The next PLUS...

Tim, as far as I know, PLUS is history. Chuck will not be doing it again (although I'm sure he could/might change his mind.) He did talk about a vendor roadshow..traveling to various cities around the country. But I don't have any details.

But you, Tim, are more than welcome to come to the Chicagoland Regional over Labor Day weekend this year. It promises to be a wonderful event. We won't be having surf & turf, but you will get 4 great meals..including some wonderful BBQ :D

But you, Tim, are more than welcome to come to the Chicagoland Regional over Labor Day weekend this year. It promises to be a wonderful event. We won't be having surf & turf, but you will get 4 great meals..including some wonderful BBQ :D

That would be cool if Tim/BuyInflatables would come to Chicago. I'm hoping to be there, and it would be cool to see his products in action.

That would be cool if Tim/BuyInflatables would come to Chicago. I'm hoping to be there, and it would be cool to see his products in action.

Your gonna be there Tim F.... your the official PC photographer with that new camera of yours! :P

The guys from ICE will be there as well... it would be great to see Tim R. there (provided he doesn't show up at ICE as well!) ;)

I will be totally honest... Im bummed that PLUS may be toast. I don't see a road show as something do-able for us. Im very hands on with all my business. Not all of them are Internet based... so I have to be on hands. One thing to take a couple of days here and there... but doing a road show, meaning a stretch of cities at one time... would be crazy. Especially the way we do PLUS. LOL

I appreciate all the invites. Feel free to PM me with details of your events. If we cant make it to display, we will be happy to support your event and offer door prizes and such as we did with some of the events in the past.

Also for those of you doing events... keep in mind we own a Screen Printing, Embroidery and Promotional Advertising Specialties business. We also own a Full Color Print Shop where we can do postcards, full color business cards and brocures all in as little as 100 pieces. All professionally printed in vivid color on very high-gloss or matt stock. We have done some T-Shirts before for events. We can also do mugs, water bottles, tote bags, etc and other cool things. and YES!!! We offer PC MINI-PLUS Discounts!! :) PM me for details... and dont forget to tell me about your event to see if we can attend.

P.S. I was born in Chicago... Cook County. Would be nice to go see the house i was born in. ;) Have not seen it since I was like 7.

Tim

I will be totally honest... Im bummed that PLUS may be toast. I don't see a road show as something do-able for us. Im very hands on with all my business. Not all of them are Internet based... so I have to be on hands. One thing to take a couple of days here and there... but doing a road show, meaning a stretch of cities at one time... would be crazy. Especially the way we do PLUS. LOL

I appreciate all the invites. Feel free to PM me with details of your events. If we cant make it to display, we will be happy to support your event and offer door prizes and such as we did with some of the events in the past.

Also for those of you doing events... keep in mind we own a Screen Printing, Embroidery and Promotional Advertising Specialties business. We also own a Full Color Print Shop where we can do postcards, full color business cards and brocures all in as little as 100 pieces. All professionally printed in vivid color on very high-gloss or matt stock. We have done some T-Shirts before for events. We can also do mugs, water bottles, tote bags, etc and other cool things. and YES!!! We offer PC MINI-PLUS Discounts!! :) PM me for details... and dont forget to tell me about your event to see if we can attend.

P.S. I was born in Chicago... Cook County. Would be nice to go see the house i was born in. ;) Have not seen it since I was like 7.

Tim

Tim, I didn't know that! Where in Chicago? Cool!

BTW, you will be hearing from Marilyn soon in respect to Chicago and ICE!

Hey Carrie,

I was born in Cook County Hospital. Lived south Chicago (8710 Manistee Avenue) until I was 2, then moved to NY. Spent a summer there with my Grand parents when I was 7. It was probably the best summer I spent as a child.

I took a look at google earth and see the house is still standing but the area itself does not look so great. It would be good to go and take a look at the house. Also I have a Uncle in a Springfield area I think it is... Chicago Suburbs. I will have to try to look him up too. Have not spoken to him in years.

I spoke with Marilyn... will get back to her with pricing. Thank you!

Tim

I will be totally honest... Im bummed that PLUS may be toast. I don't see a road show as something do-able for us. Im very hands on with all my business. Not all of them are Internet based... so I have to be on hands. One thing to take a couple of days here and there... but doing a road show, meaning a stretch of cities at one time... would be crazy. Especially the way we do PLUS.

