F/S 10 - RGB MR-16 Light Cannons

I have for sale 10 RGB MR-16 light cannons. They are made of PVC, with clear acrylic globes over the bulbs. Each section has 2 Red, 1 Green and 1 Blue MR-16 Spots. The bulbs use the ceramic connectors and have a 22 ohm resistor wired in series (they dim well). They run on 12 Volt AC or DC, but I ran them on 12V DC with DC SSR's. Each one comes with a custom cord made of Black SPT-1, and a 4 position molex connector for ease of setup. The cord sets range from 3' to 30' in length. I also have 9 extra bulbs (some of each color, although I have never had to replace any) and some extra 22 ohm resistors that I will throw in. They were only used for one season (2008) as I did not have a display last year. I just checked them out, and every one works perfect. There are a couple of very minor spots of what I think may be rust starting around the base of about 3 of the leds (32 leds per bulb), but it does not affect their operation. I would prefer to sell them as a set. I have about $500 invested in these, and will sell the lot for $295.00 plus shipping & Paypal. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks,

Randy

I need to sell these, price reduced to $250.00 for all!!

I have for sale 10 RGB MR-16 light cannons. They are made of PVC, with clear acrylic globes over the bulbs. Each section has 2 Red, 1 Green and 1 Blue MR-16 Spots. The bulbs use the ceramic connectors and have a 22 ohm resistor wired in series (they dim well). They run on 12 Volt AC or DC, but I ran them on 12V DC with DC SSR's. Each one comes with a custom cord made of Black SPT-1, and a 4 position molex connector for ease of setup. The cord sets range from 3' to 30' in length. I also have 9 extra bulbs (some of each color, although I have never had to replace any) and some extra 22 ohm resistors that I will throw in. They were only used for one season (2008) as I did not have a display last year. I just checked them out, and every one works perfect. There are a couple of very minor spots of what I think may be rust starting around the base of about 3 of the leds (32 leds per bulb), but it does not affect their operation. I would prefer to sell them as a set. I have about $500 invested in these, and will sell the lot for $295.00 plus shipping & Paypal. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks,

Randy

I am using LOR what is needed to control these?

I am not a LOR user, so maybe one of the LOR experts on the forum can help us out. They run on 12 volts, AC or DC. If I understand correctly, a LOR DC board will run them, but I don't know if they will run on a regular AC controller.

If you want to be able to control each MR16 separately you would need 2.5 (rounded to 3) of the CMB-16D cards. (Ten light cannons each with four MR-16s).

You will also need to supply 12V of power to each card. If you have some around, computer power supplies of sufficient wattage should work to provide the power to the CMB-16D.

Edited by basis21b
Clairity

If you want to be able to control each MR16 separately you would need 2.5 (rounded to 3) of the CMB-16D cards. (Ten light cannons each with four MR-16s).

You will also need to supply 12V of power to each card. If you have some around, computer power supplies of sufficient wattage should work to provide the power to the CMB-16D.

You might get away with a few less channels, as there are 2 Red's per setup, (the Red bulbs are not as bright as the Blue and Green). So 3 x 10 = 30 channels. I used them in sections on my home, so I only used 12 channels.

Randy

• 3 weeks later...

Price reduced to $200.00. Someone please take these off my hands......

I have for sale 10 RGB MR-16 light cannons. They are made of PVC, with clear acrylic globes over the bulbs. Each section has 2 Red, 1 Green and 1 Blue MR-16 Spots. The bulbs use the ceramic connectors and have a 22 ohm resistor wired in series (they dim well). They run on 12 Volt AC or DC, I ran them on 12V DC with DC SSR's. Each one comes with a custom cord made of Black SPT-1, and a 4 position molex connector for ease of setup. The cord sets range from 3' to 30' in length (you recieve both the male and female connectors with wires). I also have 9 extra bulbs (some of each color, although I have never had to replace any) and some extra 22 ohm resistors that I will throw in. They were only used for one season (2008) as I did not have a display last year. I just checked them out, and every one works perfect. There are a couple of very minor spots of what I think may be rust starting around the base of about 3 of the leds (32 leds per bulb), but it does not affect their operation. I would prefer to sell them as a set. I have about $500 invested in these, and will sell the lot for $295.00 plus shipping & Paypal. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks,

Randy