enclosure group buy?

Actually I do an annual large (group) purchase of Primex P-136 enclosures (http://primex.ca/large_products/telecom/enclosures/P136.htm). The ones I get are the same form factor as the ones LOR and D-Light sells, but they are not made with the fire-retardent material, just straight-up PVC. I'm not interested in a debate over the differences - I'm buying what I'm buying 'cause that's what I use.

I've never advertised this before outside my local (Texas) area because I didn't think the reshipping costs would make the deal worthwhile, but if there's enough need in geographically concentrated areas I might consider including others.

I will be running the group buy in March, for late April delivery.

Fabian

Hey Guys,

I have 2 of these. Wonder if you can get them any cheaper? Over in the DIY section...there was a thread on enclosures. I honestly will probably do some of their examples next time.

http://www.yourbroadbandstore.com/product.php?pid=706098

I think these are the same enclosures that I am familiar with. It says you can get them for $8.57 each if you buy more than 5. I'm willing to bet that shipping would be a larger savings with a larger order. For those of us around KC or those planning to come to HAM-Plus, we could pick them up then. That way there wouldn't be ANY secondary shipping cost. I might order a few more and replace the enclosures I have currently. I'd probably be in the market for about 6 or so.

Actually I do an annual large (group) purchase of Primex P-136 enclosures (http://primex.ca/large_products/telecom/enclosures/P136.htm). The ones I get are the same form factor as the ones LOR and D-Light sells, but they are not made with the fire-retardent material, just straight-up PVC. I'm not interested in a debate over the differences - I'm buying what I'm buying 'cause that's what I use.

I've never advertised this before outside my local (Texas) area because I didn't think the reshipping costs would make the deal worthwhile, but if there's enough need in geographically concentrated areas I might consider including others.

I will be running the group buy in March, for late April delivery.

Fabian

Do you have a price for these, or is it based on quantity ordered? I agree I like these for the LOR, but I could use the other for my SSR's. I guess I might buy some of each.

Hi Guys,

I also plan to attend HAM. So, keep me in mind when you are getting close to ordering. I would be interested in a couple of those that are hot linked to "Yourbroadbandstore". The 12x12x5" is what I have my current 4 controllers mounted in. And saving a few bucks is nice, but if I have to, will go it alone to get two of those units.

So, let me know what you plan and if it works out, I'll get two and pick them up at HAM.

Thanks

Max

Do you have a price for these, or is it based on quantity ordered? I agree I like these for the LOR, but I could use the other for my SSR's. I guess I might buy some of each.

I use them for all kinds of things that need to be enclosed. Budget $18 at this point - actual pricing varies with certain market conditions as they exist at the time the order is locked in. Last year came in at about $17.50.

Fabian

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bill! These are perfect for my DMX dimmer packs for Halloween. I've been searching for something big like this for a while. Just picked up five of them. Maybe one day I'll switch over to LOR...

Nice meeting you this past weekend!

-Drew

OK, I looked around and yourbroadbandstore was the best deal for what I was looking for. They had free shipping and I figured it up, I needed 7 enclosures for my A/C8's 3 for my A/C16 and D/C 16s and two for fireflis. That was 12. :D I decided I was my own group buy so I went ahead and ordered. I got a couple of extras just in case so if anyone is coming to HAM and needs a couple I may sell a few. Don't count me in for any other buys, I think I have all I need. :giggle: