Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
BuyInflatables.com

PC Santa Inflatables anyone?

Would you be interested in a PC Santa?  

1. 1. Would you be interested in a PC Santa?

• I would by one (1)
    • I would buy more then one (1+)

Hopefully you will be able to make more of these...I never got the chance to get one when they were available...I would like to add one to the collection....

I would buy one.

Here I am leaning away from inflatables BUT because I wanted something in my yard to advertise Planet Christmas I would love have one of these. And since majority of people who drive by like the inflatables that would get the word out about PC.

This would be really great! I too missed the other offering of the Planet Christmas Inflatable and would like to get one if it were to be produced again Tim!

I hope Chuck will agree and maybe he will be able to post a link to the main page for everyone to see if he wants to offer it again this way PC members who do not Frequent the Airblown Forum will see it, because no matter how much people may dislike inflatables I think a few of the haters would jump on this one!!

Plus Chuck could have a good stock for all the new PC members who will show up in the next 2-3 years!!

I hope it gets another production run!!!

I know with the first run... people who did not care for inflatables did buy it last time around just because it's a PC item... and exclusive to PC.

Now the word exclusive is used too much in the inflatable world... and obvioulsy those who use it dont know the meaning of the word... but with PC Santa it is "EXCLUSIVE"... it will not be on Home Depot or other online retailer's websites next year with different wording!!

PC Santa was great before... and will be even better now that it will be a Inflatable Greetings product with the 2 Year Warranty.

Lets get some more people interested in this and we will approach Chuck!!

Thank you

Tim

If this is redone, will consideration be given to a slight modification in the design? I would like to the see the light bulb modified to make it look more like a bulb than a "green thumb". That is all.

Yes, I would buy another and probably give it away as a door prize at a mini.

If this is redone, will consideration be given to a slight modification in the design? I would like to the see the light bulb modified to make it look more like a bulb than a "green thumb". That is all.

Looking at it you are right the Green Bulb could use a little Yellow or Gold fabric with screw in type effect below the Green bulb to make it look more like a bulb... Otherwise its a very nice inflatable.

Tim, are you thinking of redoing him with the new blower, etc?

hey Tim and Dale...

yes we will redesign to have better detail... and we will be using our new blower system... so he will be interchangable... in which case for other holidays you can use the same blower with other skins. And YES the 2 year warranty will still apply even though you will be using it that much more often. :)

Tim

Great! Assuming the new blower is a bit more powerful. Mine worked great when it was new (2005) but is having trouble standing up the last couple of seasons. And at one point this year he didn't work at all - the motor just buzzed. Feeling I had nothing to lose, I kicked the unit really hard and it fired back up :)

It's had 5 seasons so I'm not complaining.

Sorry to hear that Tim about the old one. I did not have control over production of the motor at that time like we do now. For those of you who have problems with your old ones... and you will no longer use them... Cut off the head of the inflatable and send it to us and we will deduct $15 from the cost of a new one for you.

Why cut the head off? because sending back the whole inflatable will cost around $10 or so. The fabric from the head can be put into a envelope and mailed to me for what? $1 or so. In exchange you are getting $15 off a new one. :)

Just discard the old one.

Is that Fair Tim?

Please dont go cutting up your inflatables just yet. Wait until we are sure we are making them again with approval from Chuck. LOL

Tim

Is that Fair Tim?

Very fair. Like I said, I was just thinking that maybe your new motor would last even longer. 5 years is actually better than most of the Gemmy products' lifespans ;)

Very fair. Like I said, I was just thinking that maybe your new motor would last even longer. 5 years is actually better than most of the Gemmy products' lifespans ;)

Hey Gemmy, that was Tim F that said that... Not Tim R. :giggle:

But I totally agree!

If we can entice more people to buy the item then we get more interest... and hopefully check will allow us to produce it again.

This time I want to get an idea of how many people want one and not make too many.

Tim

I agree, the green thumb look just doesn't cut it. ;)

But I like the Santa, if it gets done, count me in! I'll take one too. Aside from the green thumb effect, I like the look of this one.

Hey Tim, how many lights will be inside this guy? Basic standard light bulb or a 10?-20? light string (LED? or Incandescent?) I'd prefer Bright White HD LED's myself. Trying to get away from incandescents all together. But that's me.

Hey!, instead of Santa holding a Green bulb, how about making that a small Christmas Tree with some colored lights on it, or maybe even a large Candy Cane? Either of those would be great for me too.

