Video security system with 8 cameras

I have progressed from cif, to d1, and now have HD cameras. The issue was clarity of images on playback. CIF is just not acceptable except for streaming to your phone or tablet. Most good dvr's have dual mode that allow for that. I use Heivision 1280X720 night vision cameras, 3.2mm for wide angle and both 6 and 12mm for longer distances. With both of the older systems the amount of enlargement needed to get an image large enough to be usable made the image so blurry it was useless to me. (And as a retired LEO I have seen this many times) With the HD system I can enlarge and actually read the plate number of cars driving by my house. Facial recognition is crucial in identifying anyone perpetrating a crime on your property, without it you are wasting your money, just put up some fake cameras and signs, that will work as well in most cases. My DVR can handle up to 16 cameras but I only have 8 for now with no planes to add more any time soon. The clarity of both the monitored image (hdmi to a hi-def tv), and the recorded is unbelievable. I just wish this system had been available when I first installed security 10 years ago. And before you ask, no, I am not paranoid, but as a GAO (gang activities officer) I thought it prudent, as well as teaching my spouse to shoot, better safe than sorry.

I did forget to mention that my system is all POE, or power over either net, using 4 port Poe injection switches, this makes installation simple and the DVR has auto detection and configuration. There are also functions for missing item, and left item. What this does is if set it will look at the image and then sound an alarm a if an item is taken (like part of your display) or if something is added to the guarded area, like a package or briefcase. This is really good in the daytime, it will ignore people, but if someone picks up or moves a display item the alarm will sound. It also has lic plate tagging but I have no need of that at the moment. All in all I love the system, but I just have to stop trying to keep up with the innovations or I will go broke.

I had the wires run for my four cameras and I installed them this weekend and I now have everything up and running. What a relief since now I can keep an eye on my display. I set up the Internet viewer for both my neighbors so they can see it also. I love the Zmodo system, it is an 8 channel system but I have only 4 cameras right now. Very clear even at night. I want to change out one of the cameras to PTZ camera. I need to keep an eye on my Santa and the new elves.

the 4" Zmoda pan tilt is an amazing camera at a great price, I sell a good number of them, they dont zoom but it has a great picture that an be moved around.

310YsIiUzyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nice PTZ, is this analog?, or digital? I would love to add a good PTZ to my system to reduce the number of fixed camera's needed.