Changing it up?

Ham radio op

Hello Everyone,

Since moving into my current neighborhood 10 years ago, I've always had the biggest light display. Currently I've got about 10,000 lights-100%-multi and about 9 blowmolds. Every year the display has grown, and I've never had anyone out do me. This will probably be my last year doing a huge display for a while, and for once in my life, I'd like to do it with a little bit of class-ALL WHITE LIGHTS. The problem? There are so many people in my neighborhood who have told me over the years how much my lights mean to their kids, and I'm scared that I could really disappoint some kids during Christmas.

Anyone ever done anything like this before? Reactions?

I know how you feel. I have people telling me coming to see my show had become a family tradition and their kids love coming and now expect to come see it every year. Kind of puts a damper on not doing it because you are tired of doing it. I think we all get that feeling from time to time. Why the heck do I spend this much time doing it. Is it really that much fun.....but then people tell you stuff like what I said above and it kind of boosts my spirits.

Hello Everyone,

Since moving into my current neighborhood 10 years ago, I've always had the biggest light display. Currently I've got about 10,000 lights-100%-multi and about 9 blowmolds. Every year the display has grown, and I've never had anyone out do me. This will probably be my last year doing a huge display for a while, and for once in my life, I'd like to do it with a little bit of class-ALL WHITE LIGHTS. The problem? There are so many people in my neighborhood who have told me over the years how much my lights mean to their kids, and I'm scared that I could really disappoint some kids during Christmas.

Anyone ever done anything like this before? Reactions?

Sure, I change my display almost every single year..its never the same and the kids that have grown up looking at it, always liked the changes. Although my display is predominated by hundreds of blow molds, they never know exactly what will be out in the yard (but the display is always anchored by the choir and the nativity..that never changes). As to changing colors..go for it. I think the last time I did an all clear display was sometime in the early 1990s, but I change the color theme frequently. But no one minds the changes. The comments I get basically center around "We never really know what you're going to do" and people do look forward to it.

An all clear display can be very dramatic and obviously bright. They are classic and tasteful and when done well, they can be breathtaking.

I do my display for myself. That's not to say I do not care if anyone see's it, but on the contrary, I do want others to see it and enjoy it. While I listen to sugggestions (sort of), I present the display the way I see fit and that goes not only goes for colors, but for content as well. My suggestion is, do what your heart tells you to do, and not others...

But I do think all clear is very attractive...;)