Bring back the member list!

Sorry for yelling but this is ridiculous. What's the point of belonging to an online forum if you can't find other members?

The "word on the street" is that Mr. Smith removed the list since "some people" had a problem with their private info being made public. Well, guess what? If you don't want any info made public then don't put it in your profile. (Now that there is no member list then there's really no reason to fill all that junk out anyway.)

If this is NOT the reason the Member List was removed then it's high time it was restored.

In fact, even if this WAS the reason the list was removed it's high time it was restored.

Edited by ChuckHutchings
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mr. Smith forgets how many times we reported obvious spammers/pr0nsters while perusing the list.

Maybe he doesn't want to be bugged by all the reports of spammers... [ATTACH=CONFIG]34107[/ATTACH] Still no reason to punish all of the friendships we have made... [ATTACH=CONFIG]34108[/ATTACH]

post-7232-129571219188_thumb.gif

post-7232-129571219193_thumb.gif

I agree. As stated, if a person is not comfortable with personal info on here, they need not include it. Most people do not use full names as user names anyway. And as CH stated, no need to fill in profiles. The member's list was nice to have for a number of various reasons.

I agree. As stated, if a person is not comfortable with personal info on here, they need not include it. Most people do not use full names as user names anyway. And as CH stated, no need to fill in profiles. The member's list was nice to have for a number of various reasons.

Reason #1 Contacting someone with a Brilliant Idea: I.E. "I know and have talked with that guy who created a motorized Snowman and Bunny, it was a very good creation, I wonder how he did it?? Oh I can PM him and ask for the How To... It's September, I am really cutting it to the wire... Dangit what was his name? I think Dan... Maybe his PC Name was DANORI, I think he lived in Rhode Island. I will PM DANORI..." PM gets bounced back because I didn't use the correct Name.

WITH A MEMBER LIST I WOULD BE ABLE TO NARROW IT DOWN, That DANO from New Jersey (DANONJ) Built this awesome decoration piece and WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF THE MEMBER LIST, I have correctly Identified the correct PC Name of Dan from New Jersey

I'm sure a fancy forum like this has the ability to allow the user to control what information is made public. Why would you bother providing the info if you didn't want it made available anyway?

I hate to say it, but this topic's been beat to death. Chuck S. has said he has no intentions of bringing it back. I don't agree with this decision in the slightest, but I've been around here long enough to know that threads that demand he change his mind seldom (read "never") have the desired results.

Since I have yet to hear one single person say they think the lack of a membership list is a good idea, combined with the fact that all personal info is given voluntarily and never required, I suspect that reason (although it's the reason Chuck S. gave publicly) is not really the reason behind it.

I'm sure a fancy forum like this has the ability to allow the user to control what information is made public. Why would you bother providing the info if you didn't want it made available anyway?

This is quickly becoming a NANCY forum. :P

I hate to say it, but this topic's been beat to death. Chuck S. has said he has no intentions of bringing it back. I don't agree with this decision in the slightest, but I've been around here long enough to know that threads that demand he change his mind seldom (read "never") have the desired results.

Since I have yet to hear one single person say they think the lack of a membership list is a good idea, combined with the fact that all personal info is given voluntarily and never required, I suspect that reason (although it's the reason Chuck S. gave publicly) is not really the reason behind it.

I don't agree with it either. And I'm feeling ornery. BRING IT BACK!