Earthquake near Chicago

Carrie,

I know the one we had down here in Southern Illinois a little over a year ago could be felt up in the Chicago area also. I know it woke me up and I got out of bed because I knew exactly what it was, even though I had never actually felt an earthquake before. Exciting and scary all at the same time.

Kenny

Its all the blow molds in that area putting to much pressure on the earth. To keep them safe better start sending to various locations around the country. LOL

I think your right, you should come get all my Christmas ones as soon as you can and take them to Iowa. How about Saturday around 10am. :giggle:

we get little ones like that in ohio too every now and then.. my brother who works at the seismic center in alaska says it is normal and good for areas in the mid west to jiggle a little.. I guess there are quite a few minor faults in the area and when they jiggle, means tension is relieved from those plates...

-Christopher

Carrie,

I know the one we had down here in Southern Illinois a little over a year ago could be felt up in the Chicago area also. I know it woke me up and I got out of bed because I knew exactly what it was, even though I had never actually felt an earthquake before. Exciting and scary all at the same time.

Kenny

Kenny, that is exactly the one I referred to in my first post here. I knew what it was too, had felt them before, but that one was strong. The New Madrid fault likes to do its thing every so often. But the funny thing is, so many people in Illinois are unaware that that fault even exists. :)

Kenny, that is exactly the one I referred to in my first post here. I knew what it was too, had felt them before, but that one was strong. The New Madrid fault likes to do its thing every so often. But the funny thing is, so many people in Illinois are unaware that that fault even exists. :)

Fill it in with pizza.:D

I didn't feel anything...I saw ABC morning new's status update in my news feed on Facebook before school today (had to check if we had a snow day) and they mentioned earthquake. I thought they were talking about Haiti...and then 99.5 talked about it on the morning show.

Apparently dogs can feel earthquakes?!