Fm transmitter

You will find 2 camps for the most part around here. Those that use one of the Ramsey kit products, FM25, FM30 or FM100, or one of the EDM units. I suggest searching the threads for Ramsey or EDM to get a ton of detailed info.

Also, there are a lot of people that like the brand Mobile Black Box which sell two main transmitters...

The V6000 but remember when looking at this one that it only transmits in mono. The Eclipse-4000 transmits in stereo. I plan on purchasing the Eclipse-4000 sometime soon.

If you are unfamiliar with the difference between mono and stereo, there is one general difference. Mono means that all the sound comes out of your listeners speakers will be just one sound. So basically all the sounds that come out of the speakers are all the same no matter which one you listen to.

And stereo would basically be described as "surround sound". Different sounds coming out of different speakers. This is how 99% percent of car radios transmit.

Also, these transmitters come pre built, so there is no construction necessary. But the only concern I have heard from owners is the distance. Some users get up to 5 miles in range, and apparently this is breaking some FCC regulation. I'm sure if you look around on this website you will find a plethora of different forum topics dedicated to discussing transmitters and FCC regulations.

I would say your best bet is to go with either Ramsey or EDM if your looking to make your own. If you want a pre-fabricated one, look at MBB or check out Chris's link (above) which I also plan on looking into. Because my mind isn't completely made up yet.

But good luck with the search! It's not necessarily an easy one! Haha

Edited by H2Opolo15

The only transmitter for me is the EDM. It has the best audio quality and the best overall specification of transmission quality on the market. I do not have to worry that the FCC will come knocking on my door because of interference problems.

GO to the EDM site and check out for yourelf, it is worth the extra dollars.

http://www.edmdesign.com

The only transmitter for me is the EDM. It has the best audio quality and the best overall specification of transmission quality on the market. I do not have to worry that the FCC will come knocking on my door because of interference problems.

I would agree, the EDM are a great value top quality transmitter. Definetly worth considering if your looking for a great performing transmitter at a great price.

I would agree, the EDM are a great value top quality transmitter. Definetly worth considering if your looking for a great performing transmitter at a great price.

I agree too. I have the EDM-LCD-RDS-EP, and was extremely pleased with the ease of set-up, audio quality, and transmission range. The RDS ability is pretty cool if that is something that interests you. They also added a new mid-range quality transmitter this year (EDM-LCD-CS-EP) that I see is $134. This would provide a cheaper alternative to the "audiophile" series. There has been a group sale on EDM's the past few years, though not sure if that will happen again this year or not. EDM is easy to work with on setting this up though if somebody volunteers to do so. I believe you just had to round up at least 10 people to get a discount (they have you send them the list and they send a special purchase link).