Gov. Liquidated lights

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, stuff looks real cool... would be some fun... normally these gov deals auctions go way lower then they should, unless there is another municipality going after it. With things like this I kinda doubt it.

Can anyone say lets have fun. I would be in on some of it if the price does not get out of hand. Looks like the city is gtting rid of some of their stuff.

Mike

Mike

I'd be willing to share the cost of a U-Haul rental for some of the items

I live N. of Cartersville. Have pickup and trailer. I think I could haul all of this. Looks like there is enough interest I'll bid, hopefully win, get it here, inventory and see if you folks will buy enough of it to cover my costs and maybe get some nice stuff. JFELIX: Up for a road trip?

Those archways look interesting!! Looks like the government in Forsyth County are big hoarders by the looks of that warehouse... :-0

I live about 45 mins from where these are located, but don't have the ability to store them...

I was kind of looking at the arches also. But I think there are more there than I need. Maybe we could work out something if I am high bidder for you to meet me up there when I pick them up. Any chance you could get by Tuesday and look at this stuff? It would give us all a much better idea what is there.

I see it is up to $500. Need a for sure number of people to go too much higher. ILoveKaye1 let me know if I can be any help. DEpending onthe day I could road trip. Still in school (teaching) but we get out soon. Just PM me.

Those archways look interesting!! Looks like the government in Forsyth County are big hoarders by the looks of that warehouse... :-0

I live about 45 mins from where these are located, but don't have the ability to store them...

I was kind of looking at the arches also. But I think there are more there than I need. Maybe we could work out something if I am high bidder for you to meet me up there when I pick them up. Any chance you could get by Tuesday and look at this stuff? It would give us all a much better idea what is there.

I work from 8-5pm everyday as I also work local government hours as the city that is selling these, I am one county above Forsyth, I would be happy to go and take pictures of everything there is to offer and post them here, I am sure there will not be a oppertunity till Tuesday as Government offices are closed.... If someone wants to contact the contact person on the listing (Ilovekaye1) and possibly set up a time for me to meet them to look at the stuff for Tuesday at 6pm, I will be happy to go look, it is about 30mins from my work...

Just let me know, if I do go and everything looks good and I have a a good interest, I could meet you there the day you all pick up and get my stuff so you don't have to haul it back with you...

I work from 8-5pm everyday as I also work local government hours as the city that is selling these, I am one county above Forsyth, I would be happy to go and take pictures of everything there is to offer and post them here, I am sure there will not be a oppertunity till Tuesday as Government offices are closed.... If someone wants to contact the contact person on the listing (Ilovekaye1) and possibly set up a time for me to meet them to look at the stuff for Tuesday at 6pm, I will be happy to go look, it is about 30mins from my work...

Just let me know, if I do go and everything looks good and I have a a good interest, I could meet you there the day you all pick up and get my stuff so you don't have to haul it back with you...

I have not bid yet but it only takes a couple of seconds. I did register to bid on the site. However I am afraid that at $500 the bid has gone past what I expected. (It was at $102 when I started the thread.) With 3 1/2 days to go my guess is it will exceed $1,000. I would be glad to contact Forsyth county and see about the 6:00 viewing and I would surely like the chance to get some of the items. I could still pick them up but I had probably better plan on moving in with one of you folks if I bid this. I'll keep watching and if anyone can think of any other way I am willing to listen but for now I am afraid I will have to bow out.

Sorry

I have not bid yet but it only takes a couple of seconds. I did register to bid on the site. However I am afraid that at $500 the bid has gone past what I expected. (It was at $102 when I started the thread.) With 3 1/2 days to go my guess is it will exceed $1,000. I would be glad to contact Forsyth county and see about the 6:00 viewing and I would surely like the chance to get some of the items. I could still pick them up but I had probably better plan on moving in with one of you folks if I bid this. I'll keep watching and if anyone can think of any other way I am willing to listen but for now I am afraid I will have to bow out.

