I'm contemplating buying a bubble machine for my display next year. I was wondering what brands people were using and how they performed. My main concern before buying one is how many times a night do I need to refill the bubble solution. I would like to be able to run it for five to six hours a night without refilling. Is this even possible. Don't really want to spend the money only to be disappointed with the results.

I use a Bubble Machine and I can tell you that none of the available commerical bubblers will go for 5 to 6 hours non stop. If it's synched, like Chuck said, and it only comes on for a little bit during certain songs, you should be fine each night. I run mine on a push button remote so when I want it on, I click it on.

Video links for the Bubble Blast are below:

Manufacturers video (make sure to make it full screen or it's pretty small):

http://www.americandj.com/pdffiles/Bubble%20Blast.wmv

Mine in action, not a company video:

http://www.johnsonschristmascorner.com/Videos/2009/BubbleBlast.wmv

Where can you get one?:

http://www.cheapdjgear.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Bubble%20Blast

http://www.lightinguniverse.com/fog-bubble-machines_244.html?psku=2089516&af=1525

http://www.bulbamerica.com/AMERICAN-DJ-Bubble-Blast-Bubble-Machine-773-prod.htm

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR277653

http://www.amazon.com/American-DJ-Bubble-Blast/dp/B0002DNT4Y

Here's a Google Page that has a bunch of manufacturer on it:

http://www.google.com/products?q=bubble+blast&hl=en&scoring=pd&show=dd&sa=N&start=10

The other popular model is the B-550 Bubble King. This is also a good machine with high output. Why I didn't choose this one is basically about clean up. The tray is inside and you pour the bubbles in through the front, essentially having to clean it all up (although many people say they never clean it so... to me, the cost of bubbler makes me want to keep it cleaned up and so the Bubble Blast is easier in that respect).

I found this video on You Tube:

One other thing I prefered on the Blast is that there are two uplift fans that push the bubbles higher, sort of like the garage fan they have under the Bubble King in this video.

A bunch of them for sale here:

http://www.google.com/products?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4HPNN_enUS330US330&q=b-550%20bubble%20king&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf

The other big factor for a lot of folks is the cost: $150 vs $300.

Good luck!

I'll check out the links in the morning.

I could easily do the bubbles periodically throughout the show. I had a feeling going non-stop was out of the question. Just so I know how often I could use it do you know approximately how long you can get from one fill? Also can you control the unit with an LOR channel? I want this to be as maintenance free as possible i.e. not waiting to push buttons.

Is there a warm up time needed? the few units I started looking at needed some time before the bubbles would actually start to come out and if so, how do you circumvent this? Thanks.

I can't speak for the others, but the Bubble Blast runs 50 minutes with 1 fill and does not need a warm up- warm ups are usually for hazers/fogger (and maybe snow machines- I don't know).

You can controll by LOR but you need a relay between your controller and the machine or you'll fry your board.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ryan!

The Bubble Blast is selling for $299 (1/2 off), but the Bubble Blast junior is selling for $150 (also 1/2 off).

Looking at the 2 units, they both have dual 8 or 10 bubble wands, and 4 fans.

The junior's case is a little smaller/more portable.

Any idea of the difference in performance between these 2 units?

thanks,

Greg

Edited by Greg Young

Hey Ryan!

The Bubble Blast is selling for $299 (1/2 off), but the Bubble Blast junior is selling for $150 (also 1/2 off).

Looking at the 2 units, they both have dual 8 or 10 bubble wands, and 4 fans.

The junior's case is a little smaller/more portable.

Any idea of the difference in performance between these 2 units?

thanks,

Greg

Greg-

For these two specific models, watch this video link and from about 3:55 to 4:30 you will see these two machines running against each other. You can be the judge on output:

I'm going to repost (with a few edits) from the Lone Star Holidays Bubble Off 2009 from last April (no comments from Texas-haters... Greg asked!) since it was a pretty comprehensive review of the machines:

http://www.lone-star-holidays.com/Vi...009%20Full.wmv

I thought I would give you my reviews of the bubble machines. Please note that these are my opinions only.

My criteria are these (all areas are graded A, B, C, D, F):

Bubble Output: How well does it put out bubbles?

Price: Is it worth the price tag?

Availability: Can you find one?

Operating Cleanliness: Does it make a mess while running?

Clean Up: How easily can you clean it up when finished?

Mechanical Reliability: Does it work?

Bubble King 550:

Bubble Output: A

Price: B

Availability: A

Operating Cleanliness: D

Clean Up: C

Mechanical Reliability: A

My Notes: This was very impressive. Lots of wands, fast and big bubbles. The only two drawbacks I saw were the operating cleanliness (this thing gets a soapy mess all over whatever is front of it no matter what you do) and the clean up (not the easiest cleanup- have to remove four screws, open it like an alligator mouth, and gently take out the tray (because it's pretty flimsy)). Overall though this seemed like a solid machine, especially when you consider the price ($150).

