what do you pay for a 4' x 8' 4 mm white sheet of coro

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't bought coro in awhile, but I used to buy it direct from Laird Plastics. Last time I tried, they told me they were a wholesaler and referred me to a dealer, who was their customer, who essentially marked it up a few bucks and sold it to me (and it was obviously a special order as they only had the sheet I purchased)

I think I used to pay about $10 a sheet from Laird and $12-13 from the other dealer.

I pay $0.00.... Because no on in our area seems to carry it. Meh.

Check with sign shops - around here virtually all larger political signs are coro...

If you tell them you're using it to make a display item and not trying to shortchange them from making you a sign, you might get them to be more cooperative.

Well, I don't use and won't use coro until the dealers around here get their act together. Are you all sitting down? Price per 4 x 8 sheet here is $99. Yes that is for one sheet and I have that quote in writing from the two dealers who do carry it.

Let me explain, I live right next to Fort Hood so the prices for this stuff is ridiculous. It's called rip off the GI and the government. I have reported them to the officials with comparisons for other areas close to here, which are still high at $35-40 but much cheaper than the two local rip off places.

Marilyn

Well, I don't use and won't use coro until the dealers around here get their act together. Are you all sitting down? Price per 4 x 8 sheet here is $99. Yes that is for one sheet and I have that quote in writing from the two dealers who do carry it.

Let me explain, I live right next to Fort Hood so the prices for this stuff is ridiculous. It's called rip off the GI and the government. I have reported them to the officials with comparisons for other areas close to here, which are still high at $35-40 but much cheaper than the two local rip off places.

Marilyn

If you come down to the LSH event in June - I'll sell you 4x8x4mm white sheets for $9 each, cash price.

Marilyn

WHOA! I guess I shouldn't complain at $24 per sheet!... but I will... when you compare it to what others are paying for it.

I pay $0 also, but that's only because my cousin owns a sign shop. Last time he brought over 10 sheets. Still got some left. Now what to do with it???

I pay $0.00.... Because no on in our area seems to carry it. Meh.

I pay $0 also, but that's only because my cousin owns a sign shop. Last time he brought over 10 sheets. Still got some left. Now what to do with it???

Oh man... what a problem to have!!! :giggle: My mind starts whirling and spinning with ideas! :P

• 4 months later...

Dennis Cherry posted this link

http://www.regal-plastics.com/

But whoever might have a link for ordering the coro at a reasonable price. I realized when I posted that probably no one would know what I was talking about. ):

While I get "clear" coro from regal, it's 50% more than standard white coro and in general, at the one in houston, they are well above other sellers. The place in houston is low volume. Where in Texas are you? Are you coming to the Sept 18th LoneStarHolidays.com event?

Edited by dmoore

On a side note, I did find some coro that is black on one side and white on the other. This is good where you want light to be reflective on the front side but not come out the backside:

http://coroplast.cat-x.net/ItemListView.aspx?id=17

It looks pretty hard to find but it's a really interesting plastic and would be a perfect fit for the CoroStars and CoroTrees.

I live in Lubbock. Would love to come to the Sept 18th LoneStarHolidays.com event,but I work weekends and that's a little too far for me to drive for it. I was thinking of using the coro for snowflakes and a tree since it would be so much easier making the holes for the lights with the coro.