Artificial SNow Machine

Mike,

I've run our spa air pump for more than a half hour with no problem. It's in a hot environment too!

Will give it a try next week. The reason i suspect it will get hot is that our pool equipment shuts down the blower after it has run for 30 minutes and if you turn it back on right away, it will get the 2" PVC so hot it will bend but that might be because of the back pressure the water creates as the air from the blower enters the spa below water level.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know you are looking to make a multiple drop (nozzle) snow machine, and I don't remember if I posted this before or not....

However, the (not so)Amazing Snowman used a small vacuum cleaner type motor. Have you tried the output of your shop vac?

I know you are looking to make a multiple drop (nozzle) snow machine, and I don't remember if I posted this before or not....

However, the (not so)Amazing Snowman used a small vacuum cleaner type motor. Have you tried the output of your shop vac?

Thanks for the bump, yes I have. I think my issue is I am attempting to have the multi drops about 10 feet apart with 4 drops. Almost all of the blowers I have tried work for 1 drop but degrade significantly with more than 1.

I might need to rethink the design and have multiple blowers if I cant find one that will work with my original design.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mike...

I've thought about trying to build a fairly large snow machine. So far, it's just wishfull thinking!

I've been looking at this: http://www.harborfreight.com/1-hp-mini-dust-collector-94029.html

Lot's of CFM, but does it have enough pressure?

Your project sounds like a lot of fun to build. How's it coming along?

Gary