BU-350:

Bubble Output: B

Operating Cleanliness: C

Clean Up: C

My Notes: Much like it's big brother (the 550). Seems solid for the price ($100)

Bubble Blast Jr:

Bubble Output: C

Price: C

Operating Cleanliness: A

Clean Up: A

Mechanical Reliability: B

My Notes: Good design, not top of the line output. This would make a great machine to go along with a bunch of other bubblers. The extra uplift fans are nice. The price isn't bad either ($150)

V-9902:

Bubble Output: B

Availability: C

Operating Cleanliness: B

Clean Up: B

My Notes: Nice machine, although not as easy to find as some of the others. A reliable machine with decent output.

Bubble Blast:

Bubble Output: A

Price: C

Operating Cleanliness: A

Clean Up: A

Mechanical Reliability: D

My Notes: For the retail price tag on these ($299 to $399) this has had some issues (although some shipping damage is to blame for some of this, IMO). Great output, easy to clean up, and no messy soap all over the ground. The mechanical reliability is what really hurts this model.

I didn't review the battery operated Walmart Gazillion bubbles (good machine for a small battery operated model) or Bill's Mailbox bubbler (home-made, ebay purchase).

All-in-all it was nice to see all of these up close and get a chance to review them.

Also, here is the manufacturers video of the Blast and my own video from the front yard when I bought it:

Click here to see this thing in

action from the manufacturer!

Click here to see this thing

in action in our front yard!

That is an excellent review of bubble machines, Ryan. I would like to speak in favor of the V-9902. We use 4 of these in our display that put out massive bubbles on demand. We will go through 50 to 60 gallons of bubble juice every Christmas. The V-9902 is very durable . I have several that have been operation for over 10 years and still going strong after being exposed to rain , ice , and all the elements. We control the machines with relays that are activated by radio control. One fill-up will usually last for about 4 hours operating it intermittently. Bubbles definitely bring a lot of joy to everyone.

Thanks for the review Ryan.

Unfortunately the link to the wmv is broken, so I can't see the video, but the review was most helpful!

Greg

Sorry Greg- Give this a shot... for some reason it truncated it on PC when I posted it:

http://www.lone-star-holidays.com/Videos/LSH%20Bubble%20Off%202009%20Full.wmv

Man! How stupid is that... I keep trying to post the link, to help other PCer's out and it gets truncated every time.

Let's try this:

Here is a picture. With a link in it (stupid, stupid, stupid):

Logo300dpiC.png

That is an excellent review of bubble machines, Ryan. I would like to speak in favor of the V-9902. We use 4 of these in our display that put out massive bubbles on demand. We will go through 50 to 60 gallons of bubble juice every Christmas. The V-9902 is very durable . I have several that have been operation for over 10 years and still going strong after being exposed to rain , ice , and all the elements. We control the machines with relays that are activated by radio control. One fill-up will usually last for about 4 hours operating it intermittently. Bubbles definitely bring a lot of joy to everyone.

Thanks Walter/Jackie- I really liked the v-9902 as well. We had one that Jeff brought out (it's the one in the red gift box second from the right) is a few years old but it does have some good output.

See you both in June!

I was able to see it, thanks Ryan!

I am shooting for the V9902, as it seems to have reasonably good output (not the best), but as you say it's not too hard to clean up and is reliable from what I see from Walter's post.

Thanks for helping me arrive at a good decision.

Greg

• 3 months later...

Update on this thread-

The Lone Star Holidays 2010 Academy had the honor of including Cheap Lights in our vendor offerings. They opened up their new showroom to all of the attendees (130+), offered next day delivery to the venue for the Academy, and showed off all of their products.

The reason I'm adding them here is because they sell an almost identical machine to the one I purchased and recommeded (the Bubble Blast). Their unit is half the price you find elsewhere and every bit as good. In fact, it's better in some regards:

- Includes a wireless, push button remote.

- Has a retractable antenna on it for longer distance to the remote.

- The wand wheels are not controlled buy a belt and sprocket system (which gets broken down by the solution on the belt over time). Instead, each wheel is controlled by it's own motor.

- The lift fans have a smaller opening, and so they force more directed air through, resulting in a more powerful (and so higher) lift for the bubbles.

One drawback: The solution needs to be filled more often. Why? The wand wheels do not go allthe way to bottom of the resevoir so they stop dipping into the solution quicker.

Here is the link , embedded in the picture so it doesn't get truncated by PC (also, Cheap Lights has TONS of stuff at great prices to make your display better. Their one deficiency is that most of the items are NOT weatherproof so you either have to protect them or bring them in each night):

128tekton.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the V9902, and love it!

Great bubbles, easy cleanup, and simple to service should the need arise. Can't ask for much more!

Thanks to Ryan and the guys for the comparisons of the various units, based on which I made my selection!

Greg

• 2 months later...