New member from Southern California

I'm glad I've found this website. I have read several threads and found a vast amount of helpful information that will help me this year. This will be my first year setting up a computerized Christmas display, so hopefully it all goes well (crossing my fingers). I was debating whether to get my feet wet (start small), or to jump into the ocean without a life preserver; hopefully I don't drown. I've decided to jump into the ocean especially since I've wiped several California stores out of their Christmas inventory. I have somewhere between 60,000 - 80,000 lights (unsure until I count my inventory) mostly consisting of 100 count mini lights (non-LED), several hundred feet of rope light (non-LED), 6 GE 6.5" LED pre-lit Christmas trees, frosted/flocked 9 foot pre-lit tree with pine cones, 2 Lionel trains sets, Flood Lights, several Mr. Christmas items, LED net lights, etc... All items were purchased at 75% - 90% off. I'll post pictures of all items soon. If anybody in southern California has been wondering why stores didn't have any inventory it's probably because it's all in my garage :D. Now, time to start building and building :). Thanks to all who share their information on this forum it really helps out individuals such as myself.

Mike

Edited by WILDCAT

Welcome Wildcat to PlanetChristmas. You sure have a heck of a start on your Christmas display. There is a ton of info on here. How far are you from San Diego/Camp Pennleton. My son is station there when not in Afghanistan. We are going to see him this summer when he gets home if not to far away maybe we can get toghter. Anyway Welcome from the cold ice cover state of Iowa. IowaSantaClaus

I've decided to jump into the ocean especially since I've wiped several California stores out of their Christmas inventory.

Mike

Welcome to PC Mike.

So you're the reason we didn't have lights left this year here in So.Cal. :giggle:

Good luck with your first year.

Be sure to let us know when you're up and running at Christmas so we can come by and check it out,

Jerry

Hey Mike, from one Mike to another: welcome to PC!

Your profile says your Christmas display is in the works, and it sounds like you've got a lot of inventory to make it happen. Please be sure to post some pictures as it develops.

You might want to check out this thread -- some good advice http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=39758

for new folks.

Kind of neat to see someone's post # 1; Again, welcome!

showtime: I'm still a bit unsure as to what I'll be having on display, but I'm certain to start off building some of the most common things such as a mega tree, arches, mini tree, etc... I'll probably have to get the good old pen and paper out and make a rough draft of my potential display.

iowasantaclaus: I'm about 45 minutes north of San Diego. If you're around town I'd definitely like to meet another PC member.

BaldEagleChristmas:Thanks for the link.

I'll be posting pictures of my inventory this weekend and maybe some of you can give me ideas as to what you would do with my stuff. I know there are an infinite number of ideas here at PC, but I'm always open to other people's ideas if they are not already posted somewhere on PC. Thanks you all for welcoming me to PC.

Edited by WILDCAT

Here is my inventory as promised with photos attached. I'd say it's a huge score with everything purchased at 75% - 90% off retail.

Rope Light:

10 boxes - 30 ft. clear rope light

7 boxes - 12 ft. clear rope light

15 boxes - 12 ft. blue rope light

3 boxes - 12 ft. red rope light

Net Lights:

14 boxes - 100 count LED net lights

200 count miniature light sets:

12 boxes - 200 count clear with green wire

100 count miniature light sets:

270 boxes - 100 count clear with green wire

47 boxes - 100 count multi-color with white wire

37 boxes - 100 count multi-color with green wire

15 boxes - 100 count clear with white wire

4 boxes - 100 count red with green wire

1 box - 100 count green with green wire (Really scored big here :rolleyes:)

Quite a bit of several 100 count clear with green wire strands from previous years. Maybe a few thousand lights.

Christmas Trees:

6 - 6.5 ft. Ge LED Christmas Tree with 300 clear led C3 bulbs

1 - 9' Good Tidings Winter Wonderland Christmas pre-lit tree with several hundred clear miniature lights.

Mr. Christmas:

3 - GE Wireless lights and sounds of Christmas

2 - GE Non-wireless lights and sounds of Christmas

Trains:

1 - Lionel O Gauge train set

1 - Lionel Polar Express G Gauge train set

That's about all for now...:D

Well, I just scored big on a Craigslist ad I replied to.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/1570191137.html

He actually had more than what he listed.

I purchased everything for $190. Unfortunately he didn't want to sell only part of it, so I had to purchase the entire inventory. Everything was from Walmart and new!

100 count miniature lights

61 boxes - Clear with green wire

138 boxes - Multi-color with green wire

4 boxes - Red with green wire

200 count miniature lights

4 boxes - Multi-color with green wire

300 count Garland lights

4 boxes - Clear with green wire

25 count per strand C9 bulbs

2 boxes - Clear with green wire

That's it. Sorry, but I didn't feel like taking pictures this time.

Mike

Guest showtime

WOW looks like your garage has been taken over by Christmas lights lol! You scored big this year thats awesome! No time to wast lots to do WILDCAT. Can't wait to see your Christmas display this year.:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome, we're over in Rancho Cucamonga, I'd like to come over and see what you do. 2009 was our first year, we started out with 64 channels (64 more this year). Sequencing will take way more time than you plan, about 2-3 hours/ minute of music. Building the display will only take a bit more time than you set aside. I would start building this summer so most of it is ready for you to start putting out after holloween.

Welcome to PC, Mike.. Last year was my first year with 32 channels of LOR and looking to do ALOT more this year. I do a Halloween and Christmas show..... Maybe I can drive out and see your display, once you have it up for the holidays.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, everyone here is very willing to help out...

Michael