Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
jasonnlexky

lighting

Try some websites with lights. There are quite few out there. Just do a search on google. Sometimes you will come across some on here if somebody has some to sell. If you are looking for something specific, start a thread saying what you are looking for.

There was also talk about doing a group buy from a supplier in China. I looked into it myself but don't think I will do anything. Good luck!

Where can you find mini lights and leds off season with all the retailer running out didnt have time to stock up for this year.:santasmileyitty:

Look in the Indiana section or Ohio section.

I have been getting led's from china for years, It took me a few years to find a good company and now a great friend in the supplier, the lights are a grade and there Led rope lights are out of this world, super brite, The string led's are 100's and range from $3.80usd a set to $5.90 a set and the Led rope lights range from $110 for 100 metres to $260

There email address is [email protected] and the gentlemans name is Frank. You can order all year round

Im in Australia and after i have ordered they are on my door step 3 days later so Im happy with that heres there web address as well http://www.szlby.cn

So i hope this helps you out

Regards XmasBull:santasmileyitty:

Tell me more about the product. Are they sealed or replaceable, Do they offer different styles.

Thanks,

I have been getting led's from china for years, It took me a few years to find a good company and now a great friend in the supplier, the lights are a grade and there Led rope lights are out of this world, super brite, The string led's are 100's and range from $3.80usd a set to $5.90 a set and the Led rope lights range from $110 for 100 metres to $260

There email address is [email protected] and the gentlemans name is Frank. You can order all year round

Im in Australia and after i have ordered they are on my door step 3 days later so Im happy with that heres there web address as well http://www.szlby.cn

I too am interested to hear more details about your experience with these. Style, quality, quantity required to purchase, etc. Have an pictures of your house and/or the lights?

If you Give me your email address's i can send you some still photos of these lights and a 22 foot mega tree. we havnt gone high tech yet so i can not really post a video of what they are. We will be this year though.

I can say that these lights are great and bright so, I have been ripped off before from other companys with dud lights and this company is good and have been using them for years

Regards

XmasBull:santasmileyitty:

If you Give me your email address's i can send you some still photos of these lights and a 22 foot mega tree. we havnt gone high tech yet so i can not really post a video of what they are. We will be this year though.

I can say that these lights are great and bright so, I have been ripped off before from other companys with dud lights and this company is good and have been using them for years

Regards

Can you just post the pictures here? I'd love to see also.

There's a picture of Harrah's (in Atlantic City) on there website. I guess they use them as well...

http://www.szlby.cn/enews/news_detail.php?newsid=13

[ATTACH]30682[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30683[/ATTACH]

Im still learning how to use the site so here are some photos of the leds

Regards

XmasBull

You can order all year round

What kind of minimum order are they requiring. As of right now, they are not shipping samples out.

Im still learning how to use the site so here are some photos of the leds

Regards

XmasBull

I doubt XmasBull will mind if I post a few more pics he emailed me. They are an interesting bulb/string design (not what I am used to seeing from local stores anyways).

attachment.php?attachmentid=30685&stc=1&d=1268443053

attachment.php?attachmentid=30686&stc=1&d=1268443053

I would be interested in knowing how well these dim. I would also like to see close up pictures of the strings.

I know someone tried to post a couple pictures, but didn't seem to work.

Thanks.

11032010(002).jpg (36.3 KB) 11032010(003).jpg

I hope these photos will help

To your answer ChrisL1076 about order amount i order about 50 string lights and 50 net lights, I have also ordered 1- 50mtr rope light. As for freight/shipping might be cheaper for you than me.

11032010(002).jpg (36.3 KB) 11032010(003).jpg

I hope these photos will help

To your answer ChrisL1076 about order amount i order about 50 string lights and 50 net lights, I have also ordered 1- 50mtr rope light. As for freight/shipping might be cheaper for you than me.

Am i missing it but i cannot find a link to order or see pricing :confused:

Am i missing it but i cannot find a link to order or see pricing :confused:

You have to email him and ask for a list. They are currently not sending out any samples either.

I have quite a few of these strands. May not be this vendor but they are made the same. Biggest problem I had with them is they have a multi function controller on them. I de-soldered the controllers and then attached the wires directly to the plugs. They worked great that way, shimmered, faded, etc

The wire is clear and looks more like speaker wire. The first sets I bought the clear wire started turning brown the 3rd year, but lights still worked fine and are very bright.

I didn't use these this last year because after reading more about LED lights I was worried not using the controllers was a bit risky.

When I ordered the came pre-wired for 220v and came with an plug adapter that allowed you to plug them into our 110 outlets.

I hope this helps.

Sorry one more thing.

They are not end to end connectors. Strings are about 30 ft long (10m) with 100 lights.

If you needs to string them in longer sections your will need to make your own cord with vampire plugs to connect the next string when the first ends