Frozen to the Ground

judyindisguise

Guest Matilda

OK... here it is in a nutshell... I know for a FACT there are many wonderful 'blowmolders' who do not post here because of this nonsense. The blowmold forum is all but crippled at this point.

There is an 'underground' network of lovely people who communicate via private messages, emails and telephone calls. We're just tired of posting on here because of the negative atmosphere.

I mean... it's time to start talking about the elephant that is in the room...

So I'll go first. There are many of us who are tired of all the disparaging comments thrown in the directions of 'blowmolders'.

Soooooo... instead of being told to 'not be offended' or 'get use to the situation'. I am hereby suggesting... no... ASKING that members think carefully about what type of atmosphere they are creating for the blowmolders here on PC.

Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully,

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for your advice. I will react to it the way many have before me... which unfortunately is to participate in these forums less and less...

Perhaps it is time for the 'situation' around here to change? Just a thought...

OK... here it is in a nutshell... I know for a FACT there are many wonderful 'blowmolders' who do not post here because of this nonsense. The blowmold forum is all but crippled at this point.

There is an 'underground' network of lovely people who communicate via private messages, emails and telephone calls. We're just tired of posting on here because of the negative atmosphere.

I mean... it's time to start talking about the elephant that is in the room...

So I'll go first. There are many of us who are tired of all the disparaging comments thrown in the directions of 'blowmolders'.

Soooooo... instead of being told to 'not be offended' or 'get use to the situation'. I am hereby suggesting... no... ASKING that members think carefully about what type of atmosphere they are creating for the blowmolders here on PC.

Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully,

claps.gif?t=1267400803claps.gif?t=1267400803claps.gif?t=1267400803

cheers.gif?t=1267400770

Good post Matilda. It's quite unfortunate that time have come to where they are, among other things. Hopefuly, one day, there will not be this problem any more and the underground members can come out again.

Speaking of which, c-ya in PMs!

Guest A.F.NUT

I'm saying I can't help you in your quest to change the situation, because I don't feel I've ever openly bashed the molders, even in fun. (I've made a few jokes about people posting their ebay bidding, etc but I certainly wouldn't consider that offensive)

I was merely suggesting that you not take things so seriously. If you cannot do that, then you'll either have to try to change the world, or, as you suggest, leave these forums. It's hard to change the world, and I don't think you need to leave, so I was suggesting you just have fun with it like most of the other molders do. Carrie is a good example...

All my comments are meant to be constructive, not argumentative

No I don't think you have bashed the molders in fun. But I know for a fact so many others have! You say just have fun with it? Fun with what? We are tired of being made fun of. It's not funny! Most of the other molders are not having fun with it, they are dealing with it, putting up with it and tired of it! This is one of the reasons nobody is posting much lately. They say it is in fun it's not, They just say it is to sneak by the rules. I and many others don't think it is in funny at all, we have all seen it in the other threads. We are not laughing! I am not comfortable leaving the blowmold forum because of it, we have been labled. I don't feel welcome in the other parts of PC. You say Carrie is a good example? I don't think so, I have saw her posts in other threads I know she has been disgusted with it also. I also miss her posts! There is a lot going around here lately, and a lot of hurt angry and annoyed folks in blowmold land. It has been building for a while. Many are slowly stopping with their posts and simply lurking it's only a matter of time before they stop lurking and give up. And I know many are at that point!

Tom

I love them too! There are a few groups, Those that love them and those that hate them. There is no in between it seems. And then those that won't admit they love them and have them. And they like to give us a hard time. I think their just jealous because we know how to have fun with them!

Tom

Umm, I think I fall in here. I have some arriving. I don't hate them and I don't love them. I do like them in a display, but my display will not be overloaded with them.

