They finally arrived!

Orville Fugitte

Yes, my lone Pumpkin Head Ghost now has family, his 3 brothers finally arrived late Wednesday evening (02/17/2010) after a long hiatus and a few issues, they have finally arrived.

When I got home there they were, waiting for me inside the door, still sealed up all nice and neat in their plastic bags inside the box.

So I took them out, removed the bags, poor fellas were gasping for air!:rolleyes: And thoroughly checked them over, very nice. The one thing I did do to them is shorten the cord between the head and shoulder sockets and add another(3rd) C7 light socket to the cord so I could illuminate the bottom of these spooks. BTW: the first one in the photo, far left, was the first one I received and he has some dirt inside, this is why he looks a little darker in some spots, I am still working on cleaning out his interior, which isn't easy through those 3 little light socket holes!

Here are the photos' of all 4 Pumpkin Head Blowmold Ghosts:

Edited by LOR-CF

And here are the Noel Candles that have also been modified to accept a total of 4 C7 bulbs, new cord and sockets were installed as well as drilling out the 3 new holes for the sockets and one very small hole for the cord to pass through from inside the candle from the flame tip to outside and down the back to the other 3 sockets.

I know some people will go, OMG, you drilled out a blowmold to add lights, why did you do that?

Well I tried mounting a board inside with the lamps, guess what? You couldn't get it inside with the light bulbs in the sockets! They'd go in fine without the bulbs screwed in, neighbor even cut me down some plexi glass to try, we still had the same issue, where the flame pushes into the top of the candle stalk, the hole is just not big enough and I wasn't about to open that hole up, as the candles already have small splits in the seam there. Opening that hole would no longer allow the flame to fit or seat properly.

Now to illuminate the "NOEL" on the candles, which was my main objective, the only option left was to drill out holes for the sockets and cord. No one will ever see the back anyway, so it's not a big deal (at least not to me). I know there are some that will think I did a horrible thing by doing this, but, hey, they're mine, I have no intent on ever selling them. So, yeppers, I drilled 'em out! :eek:

See photo's below for how they look lit. One of the candle stalks is a little darker in color, hence the difference in why one doesn't look as bright as the other, as all the C7 bulbs are of the same type (7W nite lite type).

The one on the right I believe has actually been washed out by being out in the sun for long periods and why it is so much lighter than the one to the left.

Here's the photo's:

Edited by LOR-CF

Those would look bright even in a lit room lol They will be killer bright outside in the dark! I bought a bunch of 5 bulb clip in strings just for that purpose! But I havent used them for that lol I just use them to light 5 seperate little molds : )

Jim

Jim, believe it or not, those photo's were taken in a very well lit room, 3 CFL Sunlight Bulbs in the ceiling fan just above them. So they do show up very nice, even under these bright CFL lights I had on. They're going to look fantastic by the front door. Our front door is recessed under a small porch and it is DARK in there when no lights are on, even from our porch lamps it's sometimes hard to see after dark to get your key in the locks to open the door!

I basically made up my own strings for these using the clip on C7 sockets and white lamp cord. I was hoping to find brown or black, but settled on the white since that's what was available, didn't really want the cord with a switch on it, but, again, had to settle for what I could find!

I'm glad you got them and it worked out for you. I like your light modifications. I've done that with several different blow molds as I like to have them evenly lit. (sorry blow mold purists)

Yes, that's why I bought a bag of 50 clip on C7 sockets. I've already modified these guys and a small snowman that only had one light in his (still say it's a snowwoman! LOL) chest and just barely lit the head and body. Once I drilled out a hole in the head and body, added the 2 sockets and C7 bulbs, now it looks fantastic and lights evenly.

Something I also prefer in my blowmolds, even and full lighting!

Although the candles I just got in from Joe won't get drilled out as they have a larger opening that I can put in a drilled template containing C7 bulbs to light the stalks if I choose to do so with them. Wouldn't have drilled these if that would have worked, but it didn't, so I did what I had to do to light them like I wanted.

Guest Matilda

I'm glad you got them and it worked out for you. I like your light modifications. I've done that with several different blow molds as I like to have them evenly lit. (sorry blow mold purists)

I'm with you! LOL I bought a ton of the three-bulb light cords from Buddy when he had them... I put them in a ton of things!! :D

And here are the Noel Candles that have also been modified to accept a total of 4 C7 bulbs, new cord and sockets were installed as well as drilling out the 3 new holes for the sockets and one very small hole for the cord to pass through from inside the candle from the flame tip to outside and down the back to the other 3 sockets.

I know some people will go, OMG, you drilled out a blowmold to add lights, why did you do that?

Well I tried mounting a board inside with the lamps, guess what? You couldn't get it inside with the light bulbs in the sockets! They'd go in fine without the bulbs screwed in, neighbor even cut me down some plexi glass to try, we still had the same issue, where the flame pushes into the top of the candle stalk, the hole is just not big enough and I wasn't about to open that hole up, as the candles already have small splits in the seam there. Opening that hole would no longer allow the flame to fit or seat properly.

Now to illuminate the "NOEL" on the candles, which was my main objective, the only option left was to drill out holes for the sockets and cord. No one will ever see the back anyway, so it's not a big deal (at least not to me). I know there are some that will think I did a horrible thing by doing this, but, hey, they're mine, I have no intent on ever selling them. So, yeppers, I drilled 'em out! :eek:

See photo's below for how they look lit. One of the candle stalks is a little darker in color, hence the difference in why one doesn't look as bright as the other, as all the C7 bulbs are of the same type (7W nite lite type).

