Chicagoland Regional 2010 WEBSITE & REGISTRATION

Carrie Sansing

At long last, the Chicagoland website is now on-line! You can Register for the event by clicking the box on the home page (Registration website) and/or browse for the details of what we shall be doing in Chicago over Labor Day weekend.

I will be updating the site periodically!

http://chicagolandregionalmini-plus.lightoramasequences.com/content/view/132/70/

Edited by Carrie Sansing

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrie, do you have an updated list of who has committed to attending? I'd like to see what kind of riff raff I can expect.

Frank, I just opened Registration tonight. Many people have said they are coming, some I know are committed, but in order to protect their privacy, I really can't say.

Do you have more info on what the "Wireframe Workshop" is? Is it welding, adding lights to a wireframe, both? neither?

Would be kind of fun to take home a wireframe for $35 extra. And I already know how to use my Lightkeeper Pro :)

Jeez Tim, cant you just look over the website.....LOL http://chicagolandregionalmini-plus.lightoramasequences.com/content/view/103/58/

I think its just attacking the lights to the wire frame.

Jeez Tim, cant you just look over the website.....LOL http://chicagolandregionalmini-plus.lightoramasequences.com/content/view/103/58/

I think its just attacking the lights to the wire frame.

Thanks for the link. I didn't notice that - it would be nice to have these 'extended descriptions' linked from the class schedule, which is where I looked ;)

Do you have more info on what the "Wireframe Workshop" is? Is it welding, adding lights to a wireframe, both? neither?

Would be kind of fun to take home a wireframe for $35 extra. And I already know how to use my Lightkeeper Pro :)

Tim, the complete description is under events:

http://chicagolandregionalmini-plus.lightoramasequences.com/content/view/103/58/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Carrie:

I'm still working on getting the other half to come down with me which is why I haven't registered yet or booked hotel. Been busy the last three weeks or so as her mother has had both legs amputated at mid thigh, at least to start. The left which was the first done has now been cut further twice and has been taken to the hip just yesterday. It has been refusing to heal. IF she comes and feels like coming to the festivities rather than spend a couple days in the hotel area what is there for our two year old Annika to do, if anything? Another possibility is her and the munchkin going to Six Flags. How far are you from there, 15 minutes? Thanks.

Lenny

Carrie:

I'm still working on getting the other half to come down with me which is why I haven't registered yet or booked hotel. Been busy the last three weeks or so as her mother has had both legs amputated at mid thigh, at least to start. The left which was the first done has now been cut further twice and has been taken to the hip just yesterday. It has been refusing to heal. IF she comes and feels like coming to the festivities rather than spend a couple days in the hotel area what is there for our two year old Annika to do, if anything? Another possibility is her and the munchkin going to Six Flags. How far are you from there, 15 minutes? Thanks.

Lenny

That's tragic...I can't even begin to imagination. Besh wishes for your family...

But to answer your question:

The Kohl Children's Musuem in Glenview (10 minutes)

Chicago Children's Museum

Museum of Science & Industry

Lincoln Park Zoo

Pump It Up (Inflatable Children's Playground)

Garfield Park Conservatory

Legoland (not like SanDiego but still nice)

This was buried in the "Sorry" thread when in reality should have been in the Chicagoland thread...

Carrie:

Lenny

That's tragic...I can't even begin to imagination. Besh wishes for your family...

But to answer your question:

The Kohl Children's Musuem in Glenview (10 minutes)

Chicago Children's Museum

Museum of Science & Industry

Lincoln Park Zoo

Pump It Up (Inflatable Children's Playground)

Garfield Park Conservatory

Legoland (not like SanDiego but still nice)

This was buried in the "Sorry" thread when in reality should have been in the Chicagoland thread...

Lenny, first..I am so sorry about your mother-in-law. I pray that she starts to heal and that your wife can come down with you.

Ed was correct with the information he provided. The Kohl's Childrens' Museaum is a wonderful place, particularly for little ones. There is lots of hands on play there. My son loved it when he was small.

Chicago area is filled with tons of things to do. Six Flags is about 45 minutes North of me, easy to get to, and its a large park. Also tons of fun. If you need further suggestions, please post and I will give you even more!

Carrie and Ed both... Thanks a bunch. Wanted to know what is realitively close. Karen won't want to drive to far in the Chicago area traffic if she does come down. We go to Six Flags a bunch, just wasn't sure how far to there from your area. You are a bit farther south than I thought. Used to spend three four days at a time in Chicago Train watching until 911 gave every law enforcement employee the right to hassle you because you watch and photograph trains for a hobby ;o) I guess I'll have to work her over. Her mom was her co-coaster junkie but that isn't possible anymore, so Six Flags probably isn't a strong selling point for me to push anyway. Maybe if they come down with me they can do some close by stuff during the day and I can pay some extra on the $35 so they can join us to eat supper Friday and Saturday? My little girl is a stitch !! But she would have to be, her dad plays with trains and Christmas lights all of the time.

Lenny