Franks Mighty Mini LED lights!

Good point. I did not include a picture of the finished controller. I was able to use the standard waterproof enclosure that you use with the LOR controllers. I placed a power supply and controller in the box. I have attached a picture that should help. I attached the controller to the top of the power supply using standoff insulators and attached the power supply to the back of the enclosure. Make sure that you do not short any portion of the controller board to the top of the metal power supply case. I have attached a picture. When I get a chance, in the next several weeks, I will update my "how to" on my website. If anyone else has suggested changes, please let me know.

Jim

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good point. I did not include a picture of the finished controller. I was able to use the standard waterproof enclosure that you use with the LOR controllers. I placed a power supply and controller in the box. I have attached a picture that should help. I attached the controller to the top of the power supply using standoff insulators and attached the power supply to the back of the enclosure. Make sure that you do not short any portion of the controller board to the top of the metal power supply case. I have attached a picture. When I get a chance, in the next several weeks, I will update my "how to" on my website. If anyone else has suggested changes, please let me know.

Jim

Thanks for uploading that picture. It TOTALLY helps out a lot! But I still have a few questions.

Are the 4 Cat5 wires going to 4 separate lights? If they are, are the ends of those wires connected to each channel like they should be (ie. red- channel 1, blue- channel 2, etc.)? Is there a male (or female) Cat5 connector coming from the MM itself that will plug into the connectors coming from the controller? As for the power supply, I take it that it is wired ONLY to the controller and nothing else.

PS. could you take a close up of the finished assembly (just the controller and the power supply) so I can see better how they are connected?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for uploading that picture. It TOTALLY helps out a lot! But I still have a few questions.

Are the 4 Cat5 wires going to 4 separate lights? If they are, are the ends of those wires connected to each channel like they should be (ie. red- channel 1, blue- channel 2, etc.)? Is there a male (or female) Cat5 connector coming from the MM itself that will plug into the connectors coming from the controller? As for the power supply, I take it that it is wired ONLY to the controller and nothing else.

PS. could you take a close up of the finished assembly (just the controller and the power supply) so I can see better how they are connected?

Anyone got a pic?

OK: Hi all. I have rewritten paragraphs 7 and 8 and added a new paragraph on the final installation. To download the new "How To", go to the "How To" section of my website at www.wrightslights.info and download the new PDF file that is dated today (9/22/2010). I have to admit that I hurried the publishing of the previous document and left out some of the final information. Hopefully I have now corrected that. If you have any other suggestions, I will be happy to make the changes. Have a great Christmas.