Hello Everyone,

I realize change is often very difficult. Being used to the way things were and having to adapt to new ways, formats, and the like. I would like to hear what your feelings are about the new format here on PC. I'm sure Chuck is already getting "plenty" of feedback. Here is an opportunity to post your feelings and impressions.

My first impression is the cold feeling of the new site. The old site had a much warmer, friendlier feel to it. Now it feels like there is no color, no warmth, just post your black and white message and walk away.

I'm sure we'll get used to it and things will be fine. Chuck, thanks for all of your hard work and dedication. Keep it up for all of us Christmas nuts.

Good Luck to you ALL,

Terry

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like anything else, change takes some time to get used to. But the lack of color, the sterility is unappealing to me. Just my opinion. Would like to see a members list though that does include everyone, makes finding people much easier.

I just saw the new forum since last week, and I like it! While it will take a lot to get used to, I'm a fan of the new design. On a larger monitor it seems spacious. The previous style had content boxes on the side, and things were rather tight along the top. It feels cleaner and more organized. Although the colors do seem cold, I love the gradients and rounded corners. It makes the pages look smooth.

I just saw the new forum since last week, and I like it! While it will take a lot to get used to, I'm a fan of the new design. On a larger monitor it seems spacious. The previous style had content boxes on the side, and things were rather tight along the top. It feels cleaner and more organized. Although the colors do seem cold, I love the gradients and rounded corners. It makes the pages look smooth.

I agree with you. Don't tell anyone.

I am traditionally a little slower than some to adapt to new technology, but one does what one must. I agree that the color schemes could use some tweaking, but I like that some of the fonts appear bigger. I can tell that a lot of work went into the upgrade, and for that, Chuck, I thank you.

I don't think this is final yet. There's not even a PC logo... My guess is this is some sort of default theme.

I've been wrong before though...

I would hope and figure you are right. Definitely does not feel like home just yet.

I don't think this is final yet. There's not even a PC logo... My guess is this is some sort of default theme.

I've been wrong before though...

Tim, I think that was a very stupid comment on your part, you should not jump to conclusions and smash everyone's hopes and dreams all in one foul swoop....

The above comment was a joke with my friend Tim, but I think Tim may be right this time!!

Spacious yes, but I wish the font were just a bit bigger. Tim, there is a logo, at least now, in the upper left corner, but it is so tiny I can see how you missed it. I agree change is difficult, and hope there is some adjustments.

WOW! What a difference. I'm as resistant to change as anyone so I feel lost right now. In fact, I'm still using 'classic mode' on the fatwallet board and its been a couple years since they switched. I'm sure once I get used to it here I won't even think twice about it.

I do like how clean it looks but I'm not crazy about the font. On the whole I give it a thumbs up. (now where's that thumbs up emoticon?...)

Edited by plasmata

Tim, there is a logo, at least now, in the upper left corner, but it is so tiny I can see how you missed it.

It wasn't there last night (it was a vBulletin logo). Now that it's changed to a PC logo, it's looking more like this is the "real thing" after all.

I feel your pain. We're on the bloody cutting edge of Internet forums... which is one of the reasons I don't like the color red in forum templates :P.

We are still making major changes behind the scenes (well... really, the super-geeks are doing all the hard work.) Once the infratructure is stable the tweaking will begin of the gazillion new features.

This is the slowest time of year for the PlanetChristmas forums. Changes you suggest are much more likely to be implemented... versus later in the year when it's a bit like sipping from a firehose for your humble administrator.

More to come!

I like it so far! please keep the Logo on top small. Keep it simple.. i could care less what color it is...i can always change my font color to make things more colorful or Christmassy

I agree about the logo - far too often I had the HUGE PC logo on my screen at work. Nobody really cares as long as I get my work done, but it looks a bit unprofessional.

Now you have a couple of color variations. Scroll to the bottom of this screen and look for a little dropdown box on the far left that says "--BP WhiteBlue or VB Default style." More variations will be added soon (except maybe for red.)

The Facebook connector at the top of the screen is now working. Not totally sure what it's good for... yet.

And we can now link to videos...

If you haven't seen the above video of the Carson Williams house, what planet have you been living on??? :giggle: