Anyone use these LED icicles before?

RobertB

Because I was told they were. I haven't wanted to mislead anyone on the forum and have been very upfront...even with a video of them and measuring voltages. I am very sorry if they are not what you wanted. I read somewhere on the forum where you could possibly add something to the very end to help with that????? Maybe someone could shed some light on that.

I will update you on my travels with this. I have contacted the company for weeks now trying to get 6 of the same "shade" or "tint" (see previous posts)...and have not gotten this taken care of. If this is still going on after I get out of school (band director here...)...I will be calling them every single day!

Again...very sorry. Hopefully you can find that "fix" and that might help.

Robert

Fayetteville, GA

I bought these base on your post that they were full wave. Now I have to deal with returning these. (We all know how much fun that is going to be.) Please in the future do not post information that is not factually correct. You should know better?? --Greg--

Because I was told they were. I haven't wanted to mislead anyone on the forum and have been very upfront...even with a video of them and measuring voltages. I am very sorry if they are not what you wanted. I read somewhere on the forum where you could possibly add something to the very end to help with that????? Maybe someone could shed some light on that.

I will update you on my travels with this. I have contacted the company for weeks now trying to get 6 of the same "shade" or "tint" (see previous posts)...and have not gotten this taken care of. If this is still going on after I get out of school (band director here...)...I will be calling them every single day!

Again...very sorry. Hopefully you can find that "fix" and that might help.

Robert

Fayetteville, GA

Please in the future do not post information that is not factually correct. You should know better?? --Greg--

Apparently he didn't investigate his source to verify the claims he had been told. Clearly - you didn't either.

Don't shower naked.. You're in a glass house. Though that won't be a problem much longer unless you run out of rocks real quick.

Based on Robert's previous post, it sounds like your beef is with "Tarah on the phone from Winterland." Don't shoot the messenger. He just told you what he had been told, and he even told you who told him.

Edited by RiscIt

WOW!!!

Guess this is my first "FLAME" on the board. That is ok. If I caused you a problem...fine. However, I thought I was doing what others have done on the board (telling others of good deals) so I wanted to share. I won't go over what I had mentioned before (last post). Possibly you bought in between where I first mentioned they were full wave (which is what I was told from the company directly on the phone before ordering) and then my video posting. Why did I post the video? I think if you watched it you would see I was trying to point out that "Hey...this isn't the same color! What's going on here!?!) I also mentioned about the power differences. So obviously there was something going on there.

Full wave or not....I did put it through it's paces so you could see for yourself. Again, if you purchased before that time...I am sorry. Full wave or not...for me I would have been happy with them. I just wanted the same tint.

Ok......on with Winterlandinc.com (Greg, read below. This might help your situation.)

It had been more than a month of me calling them, trying to work something out. Each time I had a worker would say, "Someone is emailing you from the factory" or "Tarah has emailed you several times". Well, I finally hooked up with Tarah on the phone. Apparently she had my email address wrong. Once I spoke with her she gave me several options.

1) She found 6 lines (which is what I ordered) of the same color. This would be shipped to me (their cost) to see if I liked them. If it were not to my liking, I could ship them back. If they were, she would send a ticket to me for UPS to do a pickup of the first set of 6 (their cost).

2)Another option was to wait till another shipment of LED icicle lights came in July. These are first quality where the others were apparently a close out item. This is the reason for the varying shades (closeout item). She would drop ship me 6 lines of the KNOWN first quality lights. That is if I wanted to wait.

3) Tarah mentioned they did have some LED icicle lights in stock that had snowflake lens on them and could go with that if I wanted. She mentioned this is the kind most people had and that she even used them at her house. After asking a few questions...I took that option. Shipping on their nickel and would send me a ticket to ship by UPS the others (on their nickel).

4) It was mentioned that if nothing was to my satisfaction, I could get my money back. (another option)

Are the ones that are coming my way full wave? I do not know. Will see and will report.

Were the ones that I first purchased full wave? This question (as mentioned) was asked on the first phone call. She said yes then. She said yes on the next phone call. This time it was mentioned "about half and half". Meaning that in these strings that is was a "mix batch".

Were the "Snowflake" ones bright? Yes. And that is when it was said "I use them myself". That is honestly all I cared about. The brightness, did they dim smoothly, and did they flicker.

When I post...I will upload a video. You judge for yourself.