Sorry

Humm.... If you could contact Forsyth County that would be great for 6pm on Tuesday, wouldn't take longer then 10-20 mins to get a good inventory and pics... I will PM you my cell phone number and you can let me know what you come up with. You could try calling on Monday, but I doubt there will be anyone there. I wouldn't be able to call anytime Tuesday unless on my lunch break, so if you contact them, you could leave me a message.

It did sound really good when it was $102, maybe since its a holiday weekend everyone has laid off of it... I bet you anything that a local park Tanglewood that does a big Christmas display has a bid in on these because they can easily pick them up.

How many people do we have in on this?

Jfelix

Ilovekaye1

LightsonBeasley - $80-100 (No More)

Mscollectables

Dave H

2addicted2lights

Is there anyone else at all that would be interested if we could get the pics Tuesday and get them online by around 8pm with a inventory for everyone to see before we decide to make the final bid?? What is the exact time that the auction closes??

We need to make a final packt or handshake that we are all in on this till a certain price so we will not overbid I guess....

Anymore of my NC display friends Mark Schell, resque...(In Winston), you folks in Greensboro? I will get a comprehensive list/pics if they agree to meet with me at 6pm

Edited by LightsonBeasley

Humm.... If you could contact Forsyth County that would be great and see if they would be able to let me look around at the items at 6pm on Tuesday likely wouldn't take longer then 10-20 mins to get a good inventory and pics... I will PM you my cell phone number and you can let me know what you come up with. You could try calling on Monday, but I doubt there will be anyone there. I wouldn't be able to call anytime Tuesday unless on my lunch break, so if you contact them, you could leave me a message. I wouldn't want to pay over $100

It did sound really good when it was $102, maybe since its a holiday weekend everyone has laid off of it... I bet you anything that a local park Tanglewood that does a big Christmas display has a bid in on these because they can easily pick them up.

Jfelix

Ilovekaye1

Mscollectables

Dave H

2addicted2lights

Is there anyone else at all that would be interested if we could get the pics Tuesday and get them online by around 8pm with a inventory for everyone to see before we decide to make the final bid?? What is the exact time that the auction closes??

We need to make a final packt or handshake that we are all in on this till a certain price so we will not overbid I guess....

It ends at 2:10 P.M. on Wednesday. I work from home so I could call easily. J Felix has indicated he may have some other folks in Atl. interested. I could be in for $100 but I just can't afford to bid on them at over $500.

Humm.... If you could contact Forsyth County that would be great for 6pm on Tuesday, wouldn't take longer then 10-20 mins to get a good inventory and pics... I will PM you my cell phone number and you can let me know what you come up with. You could try calling on Monday, but I doubt there will be anyone there. I wouldn't be able to call anytime Tuesday unless on my lunch break, so if you contact them, you could leave me a message.

Jfelix

Ilovekaye1

Mscollectables

Dave H

2addicted2lights

Anymore of my NC display friends Mark Schell, resque...(In Winston), you folks in Greensboro? I will get a comprehensive list/pics if they agree to meet with me at 6pm

I will commit 100-150 once I see inventory list and see what I could get with the approval of the group of course. Ilovekaye1 where do you live in relation to interstate from chattanooga to atlanta? where you live could also effect whether or not I am for sure "in"....Thanks..I hope this works out for all of us!!

It ends at 2:10 P.M. on Wednesday. I work from home so I could call easily. J Felix has indicated he may have some other folks in Atl. interested. I could be in for $100 but I just can't afford to bid on them at over $500.

Well, I guess the best thing to do is get a solid list of everyone interested on PC and off of PC and how much they would max bid currently and then when I get more pictures and inventory and describe to you what each item is and does and possibly test condition of lights (working/not) I promise to have it listed by Tuesday at 8pm!! So you can all get on and see and that night we can all make our final decision.

Maybe Tuesday night we could all list what we are interested in from the inventory and see if the price commit to justifys what we get...

