copying a segment

I am doing an animation and I have several segments of a song that repeat. I need to know once I have done the segment exactly how to copy and past that segment later in the sequence. I am using LOR software. I hope you can answer this question for me. I am a newbie as you know by now.

Thanks

Terry

I am doing an animation and I have several segments of a song that repeat. I need to know once I have done the segment exactly how to copy and past that segment later in the sequence. I am using LOR software. I hope you can answer this question for me. I am a newbie as you know by now.

Thanks

Terry

Are you using a .05 timing grid or the tapper (and subdivided) or are your timing marks placed "as needed"?
Highlight the segment you want to copy; click copy; highlight the area you to paste to and click paste.
That might not work so well if he is "free forming" timing marks (e.g. just putting a mark where he wants to either turn something on or off).

Are you using a .05 timing grid or the tapper (and subdivided) or are your timing marks placed "as needed"?

No Timing marks. I am actually redoing a 16 channel sequence I took off LOR.

I probably will have to just do it one segment at a time until I understand it better. I clicked on something and it worked one time and I don't know where the heck I clicked. I also need to know how to play the music from say point a to point b so I don't have to always start the song over to work on the next segment.

Highlight the segment you want to copy; click copy; highlight the area you to paste to and click paste.

I do that thru the first segment but I would like to copy that entire part and paste it in later. Since there is something happening in many channels if I copy it all I and paste it, all channels are the same. I am sure I am confusing you as much as I am confused.

Check in the "Help" screen for paste options. You can paste either based on timing marks or actual time.

You can also copy and paste timing marks as opposed to the actual light controls (fades, on/off, etc)

Note that although the song repeats, the timing may not be exactly the same (i.e. the second verse may be slightly longer than the first). Therefore, you probably want to get your timing marks in place first (either through tapper or beat wizard).

I looked the help section but did not find what I needed. Could I not have all the functions I need because I am using the demo software until I buy the controllers and advanced software. I will study the help some more and see if I can figure out the timeing marks etc.

Thanks

If you have a Freeform Sequence it is easy to do both.

1. If the area has different timing marks then you must delete them first.

2. Select the area you want to put the duplicate and then right mouse button and choice DELETE SELECTED TIMINGS. it will not delete the left and right timing marks in the selected are.

3. Go to the area you want to copy, select the area and channels you want to copy.

4. Then EDIT>COPY TIMING

5. Then EDIT>COPY

5. Go to the area you want to duplicate the timing and light functions.

6. Select the first channel you want to copy your timing and functions.

7. Select EDIT>PASTE TIMINGS. A dialog box comes up and check that the information is correct what you want to do, it should be correct. Click OK

8. Still having the first channel selected do a PASTE and the light functions should fill all the channels.

This might sound complicated but it really is NOT. Just take your time and you will get it.

If you make a mistake do not try to fix it, click the UNDO button until you get to a point you know everything is correct then try again.

It just takes a little practice on a test sequence will help you understand this.

There are other ways this can be done in the sequencer also.

Edited by Dennis Cherry

Guess too many hours at the computer. I spaced the right click, crag and copy. Works like a charm. I do need to know how to play a song from a certain point on the sequence with out going back and playing the entire thing to do a section of my sequence. I tried going into play range and do from and segment to a segment but couldnt get it to work. Any help out there please.

Thanks

Terry

Guess too many hours at the computer. I spaced the right click, crag and copy. Works like a charm. I do need to know how to play a song from a certain point on the sequence with out going back and playing the entire thing to do a section of my sequence. I tried going into play range and do from and segment to a segment but couldnt get it to work. Any help out there please.

Thanks

Terry

Click on the Play tab, then Play Range, and figure out which of those shown is the one you want to use.

Ron

Thanks

Terry

What I use is the "visible screen" option under "Play Range", this only plays the part of the music track that is shown on your monitor, depending on if you have the sequencing window minimized or maximized will affect how and what part of the music is played. I maximize my sequence editing and use the visible screen to play only that part of the sequence I am working on, works great, but does get monotonous after awhile when listening to the same section over and over a million times or more (or so it seems!):giggle:

Have fun!