Lady Gaga or similar top artist's Christmas songs

All the younger set seem to be going goo goo for GaGa.. but I found a Lady Gaga song for Christmas thats pretty good to be honest, except its kind of racey. I have been seeing if I cant clean up the words or was wondering if we could maybe as a group pressure Lady Gaga to remake her song "Christmas Tree" in a more G rated direction.

The song has problem areas such as lirics like:

Ho Ho HO, We'll take off all our clothes

Thats no place you'd rather be is underneath my Christmas Tree

My Christmas Tree is Delicious

Well I edited a version that makes Ho Ho Ho repeat again over the top of "We'll take off all our clothes", and with video presentation, the Christmas Tree part can show pictures of a Christmas "cake" everytime she gets racey with the Christmas Tree part. I dont know if I want to chance trying to run the slightly cleaned up edited version of the song next year. The young people are calling Gaga the New Madonna and I hate to say it but the older folks arent so bad with her old school style either. She basically dresses like Cher has for 30+ years.

Chuck, remind me to drop something on you at the Florida Mini next month! :)

Joe, I believe our displays should be clean for the little ones. (I was a kindergarten teacher and now I teach 3rd.)

I also think that our displays should be clean. There are a lot of outstanding songs that we can use. Do we have to stoop to their level?

Chuck, remind me to drop something on you at the Florida Mini next month! :)

Joe, I believe our displays should be clean for the little ones. (I was a kindergarten teacher and now I teach 3rd.)

Yea I know, when its off season I try to expand on what to play at Christmas but when the season rolls around I always find myself doing a "what was I thinking" and delete or dont use too much of a cutting edge type stuff.

Guest Lightzilla

As someone once said: "it is our display, our money that went into the display, and so we can play whatever music we want in our display, plus we charge viewers nothing to watch the show"

This is Joe's right, and everyone else.........more so if you are not a religious person.

Many folks use Bob Rivers and his songs are not always clean...................."Grandma Got Dismembered By A Chainsaw" really gives that family get together Christmasy feeling does it not?

My point is, if you want "our displays to be clean for the little ones" then a person needs to follow that principle in all the songs they choose.

I cast my vote for going outside of the box with music, but I personally respect the Village in which I live, I respect the folks who view my display and I too want to keep it clean to where my display is a "G" rating.......as Joe put it.

As someone once said: "it is our display, our money that went into the display, and so we can play whatever music we want in our display, plus we charge viewers nothing to watch the show"

This is Joe's right, and everyone else.........more so if you are not a religious person.

Many folks use Bob Rivers and his songs are not always clean...................."Grandma Got Dismembered By A Chainsaw" really gives that family get together Christmasy feeling does it not?

My point is, if you want "our displays to be clean for the little ones" then a person needs to follow that principle in all the songs they choose.

I cast my vote for going outside of the box with music, but I personally respect the Village in which I live, I respect the folks who view my display and I too want to keep it clean to where my display is a "G" rating.......as Joe put it.

I am certainly one to advocate total G rating, for one people think I might try to push the envelope but this is why I try these ideas here before just placing into my display only to offend people feel like a tard later. I've spoken many times about using songs like Yellow Snow, Yellow Snow, Yellow Snow because of its offensive nature to many visitors.

If you changed the words on the Lady Gaga song, it could be a great song/light show, but I think the thing is going down as a waste because of its racey words even if they are FCC radio compliant. Ironically I think the girl got a bad rep by using sex sells tactics and now that she's big, she realizes she doesnt need to be a cheap tramp to sell records, her music can do it all by itself. I recently saw an interview where she told the world lady gaga is celebate and doesnt want to catch AIDS, etc, etc so it seems she is already trying to clean up her image. Oh well.

Guest Lightzilla

Speaking of Disco, the song "A Fifth Of Beethoven" by Walter Murphy was my most popular sequence, way more popular than the song "I Like To Move It" from the Madagascar movie.

The two versions of "Carol Of The Bells" that I played were popular too, then the Heat and Snow Miser sequences were next on the list.

Some TSO sequences were liked and "Wizards In Winter" was not one of them.

I have a few new sequences for 2010 that ought to get the folks in the "Village" where I live singing along. Songs that lift up Alberta will be popular.

Anyhow Joe, it will take some work on your part to edit words in songs, perhaps more time than you can afford spend.

I plan to add more sequences in my display that are geared to children.........I do not want to forget them.

Speaking of Disco, the song "A Fifth Of Beethoven" by Walter Murphy was my most popular sequence, way more popular than the song "I Like To Move It" from the Madagascar movie.

The two versions of "Carol Of The Bells" that I played were popular too, then the Heat and Snow Miser sequences were next on the list.

Some TSO sequences were liked and "Wizards In Winter" was not one of them.

I have a few new sequences for 2010 that ought to get the folks in the "Village" where I live singing along. Songs that lift up Alberta will be popular.

Anyhow Joe, it will take some work on your part to edit words in songs, perhaps more time than you can afford spend.

I plan to add more sequences in my display that are geared to children.........I do not want to forget them.

Beethoven's 5th by Walter Murphy has consistently gotten applause every year for 12 years at my display, its the oldest sequence that plays at my display, last season I retired my other disco era songs. Wizards of Winter is another song that brings about consistent rounds of applause upon completion so that will stay in my play list for that reason.

Ironically it was the little 5 to 10 year olds that most often requested Lady Gaga and thus I put a search on for something similar but ran into the brick wall with the words.

A new favorite that brought applause was Hilton's edit of Harder, Faster, Better by Daft Punk as well as my Techno Silent Night by Cinnamon, RichardH's Music Box Dancer. In the past I only had 2 songs at most that brought applause but something about this most recent year's playlist, we started getting consistent applause night after night with about 7 songs and THOSE are the type of songs I am obviously working on adding more of.

Believe it or not, childish songs, like Sponge Bob, Porky Pig, etc bombed with all ages including the children so I am not very minded towards cartoon songs since they often have turned into the biggest flops.

I found this Christmas Tree song 3 days ago and thought I had the perfect song when it first came on. Then I heard the lyrics and it saddened me greatly.

No one has answered the question yet as to whether or not they can edit the song properly so that it has better lyrics. I would LOVE to hear it, I just dont think its possible.

Joe, I think Yellow Snow is funny and appropriate. I haven't used it yet, but I hope to.

Actually Michael, I tried that song and I got chewed out by a mom on the second day it ran. She thought it was too nasty for her children to listen too, so hense I tend to throw this story out so that others dont find themselves in this position. I am sure most wont be offended but there is a small potential to offend some out there with this song.

There is another REALLY GOOD song, Naughty Naughty Christmas by Danger Danger. Look it up on youtube and play it, its like REALLY REALLY good modern soft rock and roll song, however not sure what to think of the lyrics either. I donno guys, its not as bold as Gaga's but listen to it and tell me what you think.

IIronically I think the girl got a bad rep by using sex sells tactics and now that she's big, she realizes she doesnt need to be a cheap tramp to sell records, her music can do it all by itself.

Which would be quite the opposite of what's been happening lately with Britney Spears (trading suggestive for overt)...but I digress.

If you want a song guaranteed to appeal to young children (elementary age and up), you need to do:

I f*rted on Santa's Lap now Christmas is gonna stink for me" by the Little Stinkers. I found it on I-tunes a few years ago, sequenced it, and still get asked if I will put it back in.