Group Buy?

Guest Christmas Is 4 Me

http://altoona.craigslist.org/for/1632552462.html

Who would be interested in contacting this person and doing a group Buy.

Altoona is about three hours from my area one way--definitely do able on a weekend for me to pick up the molds.

I wish we had a complete list... I would be interested in a few but I don't want to front money till I see what they have and the conditions of the different pieces that I would be interested in... And of course you would have to be willing to ship to me

Keep me updated by PM if you wish and we can discuss this more :D

I contacted this person already this morning-Monday and he has about 17 choir people that he wants 75 a piece for, all the santas best for about 100 each, and several sets of lanterns for 20 bucks for 2. I hope everyone can pool enough together for this 100.00 asking price for over 100 molds. Seemed to be too good to be true.

I just talked to the gentleman with the molds this is some of what he has.

17 Poloron Carolers some of these have the original box

Large Santa's Best Disney Characters(all of them Mickey, Minnie, Pooh, Tigger, and Goofy)

Large Snoopy

Poloron Lamp Posts

Union Gingerbread

Union Elves

Poloron Mechanical Snowman with original box

Poloron Mechanical Santa with original box

Poloron Whispering Santa with original box

Poloron Fawns

He is supposed to send me pictures in the next few days so we will see.

I will post the pictures after I receive them.

I wish this was closer so I could go look at all the molds he has and give more information to everyone.

I would... don't know how much of it I could take, and I would not be able to pick up from you until the summer... but I would certainly be interested...

If this works out, I have no problem with pickup in the summer:D

Holy cow, what a list. I wouldn't mind going in on a couple of the Poloron carolers if someone is willing to ship? Please? Pretty please?

Carrie,

If this works out, I would ship them to you.

I will pm you with another idea I have.

How much is he wanting for specific pieces?? Some good deals here, wonder if my pockets are deep enough....??

Which specific pieces are you looking at?

I am also trying to get him to give an idea he wants for the entire lot.

If this works, out, I would ship.

If everyone would give me an idea of what they want and what they are willing to pay I would appreciate it. (please pm with amount willing to pay)

I am going to try to get the whole lot for one money.

I am waiting on this gentleman to send me pictures. I will not make any offers until I have an idea of the condition of the molds. I factor repairs/repaints into the cost of the mold because of supplies to repair/repaint and my time.

I just started to repaint molds and I am a perfectionist so therfore, it takes me longer to paint a mold as opposed to someone else that has been painting molds for a while.

As I know more, I will let others know. I don't want to offend anyone if this does not work out.

UPDATE: Even though the ad may be gone, he still has most of the molds.

I made him an offer (I feel was very reasonable and fair) for all of the molds, sight unseen--NO PICTURES!!! He then gave me a list for what he wants for the molds he still has(the list has changed from initial list on tuesday) individually without pictures, and it doesn't look like I am going to get any pictures. Therefore, my opinion is to move on an keep looking because this is what I would do if the molds were for my own collection.

I am sorry to disappoint everyone becuase this did not work out.:o

BTW: since I have wish/want lists for several members, I will keep looking:D

I am truly sorry everyone!!!

UPDATE: Even though the ad may be gone, he still has most of the molds.

I made him an offer (I feel was very reasonable and fair) for all of the molds, sight unseen--NO PICTURES!!! He then gave me a list for what he wants for the molds he still has(the list has changed from initial list on tuesday) individually without pictures, and it doesn't look like I am going to get any pictures. Therefore, my opinion is to move on an keep looking because this is what I would do if the molds were for my own collection.

I am sorry to disappoint everyone becuase this did not work out.:o

BTW: since I have wish/want lists for several members, I will keep looking:D

I am truly sorry everyone!!!

Maybe you should send us all the guys email address by PM so that we can all bug him for pics... Heck I mean even close up shots from a cell phone camera of each would work for me if there are enough of them and in good light... What ever works out I definately wouldn't purchase them without seeing at least a pic of them, and I wouldn't want you to drive all that way and it be a disapointment...

Anyway keep my list and I may send you more that I am interested in that you may be able to find in your area and if you ever make a trip to NC maybe I could meet up for the exchange with someone. Keep me in mind:D

Maybe you should send us all the guys email address by PM so that we can all bug him for pics... Heck I mean even close up shots from a cell phone camera of each would work for me if there are enough of them and in good light... What ever works out I definately wouldn't purchase them without seeing at least a pic of them, and I wouldn't want you to drive all that way and it be a disapointment...

Anyway keep my list and I may send you more that I am interested in that you may be able to find in your area and if you ever make a trip to NC maybe I could meet up for the exchange with someone. Keep me in mind:D

You may let me know what you are looking for anytime. I am always looking for molds!!:giggle:(serious obsession for me) If I find any you are looking for, I will let you know. I have learned that patience is a good thing when searching for molds.