my new wireframe pics

that is exactly what it is, santa laying down with a bum leg, i really don't know as of yet how to incorporate it into our display but for what i got it for i am gonna figure something out, the orthopedic center i got it from was just wanting to get rid of it was taking up too much room,, so i helped them out... i thought about grandma got ran over by a reindeer but santa doesn't look to much like grandma though... still plenty of time to figure something out..

the fourth picture on my first post is the first 2 segments of our super sized snowman, we are having custom made led strands made as we speak for him we are going to try and make his "snowball" segments spin kinda like a mega tree would but with the snowballs instead, i think it will look really neat when done, if it all works out the way i want it to, the snowman itself is 14 ft tall and it will be one of our main elements of our show this year, i will keep everyone posted as soon as i get the leds in from christmas-leds.com, valerie and i have been working on this thing since day after christmas will keep everyone posted with progress

• 1 month later...

Interesting. What is the one in the 3rd picture in first post?

It looks like Santa lying on a hospital bed with a cast on his leg elevated by a crane type contraption:eek:.

That's not a crane. Have you guys never seen someone in traction? It's like when a person has a broken leg and it has to be pulled on for the bone to set properly. There is a bar that runs above the bed. A pulley is attached to the bar. A rope with a weight on the end goes through the pulley and is attached to the broken leg. Once the bone is aligned properly the patient is take out of traction and a cast is put on just like any other broken bone.

TED

Edited by TED

Great frames! Maybe you can get a sign built with the words "WIPEOUT." And have a spilled over sleigh, like there had been a wreck with a new reindeer, ran into a megatree or ran into the side of the house.

I was thinking something similar. The frames might work for some kind of an "after the big sleigh crash" scene. The elf on crutches is obviously Rudolph (red nose) so I don't know if he could be considered a "new" reindeer. ;)

There was a guy here who for several years did a santa crashing scene in his yard. Each year it became more elaborate. It started out simple. The first year was just a santa that had fallen off the chimney onto the roof and spilled his presents. It was hilarious! (It was not done with wireframes. It was done with stuffed figures of some type.) The next year there were reindeer on the peak of the roof with santa hanging off the roof. Then one year the guy had santa who had fallen off the roof onto the ground, his empty sleigh on the roof, and a female elf dressed in a "sexy" pink santa suit standing on the roof nearby. I think he used a real mannequin for the girl elf. Every time I saw it thought of the caption "Mrs. Claus was not at all happy with Santa's new "helper" so she pushed him off the roof"! (I tried to take a picture but it did not come out very good.) The final year he had the sleigh crashed into a tree in the yard like he didn't quite make it to the roof.

TED

post-306-129571207001_thumb.jpg

post-306-129571207013_thumb.jpg