I think with the "blinker" crowd its like the military..don't ask, don't tell. They don't want to admit to liking molds..let alone owning them! So they try to remain in the closet..but I have gotten two of them semi-converted..and I'll never stop! :giggle:

No comment :rolleyes:

In recent weeks, there were a few people on PC who had taken the molder bashing and teasing over the edge. They were PMed, by me, on more than one occasion and their posts were deleted. It was made abundantly clear that constant insults are NOT funny and the behavior stopped.

I believe in my heart that there is no real malice or "hate"..but some of the jokes did go too far and I personally reacted in a very negative way to it.

We all have differing levels of sensitivity. Blow molders are no exception to this. There has been more than one time where I was angered and insulted by some of the remarks that have been posted about molders and blow molds. In my usual style, I PMed the individuals..and discovered that they really meant no harm. They were shocked to discover that I was as angry and insulted as I was. Those situations were resolved; happily, in a very amicable manner.

I do find it odd, however, that few remarks are directed at those that enjoy or collect wooden cut outs, wireframes, and inflatables. And God help anyone that takes a pot shot at the blinkers. ;)

Everyone on PlanetChristmas has an absolute right and is encouraged to post in any forum and as many forums as they choose. The blow mold forum is no exception. Others, even though they may not be "molders" do have a right to post here in respect to molds. But, be that as it may, respect is of paramount importance.

Over the past month, I have deleted more posts and edited out more comments in this forum than I have in the past 6 months. That tells me a great deal.

PlanetChristmas is our home. We all must get along with each other. I will continue to heavily edit or delete comments that are inappropriate and will contact those individuals as these modifications are made as I have always done.

This forum is unique. Blow molds are a highly sought after commodity by many of us. Those that do not participate here on a regular basis or do not understand the attraction might wish to spend more time reading. I respect everyone's tastes although I may not share their enthusiasm for a particular type of display or display element.

Gentle teasing among friends is not an issue..we all do it with those we are comfortable with. But teasing strangers that I do not ordinarily have contact with is something I would not do..and others should perhaps heed that advice.

Back to removing molds from frozen ground.

Thanks Carrie as always a clear post!

I do find it odd, however, that few remarks are directed at those that enjoy or collect wooden cut outs, wireframes, and inflatables. And God help anyone that takes a pot shot at the blinkers. ;)

I'm more of a fading-blinker, but pot shots will not bother me. I will just take them in stride, and will probably respond back with a joke. I think my current avatar speaks for my philosophy ("Heavy sarcasm may be present"). If I have ever offended anyone, please accept my deepest apology as I did not mean any disrespect and I truly respect molders.

Judy,

I believe Tim's idea with water will work fine. It will not damage the grass and not damage the mold. If the ice is too think, I guess there's always the hammer ;)

Edited by indytycoon

Guest A.F.NUT

Thanks Carrie as always a clear post!

I'm more of a fading-blinker, but pot shots will not bother me. I will just take them in stride, and will probably respond back with a joke. I think my current avatar speaks for my philosophy ("Heavy sarcasm may be present"). If I have ever offended anyone, please accept my deepest apology as I did not mean any disrespect and I truly respect molders.

Judy,

And I am more than a molder. We all have our specialty, and most of us do a little of everything. I guess the thing is why does anyone need to take pot shots? I like blowmolds, I like wireframes and cutouts. I admire those that do the blinky displays. I would like to do a little of that but I admit Im not that smart. I'm not a fan of inflatables, but this where I am different, I say nothing about them, or those that like them. We all have different taste and like what we like. That is fine! They are Christmas decorations.

Tom

Heat gun? Hair dryer? Both should work! We havent had much lasting snow and I still havent got my blinker boxes put away or the LED and incan blinkers off the roof!! So snow isnt a big issue for my LOR/static display. All my molds, wire frames, and holographic signs are put away (except for recent additions of molds lol) Didnt use any coro or plywood cut outs this year but they are on hand as well as a few flat backs. Now if I could just find a place for a puffie!! : )

PC is the melting pot of CHRISTmas decorating!

