Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Trash

Mold for sale

I'm selling most of my molds to anyone wanting to pick them up. I guess contact me and come see and buy what you want. I have to move on this very quickly so don't hesitate. If you want to buy give me a yell I live in Toronto Ohio zip is 43964 if you want to see how far you are away from me and you'll need a truck. Santas best Mr and Mrs, life size nativity pieces, mechanical sleigh, nine reindeer, 6 drummer boys, 4 TPI Bluecoat nutcrakers lg ones, 48 Union and Empire toysoldiers, 8 39 in white nativity stars, 5 ft santa Poloron whispering santa, Dapol snowman, Drainage snowman, Poloron snowman, 5 Empire wreaths, 30 choir peeps(maybe sold already) 18 in snoopy, commercial bells, lanterns, ornaments, and much more lighted drums etc. This will be a CASH and carry first come first serve. TPI santa with puppies, big mr and mrs bunnies, tree, cany cane, tweety, Santas Best angel, 2 TPI trumpet angels, blue coat Drainage trumpet angel, Poloron lamp posts.

Edited by Trash

Sorry to hear your selling your blow molds, Trash. Are you getting out of the hobby? (I mean addiction):D

No not getting out. I'm keeping some. Bad news is I lost my job, the good news is I have another but it's in Michigan. Yes this Buckeye boy is moving to Micigan. The tough part is it's expensive to move and I don't have the funds so I have to sell some of my display to finanace the move.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Watch your spelling:p"Micigan" Everyone will know your a Buckeye:giggle:

BTW: Where about in Michigan?

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Watch your spelling:p"Micigan" Everyone will know your a Buckeye:giggle:

BTW: Where about in Michigan?

Greenville and sorry about the spelling I promise I'll get better. lol Wife is from Fowlerville so shes pretty happy to be getting close to her family.

Good luck. I hate you have to sell them but you can always rebuild down the road.

Not parting with it all Brad just some. The family voted on what goes to Michigan and what becomes moving money so to speak.

If there is anyone planning on going to see Trash or if you live in Ohio and will be making the trip to see what he has, PM me I may be interested in a few things if someone would be willing to ship!

Thanks

WOW too bad I don't live near ya.I'm looking for soldiers if you want to ship.

Sorry you have to part with some.

Going to Michigan you will find lots there if you can beat Jim to them.

Good Luck on your sales,the move & new job!

Wow Trash. I am sorry to hear about your job, but at least there is another one lined up. Good luck! :)

Dave, you have a PM.. but like everyone else, I am sorry you have to sell part of your display. That has to be painful..but like the Phoenix..you will rise again and accumulate more! Good luck in Michigan..beautiful state, and I hope your new job goes well. :)

Hey Dave...I'm very sorry to hear about your situation...but I'm sure in the long run you'll make lemonade out of these lemons. I sent you a PM. Good luck with everything.

Good luck moving to Michigan!! what part of mi are you moving to?? maybe we can come visit!!

Sorry you are having to sell...but glad it's going toward moving on to a new job and a new place to call home.

I've rebuilt my display at least 3 times and I'm sure I will again in the future...the hunt is half the thrill.

hi dave

sorry to hear about your job, but it is good you have another lined up. also sorry to hear that you have to sell some of your display. like and the rest of us hate to sell. good luck.

gary

Good luck moving to Michigan!! what part of mi are you moving to?? maybe we can come visit!!

Greenville I guess it's by Grand Rapids lol I don't know much yet.

well Im in the same boat moving also ...thats why i am selling some of mine also due to no job!, and have to move!

Trash, thanks again for the blow molds. Even my wife who usually just shakes her head with one of those, what do have now looks, said, "those look really good".

Anybody else interested in what Dave has left, don't wait, they're going quick and he is too.

Joe