cutting leds

gsxr7500

I have some sets of FULL WAVE leds that i cut in half and made 2 sets out of. On the set with no end i soldered the 2 wires that had continuity not sure if i spelled that right lol together and the wire with out i kept seperate. They light up great but i notice a slight flicker in the end that i had to put a male plug on to. Why would this happen P.S. they are cool white.

i read everything and come to the conclusion that i cant cut the full wave without screwing the second half of the string up but i have already cut to sets. On both sets i left both rectifiers on the 1st part of the strand and they seem ok if i just not use the second half do you for see and problems using the 1st part of the string?

i read everything and come to the conclusion that i cant cut the full wave without screwing the second half of the string up but i have already cut to sets. On both sets i left both rectifiers on the 1st part of the strand and they seem ok if i just not use the second half do you for see and problems using the 1st part of the string?

You are correct. If you cut the string after the second module then the first string is full wave and the second string is half wave. That is because the middle module diodes are used to make both strings full wave.

You can make the second string full wave again, if you are interested I will tell you how if you PM me.

Converted many LED strings to Full wave.