Jim : )

And I am more than a molder. We all have our specialty, and most of us do a little of everything. ...........We all have different taste and like what we like. That is fine! They are Christmas decorations.

Tom

Tom,

I'm going to PM so this thread is not hijacked anymore, ok?

I believe Tim's idea with water will work fine. It will not damage the grass and not damage the mold. If the ice is too think, I guess there's always the hammer ;)

Just to keep credit where credit is due, it was Gary's idea :)

Guest A.F.NUT

Tom,

I'm going to PM so this thread is not hijacked anymore, ok?

That is fine. Anymore the pm system is a better way to go.

Tom

I think the wisest comment that was made here was:

It is only funny if everyone is laughing.

Obviously not everyone is laughing when others make fun of something that they enjoy. To suggest that the person lighten up because they do not like being ridiculed is unnecessary and demeaning.

It's simple....Let's all respect each other.

BTW..Yes, I do have blow molds in my display but I also have coro, wire frames, animation, thousands of lights and other forms of decorating elements.

I think the wisest comment that was made here was:

It is only funny if everyone is laughing.

Obviously not everyone is laughing when others make fun of something that they enjoy. To suggest that the person lighten up because they do not like being ridiculed is unnecessary and demeaning.

It's simple....Let's all respect each other.

BTW..Yes, I do have blow molds in my display but I also have coro, wire frames, animation, thousands of lights and other forms of decorating elements.

Oh for God's sake. No one was ridiculed in this thread. There were two harmless jokes about blow molds, not people who use or correct them. I'm not telling you to lighten up, I'm telling you to grow up. Stop going out of your way to be offended.

Edited by cozzi

Oh for God's sake. No one was ridiculed in this thread. There were two harmless jokes about blow molds, not people who use or correct them. I'm not telling you to lighten up, I'm telling toy to grow up. Stop going out of your way to be offended.

Well said! I for awhile thought I was being picked on as a particular person. That is until I realized they were doing it out of fun and actually meant no harm. Just everyone take a chill pill. This is the off season we all need something to do to pass the time.

By the way to keep this thread ON TOPIC I say the hot water would be the way to go. :)

Guest A.F.NUT

Oh for God's sake. No one was ridiculed in this thread. There were two harmless jokes about blow molds, not people who use or correct them. I'm not telling you to lighten up, I'm telling toy to grow up. Stop going out of your way to be offended.

You keep saying it is harmless IT IS NOT! Mabye everyone could just stop with the nasty little digs, the good old if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all! Nobody is going out of their way to be offended here. We don't have to go far at all to be offended. You say correct when you should say collect you say toy rather than you. I guess I should run over to the I'm sorry thread and start making fun of you, like so many others do. But I am better than that!

Tom

You keep saying it is harmless IT IS NOT! Mabye everyone could just stop with the nasty little digs, the good old if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all! Nobody is going out of their way to be offended here. We don't have to go far at all to be offended. You say correct when you should say collect you say toy rather than you. I guess I should run over to the I'm sorry thread and start making fun of you, like so many others do. But I am better than that!

Tom

I can assure you that if you make fun of my typos I won't post and cry about it. I made a joke about running over a plastic xmas figure and you say that's harmful??? Then I have to tell you that I think that you have a problem.

Guest A.F.NUT

I can assure you that if you make fun of my typos I won't post and cry about it. I made a joke about running over a plastic xmas figure and you say that's harmful??? Then I have to tell you that I think that you have a problem.

Your right I do have a problem! I have a problem with how people act around here. I have a problem with people who have forgotten the meaning of what it's about. I have a problem with nasty negative people. It's funny how a Christrmas forum can be so nasty, sad really!

Tom

There are rules here, positive, family friendly, and Christmascentric. Everyone on PC is expected to follow those rules and when we don't, there are consequences.

I'm locking this thread. If people want to continue to discuss this, do it by way of PMs.