The one on the right I believe has actually been washed out by being out in the sun for long periods and why it is so much lighter than the one to the left.

Here's the photo's:

Clay, I have candles just like that. I've had them for a long time although I haven't used them in a few years. I did the EXACT same thing with mine. They were just too dark before.

Guest A.F.NUT

Well I'm glad they finally came! I think I need a set next! I can't wait to see what you do with them in the display. I thought I would mention too, when your dealing with multiple socket type molds run your cord inside the mold, it makes for a much neater looking mold from all sides and then it dosen't matter what color the cord, or if it has a switch because most times it will be inside the mold. I just did it with my candle bunnies, started from the top taped the butterfly clip tightl to the socket and ran it down pulled it out the next hole, I then use my round file to notch out a spot in the the bottom so the plug can be replaced. I do this with all my candy canes lolly pops etc. Just a thought, Tom

Guest Matilda

Well I'm glad they finally came! I think I need a set next! I can't wait to see what you do with them in the display. I thought I would mention too, when your dealing with multiple socket type molds run your cord inside the mold, it makes for a much neater looking mold from all sides and then it dosen't matter what color the cord, or if it has a switch because most times it will be inside the mold. I just did it with my candle bunnies, started from the top taped the butterfly clip tightl to the socket and ran it down pulled it out the next hole, I then use my round file to notch out a spot in the the bottom so the plug can be replaced. I do this with all my candy canes lolly pops etc. Just a thought, Tom

Can you say OCD?

Guest A.F.NUT

I do the same as Tom.

It does look much neater and the bulbs are less likely to fall out from the weight of the snow on the cords.

Thanks so much! See Matilda we know how to do it right!

Tom

I do the same as Tom.

It does look much neater and the bulbs are less likely to fall out from the weight of the snow on the cords.

Well we don't get snow where I am. :giggle:

But the Blowmolds could FLOAT away with all the rainstorms that we sometimes get, or turn into a melted

mess from a lightning strike, since Florida is the lightning capital of the world, or so I've heard.

Or maybe even get sucked up in a Huricane!:eek:

But snow, don't got to worry about that here.:P

And Tom, love the idea of cords inside, but once I had one of those darn sockets fall inside a blowmold, I liked to never got the dang thing back out again. Took me almost 2 hours to get that darn thing out of one of those liht holes!

So I think I'll stick with my cords running tightly down their backs.;)

And here are my newest additions thanks to Joe! (buckeyelights) - hope I got that right...

Two 38" Red Noel Candles that use an standard 25 watt incandescent bulb to light the flame. Although I used 7.5 watt night light bulbs with a standard base I found at Walgreen's on sale for 2/$5.00 and they worked perfectly too.

These modifications ARE NO DRILL and NO DAMAGE to the blowmold whatsoever. Cords are inside as are the 6 C7 lights on a fixture I made for the Gold Noel Candles, but didn't work, drilled out 4 more holes on the board for 4 C7 sockets, wired them up and here is the results.

This is what I can an E-Z Removal(see last photo) that allows me to put the blowmold back to its original condition and noone would ever know the candlesticks were ever lit!

Here are the photos: BTW: the one candle that looks like you see the shadows of cords inside, those are not cords, those are paint drips where I guess someone at some time may have done a repaint or tried to touch up the insides and the paint dripped down the candlestick a bit thick and hence the shadow effect from it. All the cords are behind the C7 light fixture and completely in the shadow of the wooden fixture.

Edited by LOR-CF

Guest Matilda

Well we don't get snow where I am. :giggle:

But the Blowmolds could FLOAT away with all the rainstorms that we sometimes get, or turn into a melted

mess from a lightning strike, since Florida is the lightning capital of the world, or so I've heard.

Or maybe even get sucked up in a Huricane!:eek:

But snow, don't got to worry about that here.:P

And Tom, love the idea of cords inside, but once I had one of those darn sockets fall inside a blowmold, I liked to never got the dang thing back out again. Took me almost 2 hours to get that darn thing out of one of those liht holes!

So I think I'll stick with my cords running tightly down their backs.;)

That's right! You tell 'em!! LOL

That Tom sure is a know-it-all!! ;);)

(I'm just teasing... I'm just too lazy to run the cords inside! LOL)

Guest A.F.NUT

That's right! You tell 'em!! LOL

That Tom sure is a know-it-all!! ;);)

(I'm just teasing... I'm just too lazy to run the cords inside! LOL)

That's ok I have been called worse, I shall add it to the list... a high and mighty negative big shot know it all. I quit! LOL

Tom

That's ok I have been called worse, I shall add it to the list... a high and mighty negative big shot know it all. I quit! LOL

Tom

Yeah...and she lumped me into the category too. Just because we put our wires inside the mold (where they belong) Whew..tough room. :D

I guess we are just 2 know it alls who know nothing. lol

Guest Matilda

I like the blue bow on the bunny candle. I have 2 of them and they came with 3 lights in em and not 2 like yours. :confused:

Ahhh... but the question is... do you put the cords on the inside or the outside? :giggle:

Inside if I'm Bored enough, but if I'm not bored to tears then they stay outside. But I do think the molds look better with the cords on the inside. I have OCD with all my Gen Foam molds larger molds. I drill out the small bottom hole and run the cord out that hole insted of the slit in the light plate. I cant stand that. Drives me nuts. I have also painted most of them to match the mold color like the old time Empire do.