Edited by RobertB
changed "next week" to "july" in options...after thinking back to conversation.

I ordered several strings last year from this company. I did not like the lights that I got either, but I could use them in a few places like a back light radio sign and inside of a few small blow molds. The lights I was also told by Tara that the lights are F/W. But dang they flickered without even having to move them any. They hurt my eyes to look at. I was lucky though, all of them were the same color of PW no warm or other shade of white. I will have to say that I am not impressed with the flickering. And I am glad to see that they are going to help you get the color matched. I think it should not matter if these are close out LED strings or not.

I would avoid the snowflake lights. I have some and the snowflake covers collect water and short the led making me climb ladders all winter to change the fuse.

But these snowflake came from Sam's club a couple years back at the end of season sale

Also I believe some manufacturers were putting the rectifier in the plug itself for a time.

Edited by MudSculpter

Aaaaah. Ok. Thanks for the heads up. It is actually too late. I think they are on the way. Could I seal them maybe a little better than what they might be sealed? Mine will be under the eves somewhat. Maybe I can move my hooks closer in against the house, futher under the eves...maybe that will help.

Might play around with that over the summer and also see which might reflect better. Have a light yellow colored house and the soffit itself is white. Reflects better well.

Thanks Again,

Robert

As I said My snowflake icicles came from Sams Club and your order may be of a different design. My sets had white/blue twinkle leds every so often which were stunning when they worked. Also untangling them after being put away for the season is maddening.

Ok.

I got the "Standard Icicle M5, LED, pure white, snowflakes, 70 lights, white wire, 22 gauge, 6-5-3 (inch) drops yesterday. SKU# SB-IC5NPW-1W. This is to replace these; http://store.winterlandinc.com/store...te-Wire.aspx?& (Which were at a cheaper price of $4.xx. Makes me wonder if they getting a better grade, different kind, or ?. Not sure.) Why are they replacing these. My complaint was I had several different tints of white for just the 6 lines I had. Nice On with the review....

At first glance of the box, it hit me that I had "100 count" icicle lights and not "70 count". Mmmmm. Sure enough. Shorter lines. 7.5ft vs 9.5ft on the other lines. Not a deal breaker, but was not happy about that. Means I will have some space at the ends of my my lines and the corners of the over hang of the house. Oh well. I might actually put them on the house tomorrow night and see what they do look like. We will see on that. One thing to note about these though is....not really sure how much they cost. Remember...these were to replace the ones I originally bought at $4.xx. So cost on these, I really don't know. A big surprise for me was to find in each bag a note saying not only here they Holiday Creations brand but that they had a 3 year warranty. That was a very nice surprise.

Full Wave or Not to Full Wave - Ok. No extra little bulge and the plugs look pretty plain. Probably not full wave then. Shake them and it seems to flicker. You make the call. Honestly....I don't care one way or another. Do they dim, twinkle and flash well. I think so. Saw no noticeable problems. You see in the video later.

Construction I think these are very nicely constructed. Man the lens on these things are stout! Really wonder if this is 22 gauge wire. Looks thicker to me. Wish it did have a longer lead on the male end though...but that is ok.

Tangle City I think it was mentioned earlier that it can be maddening untangling these. OMG! Yes. However...back on construction...good thing there. It would pull apart. I do have some incandescent ones that do when they are tangled. No issues with these.

Look??? I will put it this way. My wife is my biggest critic. I had them on my floor in my shop/office. Her first words were "Oooooo I like them!" Lens make the things have a bigger shine than the little pine cone lens. I think from a distance...that will make a difference.

Color or Tint Why do I bring this up. Well it was an issue before. Getting one color? Yep. Have one line of warm white. That is a problem for me. It does show up with the very bright pure white. Will have to give them a call today.

Dimming, Flashing, Etc. I think it does fine for what I need. You take a look at the video and see what you think.

Be aware I didn't have a lot of time so this is in one take. No edits. It has several dead spots in there as I went from one "trick" to another. Which means it is completely dark at times ;-) Forgive the low level on the music too. Terrible speakers. Also...just picked a random sequence and the controller just happened to be on a certain ID. It does show dimming, etc. though.

Do I like them? Yes. It will bring my amp pull down. That was the whole issue in getting these in the first place. Will they be as bright as my incandescents. Probably not, but that is ok.

Comments?

Robert