SPT3 wire last year, and have ordered some clearance lights from Travis in 12/2009 which my friend in Texas has shipped to me via slow boat (Parcel Post), so I don't think I will receive them for another 1-2 weeks.

I ordered two spools of ropelight from Paul's clearance sale and he was super nice enough to ship them via Parcel Post to me.

I spoke to both Travis and Paul via email, and they both are super nice people!

The really good thing I like about Travis' preorder is that you can order any quantity of lights, and you're not forced to purchase in case quantity. And the lights are a bit cheaper too. Travis offers US Postal Service shipping, which I was not aware of until recently! So for you Canadians/Hawaiians out there, now you can get affordable shipping!

Does anyone know if Travis is getting lights from the same place as last year? I have 12 strings of white wire green C6 that are only good if I use them together, if I try to add a strings of Pauls lights then Pauls lights only come on about 50%. I have 35,000 led's from Paul and Travis and they do get mixed, so if I get the same kind of lights as last year from Travis they do not do me any good.

Dave

Has anyone else had this problem? I am looking to order green wire C6 from Travis to go with my existing Paul green wire C6's. I'm hoping they are compatible. Any reason why they wouldn't be?

Chris

Has anyone else had this problem? I am looking to order green wire C6 from Travis to go with my existing Paul green wire C6's. I'm hoping they are compatible. Any reason why they wouldn't be?

Chris

I use both holiday Lighting and Creative Displays LED's in my display. Never had any problems.

Does anyone know the actual length from the first bulb to the last bulb (pigtail cord not included) on Travis' 50, 70, 100 count M5 lights? I'm trying to determine what length to use, if they will readily fit my mega tree as replacement for my incadecent lights.

Also, has anyone used the blue? How'd the color hold up in the weather?

Ken

Does anyone know the actual length from the first bulb to the last bulb (pigtail cord not included) on Travis' 50, 70, 100 count M5 lights? I'm trying to determine what length to use, if they will readily fit my mega tree as replacement for my incadecent lights.

Also, has anyone used the blue? How'd the color hold up in the weather?

Ken

simple math once you know the constant of 4", 4" * (N-1). Where N= number of lamps. Example on a 70 ct string do this 4" * 69 = 276" or 23' from 1st LED to last LED. 4" is fairly much the standard any more. But the quality between strings, to include the twist rate will cause this 4" between lamps to vary some.

OK, Next Question..:-)

I presently use 104' of incadecent lights which is arranged in 5 strings per channel for our Mega Tree. To get the 100'+ length I need I'll need to series 2ea. 33', 1ea. 24', and 1ea. 17' set of lights. Seems I read somewhere not to mix different bulb counts/lengths of lights with the lights. But then I've read a lot of things as of late and it's all grown fuzzy. :-) Having never used them I call upon the experience/knowledge of those of you that have. What say yee?

Ken

OK, Next Question..:-)

I presently use 104' of incadecent lights which is arranged in 5 strings per channel for our Mega Tree. To get the 100'+ length I need I'll need to series 2ea. 33', 1ea. 24', and 1ea. 17' set of lights. Seems I read somewhere not to mix different bulb counts/lengths of lights with the lights. But then I've read a lot of things as of late and it's all grown fuzzy. :-) Having never used them I call upon the experience/knowledge of those of you that have. What say yee?

Ken

That won't be a problem.

Travis has his prices up for the upcoming sale.........very attractive, especially if you participated in last years pre order as shipping is free! http://www.ledholidaylighting.com/2010-LED-Pre-Order.aspx

we placed our pre-order yesterday- on our $800 we saved $95 in shipping costs since we orderd last year- thats a great savings!

Does it matter what color wire you use, that is, when your display is only seen during the night time hours? I think you can check with Paul over at CDI if his lights are on white wire.

I see there are no "white" wire products this year. I had some reindeer I wanted to replace the lights with led's but I guess that's not going to happen.

I just placed my order with Travis. I also placed an order with Paul. Each of them had items I wanted and I feel they both will provide me with the best of service. By the way, I asked Travis about white wire and he said that they were not listed by available by special request at the same price as the green wire items.