Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
paul sessel

CDI LED Order

Paul,

Depending on the shipping date will depend on where the remainder of my payment will come from. Is there any way you could flag my account instead of automatically charging the card that you have on file?

Thanks,

Ian

Call me 800-733-9617 and I can give you an estimate of when it will ship.

First 40 foot container is due here on Monday with a 20 footer the next week. That will be all the LED strings and the strobes. We will get anyone with just those items filled and shipped this month.

Hi Paul,

Ok if I am understanding you correctly. This wil not include things like C9 retros or the C9 strings (500' of 12" space C9 string on a roll)? And if not, when if you know might we see these items. I suppose a better question is. What is still out there product wise and when do you expect those items to arrive.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Ok if I am understanding you correctly. This wil not include things like C9 retros or the C9 strings (500' of 12" space C9 string on a roll)? And if not, when if you know might we see these items. I suppose a better question is. What is still out there product wise and when do you expect those items to arrive.

Thanks

The retro LED bulbs are shipping from China around 4/20 - the last two containers (inc. mini's, zip cord and spools, inc. C lamps will ship from China about 5/1. It will take about 30 days from China shipping until we receive and get them out the door. So all orders will be shipped by early June at the latest.

Wow...That ended up being the faster boat from China for just shipping about March 24th or so. Paul, with like 20 some cases of lights will they ship once you have them or will they wait to go until that container with Zip comes in in June since I do have one spool and a bunch of plugs on the order as well? Thanks.

Lenny

Wow...That ended up being the faster boat from China for just shipping about March 24th or so. Paul, with like 20 some cases of lights will they ship once you have them or will they wait to go until that container with Zip comes in in June since I do have one spool and a bunch of plugs on the order as well? Thanks.

Lenny

Lenny, in order to save you paying shipping (twice), I would usually ship it as one order when it is complete. If you want some items ahead as they come in, give us a call and we can try to make it happen.

Edited by paul sessel
correction

June 1st or there abouts should be fine Paul. Are the dripping tubes in this first batch also then?

Lenny

No - they are from a different MFG and will be on one of the last two containers.

OK - the first forty footer is unpacked, put up and about 25 orders have been filled and shipped. Next week we will be getting a 20 footer with the remaining strings and strobes and a bunch of people will be getting their orders ASAP.

For those of us planning on picking up our orders, will we be notified by e-mail? Called? What's the plan? I'm not really in any hurry, I know the retros are still on their way, but when they do get here how will we know?

For those of us planning on picking up our orders, will we be notified by e-mail? Called? What's the plan? I'm not really in any hurry, I know the retros are still on their way, but when they do get here how will we know?

Did you think we would keep it a secret? We will call/E-mail you and let you know when they are ready.

Did you think we would keep it a secret? We will call/E-mail you and let you know when they are ready.

Paul, you can keep it a secret from Zach...make him sweat a little... "Order, what order....I think those lights got lost in transit"....LOL

Mr. UPS came by around noon today! I sniffed the boxes and they smelled like fried rice!

LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. That was very funny.

Still laughing....

The last of all my pre-orders arrived today, around 9000 of them this afternoon :cool: - TY Paul

In receiving my strobes, I had no idea they were that big! Holy cow! I was thinking they'd be like little night light size bulbs...LOL...Well, its time to finalize wrapping the trees/arches. Still way ahead of my planned schedule. I should be able to start working on Halloween within the next few weeks or so...

Have to say this has been a lot of work! And fun :o

Got mine yesterday. I haven't read the whole thread, but it looks like the design has changed from last year. Last year the rectifier was in the plug. The ones I got yesterday are back to the previous year when they were in the wire. I like these better.

Last year when I wrapped my trees I needed a bunch of the three outlet connectors because I could not daisy chain them together.