Jfelix

Ilovekaye1 Could do $100

Mscollectables

Dave H

2addicted2lights $100-150

Too bad I didn't click the link before Friday, I assumed the deal was located in Georgia, never assumed it would be right down the road from me... Seriously a few different roads and no more than 5 different turns :)

I will commit 100-150 once I see inventory list and see what I could get with the approval of the group of course. Ilovekaye1 where do you live in relation to interstate from chattanooga to atlanta? where you live could also effect whether or not I am for sure "in"....Thanks..I hope this works out for all of us!!

I live N. of Cartersville. on 411. I could meet you in Adairsville. I agree with Lightson that I will likely not get anyone on Monday but I will try. I am sure I will reach someone on Tuesday but I am not sure I can convince them to stay till 6:00.

I live N. of Cartersville. on 411. I could meet you in Adairsville. I agree with Lightson that I will likely not get anyone on Monday but I will try. I am sure I will reach someone on Tuesday but I am not sure I can convince them to stay till 6:00.

The thing is I officially get out of work at 5pm, but since I work in Information Technology, we have to stick around till everyone is out in case there are computer related problems so sometimes its 5:30 before I get to leave... It only takes me 30 mins to get there, so if I am lucky and get out at 5 or so mins after 5pm, I could possibly be there by 5:30. So when you call, maybe it will be best to say that you have a guy who is 30mins away that will be there on Tuesday between 5:30 and 6pm. I will definately be there by 6pm though!!

If everyone wants I will bid on these items seeing I live in Forsyth County and then I will sort it out and post a list of items where we can spread them out from there and my work schedul would work to fit getting these items. From looking and the items included looks like they are liquidating some of there items from the tanglewood festival of lights.

If everyone wants I will bid on these items seeing I live in Forsyth County and then I will sort it out and post a list of items where we can spread them out from there and my work schedul would work to fit getting these items. From looking and the items included looks like they are liquidating some of there items from the tanglewood festival of lights.

Rescue:

I would say if you want to bid for the group that would be great. I can commit to a hundred dollar share and could pick up share's for anyone in the Atl. area. (Maybe a little help with the gas.) Would Lightson still go by on Tuesday afternoon and take pictures for the group or do you intend to buy the lot, do an inventory and post that after bid ending?

I think we still have life. Once we get an inventory le tmeknow. I too am thinking $100 or so.

We need a snowflake count and aybe see if the snowflaked on those arches are removable in case people want the snowflake and not hte arch.

Ilovekaye1 depending in the night I could roadtrip with you and split the gas. Busy week with pre graduaton for 2. Unless if we buy rescue could store ours for about a week. I would be surprised if it goes over $100, I am thinking $700 or so.

Rescue:

I would say if you want to bid for the group that would be great. I can commit to a hundred dollar share and could pick up share's for anyone in the Atl. area. (Maybe a little help with the gas.) Would Lightson still go by on Tuesday afternoon and take pictures for the group or do you intend to buy the lot, do an inventory and post that after bid ending?

I am still able to go get pictures and a inventory of the lights on Tuesday between 5:30pm and 6:00pm if they are willing to stay that long for me to get there, only 30min drive so no problem at all. Maybe Rescue can store the lights if he is willing to, I will be able to meet up with Rescue and get what I want before you all haul yours to Atlanta.

Ilovekaye1: Let me know as soon as you get in contact with someone at Forsyth County, you can tell them that you have someone who works with Stokes County coming down to look at the lights, but can't get out of work till 5pm, hense the hope that they will stay over for me to come take a look!

Updated Bid List:

1: Jfelix $100

2: Ilovekaye1 Could do $100

3: LightsonBeasley - $80-100 (No More)

4: Mscollectables $100

5: Dave H

6: 2addicted2lights $100-150

7: rescue_653

Total Max Bid = Around $550 --- Please let us know what you are willing to pay.

Edited by LightsonBeasley

I dont see why I cant pick up the tab up front I want to see what all they have snowflakes is a plus and I would like to see what elseis in that lot or if they plan to have more lots to come. Lightson Beasley I can work out the storage issue at our company shop.