This is one of the many reasons that I don't like the whole "roadshow" idea. Very few (if any) vendors would be able to staff all the show locations. Some vendors might try to make the 1 event closest to their location. The result would be very few vendors at each location.

If you talk to attendees of PLUS '03, '05', or '07 and ask what their favorite things were about the event(s) you almost universally get the same top responses.

1. Meeting everyone and finally putting faces with the names.

2. The vendor room.

3. Classes.

Item 2 is covered above. As for item 1 that will also fall short. With a "roadshow" format you won't have 1 big event where "everyone" will be. In general people would attend the event closest to them. This means the people you get to meet would be the people who you are most likely to meet anyway at a mini PLUS event. The chances of you having the opportunity to meet people way on the other side of the country (which might include your best online PC buddies) would be mostly eliminated. Item 3 would still be a possibility but again the choices would be reduced in a traveling roadshow format. The bottom line is that a roadshow format will never measure up to PLUS.

If this seems negative or offends anyone then I'm sorry. It is simply my opinion.

TED

Ted I agree with you completely.

As a vendor I love sales... I love taking orders and talking to folks about the product you know. And with being a new manufacturer and taking the industry to the next levell regarding quality etc... it really is exciting as a vendor. But we all, be it vendor or attendee... take away from plus something. For each one of us it is different, but Like you said... I think most people I spoke to mentioned meeting people was #1 for them. And it is for me too!

That's why I do PLUS the way I do. Think about it... At PLUS we offer 25% off our prices... Even if we had 25% left in profit (which is rarely the case) but even if it were true... how about all the Promotions... Give-Aways... Cabin Rentals... Open Surf & Turf Dinner.... not to mention the cost for the vendor space at PLUS and expenses to get there... how much of that profit is left? Answer: NONE! PLUS 2005 and PLUS 2007 we took a loss.

Or did we?

I got to meet for the most part an amazing group of people. All different races, backgrounds and walks of life that makes up the PC Community. Some are very close friends now. 2007 was a great PLUS. Even though we took a loss in 2005, we went to PLUS 2007 and did it bigger and better... and rented a cabin so we can have 50+ PC members came over and be a part of our open house Surf and Turf dinner. At the dinner we all got a chance to actually sit and meet with people and talk with friends one on one or as a group. Share good food and drinks amongst friends. Who watched TV or played video games.... who sat on the deck sipping away at a glass of wine? Who cared? LOL For a couple of short hours it seemed to be like a real family reunion. I enjoyed every moment... and i think its safe to say most if not everyone did.

That's what PLUS is to me. The ability to meet great people and make life long friends and memories. Who will forget that in the middle of July... with 80 degree weather... it snowed outside our cabin? :) Who will forget the 12 foot PC Santa in front of the Registration Area? Who will forget the Hula Dance Chuck and others did at PLUS 2005? Those who witnessed it... who will forget Tim F's son honking one of our snoopy inflatables nose?

PLUS allows a lot of us to get together in a small area... to meet and greet, shake hands or share a friendly embrace or teensy kiss on the cheek. To share stories, experiences etc. with those who know and can appreciate the things we all do. Be it selling holiday merchandise or live to decorate with it. In our own way we all are doing it for the same reason... A common cause if you will.

That's what PLUS was about for us. I enjoyed meeting customers, PC members, MHD Members and some of the ABC Members. I enjoyed meeting many of you. Even if we could not vend... be assured if PLUS was to happen again, I would definitely Attend... because even at a loss, plus was a benefitial part of my life and business.

Not sure about the reasons behind PLUS being put on the back burner or taken off the stove all together... but would like to see it happen again I think as a community we need it. If Chuck or anyone was interested in doing it again... I would love the opportunity to assist in the lagistics to make it happen again.

In the mean time... I just don't see a road show as being the answer to PLUS, so I am going to try to make some of the minis. Even if not as a vendor or sponsor... but as an attendee. Hopefully make some new friends or build and support the firendships that already exist.

Tim

You are always welcomed to join 130 of your Holiday decorating friends in Texas for a grand 2 day event affectionately known as the "Lone Star Holidays Academy" It is June 12th and 13th and costs a whopping $35 for two days, 25+ different classes, and two lunches.