How To Remove Frozen Rebar

Not sure where else to put this, the content would be applicable to roughly 2/3 of all the forums we have here.

In any case, because I've seen it asked so many times I decided to make a quick "How To" video for removing rebar stakes from the ground after it freezes up. Next time someone asks feel free to share the you tube link:

Edited by RiscIt

Not sure where else to put this, the content would be applicable to roughly 2/3 of all the forums we have here.

In any case, because I've seen it asked so many times I decided to make a quick "How To" video for removing rebar stakes from the ground after it freezes up. Next time someone asks feel free to share the you tube link:

Thanks for the video and the info on "rubar." It should be useful for many. Up here, the ground freezes so solid and so deep that nothing works, unless you want to use charcoal, which I generally don't think is worth it.

Yeah we've got a couple 4 foot stakes further out on the edge of a very wet field that are locked in solid ice... I'd need some much larger vice grips to get those out. They can wait until spring. I didn't want to over-complicate the video by mentioning those, however.

Edited by RiscIt

thanks for the "HOW TO" i spent about 2 hrs trying to get out 6 peices of rebar this year. Ended up using a torch to heat the rebar until it melted the frozen ground then used vice grips to pull it out.

Cant wait till next year.

scott

I get all of my rebar and large stakes out by just giving them a few good hits with a hammer to drive them in deeper. They pull out just as easy as the vice grip method, and also works with lots of ice built up around them.

- Michael

great another method to try thanks