Edited by LOR-CF

But I like the Santa, if it gets done, count me in! I'll take one too. Aside from the green thumb effect, I like the look of this one.

Hey Tim, how many lights will be inside this guy? Basic standard light bulb or a 10?-20? light string (LED? or Incandescent?) I'd prefer Bright White HD LED's myself. Trying to get away from incandescents all together. But that's me.

Hey!, instead of Santa holding a Green bulb, how about making that a small Christmas Tree with some colored lights on it, or maybe even a large Candy Cane? Either of those would be great for me too.

Clay, this inflatable is based on the old-school PC logo:

RoundPCLogo.JPG

Hence the green light bulb.

Clay, this inflatable is based on the old-school PC logo:

RoundPCLogo.JPG

Hence the green light bulb.

Thanks Steve. Since I wasn't aware of that, I didn't know that. Now I can understand why Santa has that big green bulb, but still looks too much like a big green thumb to me, of course that would be great for a Garden Center display in a retail store or at a Plant/Garden Nursery.

BTW: Maybe Tim can "animate" this fella? Looks like that loop on the logo should be able to rotate around Santa's hips. So we could get some nice hip action to the music in our displays where we'll place him.:giggle: Whatcha think?:rolleyes:

Edited by LOR-CF

Most likely there will be a few C-7 bulbs inside the Santa as with most all inflatables Clay... Of course you could string LED's inside yourself but I think most people like the full lighted effect inside of inflatables that comes from using good ole C-7 incandescents!!

Hey Clay, I got various samples of LED Bulbs to test in our inflatables from Paul over at CDI... but to be honest, I did not think any of them were bright. We tested Some brite white, warm white I think in total 4 different whites and a color changing LED. They did not light up nearly as bright as traditional C-7s did. That was about a year ago... so if they now have brighter C-7 LED's that will work, let me know where to get them. If anyone has a few they want to send us to test, I will send them a fedex pre-paid label and return then when done if needed.

Tim

I use my PC Santa inflatable for this last Christmas 09 display

Me need to add a light in the Bulb for this year display.

Also I been using CLF 4 W Chandelier Bulbs they put out 40-Watt Equivalent :D

I use my PC Santa inflatable for this last Christmas 09 display

Me need to add a light in the Bulb for this year display.

Also I been using CLF 4 W Chandelier Bulbs they put out 40-Watt Equivalent :D

Where do you get that bulb?

Hey Clay, I got various samples of LED Bulbs to test in our inflatables from Paul over at CDI... but to be honest, I did not think any of them were bright. We tested Some brite white, warm white I think in total 4 different whites and a color changing LED. They did not light up nearly as bright as traditional C-7s did. That was about a year ago... so if they now have brighter C-7 LED's that will work, let me know where to get them. If anyone has a few they want to send us to test, I will send them a fedex pre-paid label and return then when done if needed.

Tim

Not sure what the ones I have are, they have a plastic globe over them (strawberry shape I guess you could call it) and look like they could be C6, maybe C7, not sure. But these were store bought (Wal-Mart) last season (2009) and they were very bright. I used them along my Garage Door and outlined the upper and lower candy cane fence line and they could be seen from a good distance.

If they ever stop making incandescents, from all the rumors or what not I've read, heard and seen, what we will do if they really do stop making them and we have to go to LED or some other type lighting? I sure wouldn't want to use CFL's, too darn fragile for use in this type of environment in my opinion!

Anyway, here are some shots of the Candy Cane Fence Line with the White LED's (C6?/C7?) I'm talking about. I think these could possibly work, but like you said, it'd have to be a trial and error to see how they really look inside.

[ATTACH]29423[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]29424[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]29425[/ATTACH]

Edited by LOR-CF

I think the talk about eliminating incancesdents has revolved around standard bulbs. It's my understanding that non-standard bulbs will be spared...

I have no idea if C7's will be considered "non-standard" but a 5w, I can't imagine they're the focus of even the uber-liberal's attention...

I was looking at doing LEDs last year to make the inflatable more energy efficient. So I tested them and did not like the results at all. So maybe these newer LEDs will work... are screw in base or push-in plug type? The screw in base has a resister built into it right? Otherwise... we have to come up with totally new wiring for LED push-in type bulbs.

If anyone has a spare set they would like to sell me so I can take a peek at them here in the warehouse... please PM me. :) My local walmart doesnt have anything Christmas. And while I totally converted my house from reg. minis to LEDs this year ( 108 60 ct sets plus 2 wheels of LEDs from Home Depot)... I dont have anything that would be workable in an inflatable.

Tim