superbowl halftime

That's exactly what I was thinking. I wonder what happens to that equipment after the show. Who ends up with it? It's not like there will be another event like this next week.

Steve

My guess is some company that sets up concert lighting owns the equipment. Of course this is just a guess because I have no idea how it really works. It would be interesting to know how it is done.

Looked like versatubes..... many many dmx universes in that thing. I was thinking that wireless dmx has probably really helped with the quick setup and teardown..

I wonder what the moving heads all the way up at the top of the stadium were? Talk about bright!

I would never have thought twice about that cool effect if I wasn't into animated lighting.

Kind of a curse in a way, because instead of enjoying the show, I was too busy trying to figure out how to keep the snow off it if I had that in my my front yard.:D

I didnt pay attention to the music.. my friends were all laughing at me because they were talking about how old the band was and how they missed lip syncs and such.. and im just like "wow the lights.. i gotts figure out how to build that"...

was wondering if i make it out of Galaxia or something.. if it was DMX it would likely be running Art-Net or such which can handle 256 DMX512 universes.. moving head fixtures will always look brighter on TV cameras but they were neat!

as far as to what happens to the equipment more than likely for a special event like that it was rented.. if the band was on tour and thats part of their normal show then the band would likely own it..

-Christopher

A friends lighing company supplied the Lasers and most of the lighting, I will ask him to give me a bug out sheet and post it, that will give us a detail list of everything used. I have a copy of the action sheet, thats the light board mans cue cover, will try and scan it in today.

I am almost positive I saw a commercial for the TruTV channel that they will be airing a show tonight (monday) about "Behind the scenes" of the superbowl. They might show how they did the lighting and special effects. Just thought I would let you know.

cool! ill have to check that out... funny you have the same avatar here than im using ion my yahoo. :)

-Christopher

mega tree reminds me of the some of the effects the stage.

That has to be the MEGA TREE of all Mega Trees! That was totally awesome. WOW! Would I love to have something like that in my front yard for my display! But can you imagine the cost? 6,000 channels and 2,000 individually controlled RGB LED's sure can't be cheap or even mildly expensive, that tree must've cost a small fortune to do.

I thnik those RGB LED's when they finally get to be inexpensive enough for many of us to purchase, they would definitely help cut down on our time of stringing up several different strings of single color lights. But until those come way, way down in price. I'll stick with the cheapo Wal-Mart and other retail store LED strings for now.

mega tree reminds me of the some of the effects the stage.

it is VERY awesome... I do believe it was made with this project.

http://response-box.com/rgb/

ive been talking to these guys, their product is going to rock when it is fully out... it will be fully DMX / Art-Net compatible.....

I also believe the superbowl-wheel could easily be done with CCR's.. in my yard probably 12 ribbons would do the Job..... if they made a version of the ribbon that was cut in half it would work even better.. as a nice 10 foot diameter might make a neat display element...

-Christopher

Edited by eldoradoboy

it is VERY awesome... I do believe it was made with this project.

http://response-box.com/rgb/

ive been talking to these guys, their product is going to rock when it is fully out... it will be fully DMX / Art-Net compatible.....

I also believe the superbowl-wheel could easily be done with CCR's.. in my yard probably 12 ribbons would do the Job..... if they made a version of the ribbon that was cut in half it would work even better.. as a nice 10 foot diameter might make a neat display element...

-Christopher

I'm sorry but the product you show above in the link was not likely used.

This is the designer the stage show.

"The galvanizing performance was buoyed by the most spectacular stage ever built for a Super Bowl, designed by Bruce Rogers.." (Actually his name is spelled Bruce Rodgers).

He has designed the past few superbowls halftime stages with touring/production company PRG.

SUPER BOWL XLII

PRG uses Color Kenetics products in many of their stage setups. I'll put money on the light strips are LOTS of these

Halftime4_MED.jpg

Hope that was only a $1 bet :)

According to the pro lighting bloggers it was 3200+ Barco Mistrips controlled by a Hippotizer video server. Relatively old news in the "money is no object" world of mega productions...but still pretty impressive for us DIY light guys.